Fresno...Tough match up

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:I won't saying anything bad about this game, and I hope other won't as well. This game I ad down as a loss at the very beginning of the season. Fresno's 4-9 record last year was very deceiving. They have a great group offensively and it showed. Fresno's D is always tough. They are very quick and athletic which makes for a lot of struggle against them. I thought the score would be a little closer, but like I said, I will not hold this one against anybody.
The one benefit I will give Wyo is they have faced three of the top Running backs in the nation in three weeks and did very well keeping them under control. Jefferson at Nevada didn't come close to his average against the Pokes. AFA's Getz struggled before being knocked out of the game and we just held Rouse to under 100 yards.
I had Wyo at 7-5 this year, but I could still see 5-7. It is disappointing, but I'll take what we can get. We have a very young, inexperienced and injured Defense right now. Our Offense has done well for the most part, excluding Smith's injuries, Our top Wideout Herron's injuries and several others being out every other week due to injury.
If we finish this season strong I will be happy. Because I know next year this D will be better and our Offense will have everyone back also.

I hope all the "Fire DC and Burman" folk will get a grip and let this one go also. This season is not a complete lost cause. Maybe we don't get to a bowl this year, but if we finish strong and have more experience for next year I think we'll be looking pretty good for our up coming seasons.

Go Pokes. Keeping the Faith!
That's a sign of a good team, when you are not giving them any shot at winning certain games before the season starts. At this point your posts just make me laugh.
Are you stupid enough to tell me that you had Wyoming going undefeated this year? Who's posts make who laugh?
No, that would almost be as stupid as the team having only one win, including their last game a four touchdown demolition, and then coming on a message board and saying how great of a job the coaches or doing. Oh wait, you already did that.
Go through all of my posts and quote me saying any of this. I said they are not the problem. The problem has been injuries, our best player who accounts for almost 75% of our TD's has been out either due to injury or due to getting kicked out of the end of a game. Use common sense my friend, because you seem to struggle with that.
Yes, I had Wyo losing this one at the beginning of the year, I didn't think it would be this bad of a score, I even stated I thought it would be closer. Still, you all want to just add this loss as a massive log to the "Fire DC" mantra when almost everyone had this one down as a loss to begin with...BEFORE WE HAD THE 1-6 RECORD. So tell me, did the team actually look like they quit? Or did they look outmatched? I saw outmatched. We had a secondary who is down due to three of them out for injuries...Makes for lots of back ups and get this, that tends to mean it is a weak spot. And Fresno went after it and succeeded. We have a qb who has been plagued with head injuries this year begin to slide or just throw it away. Has he just checked out for the season? No. He's playing safe and careful. All we need is to lose him for the rest of his career before this season is over due to another head injury. Our O-line was completely outmatched and our FRESHMAN RB's couldn't run the ball.
Again, this team is young and inexperienced in a lot of main areas. And most teams that have that problem are generally getting blown out EVERY WEEK! Don't believe me, Look at Colorado. For crying out loud, Look at CSU! Ever week it is bad loss after bad loss. We are one drive away from getting a field goal and beating Cal Poly with all our back ups in, we are one drive that stalled due to Smith being knocked out and beating Toledo. (Smith in the offense moves the ball, Smith out the offense goes 3 and out and thats the game). Smith in our Offense revamps and we win at Idaho. Smith in and we are coming from behind and winning late at Nevada (who by the way is also in the top 2 in the league) Smith gets flagged and sent out and guess what, the rest of the game the offense stalls. 3 and out over and over again. If we had got the one third down conversion I think we could have run the clock quite well to a victory. AFA. Played well in the first half, Our players couldn't catch anything in the second half and we lose by one. 4th and 5 and on a play that you could see that Smith would be rushing for a first down, Thompson throws. This game, I really thought would be something like 45- 24 or 42-28. As you can see still not great. But it's one bad loss. Shoot even or loss to Texas wasn't bad. We were one fourth down conversion away from making it a 7 point ball game early in the fourth quarter.
Coaching is what made all these games opportunities to win. Bad coaching is what gives you a season like CU and CSU, check the difference.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:I won't saying anything bad about this game, and I hope other won't as well. This game I ad down as a loss at the very beginning of the season. Fresno's 4-9 record last year was very deceiving. They have a great group offensively and it showed. Fresno's D is always tough. They are very quick and athletic which makes for a lot of struggle against them. I thought the score would be a little closer, but like I said, I will not hold this one against anybody.
The one benefit I will give Wyo is they have faced three of the top Running backs in the nation in three weeks and did very well keeping them under control. Jefferson at Nevada didn't come close to his average against the Pokes. AFA's Getz struggled before being knocked out of the game and we just held Rouse to under 100 yards.
I had Wyo at 7-5 this year, but I could still see 5-7. It is disappointing, but I'll take what we can get. We have a very young, inexperienced and injured Defense right now. Our Offense has done well for the most part, excluding Smith's injuries, Our top Wideout Herron's injuries and several others being out every other week due to injury.
If we finish this season strong I will be happy. Because I know next year this D will be better and our Offense will have everyone back also.

I hope all the "Fire DC and Burman" folk will get a grip and let this one go also. This season is not a complete lost cause. Maybe we don't get to a bowl this year, but if we finish strong and have more experience for next year I think we'll be looking pretty good for our up coming seasons.

That's a sign of a good team, when you are not giving them any shot at winning certain games before the season starts. At this point your posts just make me laugh.
Are you stupid enough to tell me that you had Wyoming going undefeated this year? Who's posts make who laugh?
No, that would almost be as stupid as the team having only one win, including their last game a four touchdown demolition, and then coming on a message board and saying how great of a job the coaches or doing. Oh wait, you already did that.
Go through all of my posts and quote me saying any of this. I said they are not the problem. The problem has been injuries, our best player who accounts for almost 75% of our TD's has been out either due to injury or due to getting kicked out of the end of a game. Use common sense my friend, because you seem to struggle with that.
Yes, I had Wyo losing this one at the beginning of the year, I didn't think it would be this bad of a score, I even stated I thought it would be closer. Still, you all want to just add this loss as a massive log to the "Fire DC" mantra when almost everyone had this one down as a loss to begin with...BEFORE WE HAD THE 1-6 RECORD. So tell me, did the team actually look like they quit? Or did they look outmatched? I saw outmatched. We had a secondary who is down due to three of them out for injuries...Makes for lots of back ups and get this, that tends to mean it is a weak spot. And Fresno went after it and succeeded. We have a qb who has been plagued with head injuries this year begin to slide or just throw it away. Has he just checked out for the season? No. He's playing safe and careful. All we need is to lose him for the rest of his career before this season is over due to another head injury. Our O-line was completely outmatched and our FRESHMAN RB's couldn't run the ball.
Again, this team is young and inexperienced in a lot of main areas. And most teams that have that problem are generally getting blown out EVERY WEEK! Don't believe me, Look at Colorado. For crying out loud, Look at CSU! Ever week it is bad loss after bad loss. We are one drive away from getting a field goal and beating Cal Poly with all our back ups in, we are one drive that stalled due to Smith being knocked out and beating Toledo. (Smith in the offense moves the ball, Smith out the offense goes 3 and out and thats the game). Smith in our Offense revamps and we win at Idaho. Smith in and we are coming from behind and winning late at Nevada (who by the way is also in the top 2 in the league) Smith gets flagged and sent out and guess what, the rest of the game the offense stalls. 3 and out over and over again. If we had got the one third down conversion I think we could have run the clock quite well to a victory. AFA. Played well in the first half, Our players couldn't catch anything in the second half and we lose by one. 4th and 5 and on a play that you could see that Smith would be rushing for a first down, Thompson throws. This game, I really thought would be something like 45- 24 or 42-28. As you can see still not great. But it's one bad loss. Shoot even or loss to Texas wasn't bad. We were one fourth down conversion away from making it a 7 point ball game early in the fourth quarter.
Coaching is what made all these games opportunities to win. Bad coaching is what gives you a season like CU and CSU, check the difference.
1-6
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Contract extension says he stays at least for next year and probably another after that.
UW has cause to terminate.

It won't happen so stop already. You people are hopeless. Besides, you have no arguments. At least I have numbers and records and history to back up my point. All you people have is the snotty emotion on your sleeve.
I bet that if we manage to get 8 or 9 wins next year almost every single one of you complainers will be on the DC bandwagon again...

The only bandwagon person I see around here is you quite frankly. You have some sort of man crush on DC. I bet when he is gone you will be as well.
Seattle, let me get this straight. Because I support who we have in our head coach position, and because I don't fly off the wall and I continue to support our program even in the hard times, that makes me a bandwagon fan? Maybe I'm just that dedicated of a fan in general. Maybe I'm what they call a "real" fan.
I am one of those who will stay and continue to cheer them on until the final whistle. Just like your taught in football to play till the final whistle, I as a fan will stay to the end. Maybe we need more fans like that. I will live and die with my Pokes. I go through the good and the bad with my Cowboys. I may not always agree with a hiring or a firing, but in the end is what I think really going to matter?
All you do is rant and rave and apparently make stupid comments like this and attack other fans with your stupidity. Way to go. You are in no way classy in fact you're a real class-ACT.

Rant and rave? I haven't been ranting and raving at all.

Infact I don't care whether they keep Christensen or let him go. I haven't said much about it. I've tried to stay out of it. Your posts though have gotten to the point of being comical. You have to either be related to him or be one of his best buddies from way back they way you try to sugarcoat everything.

The fact you are talking about class is comical since you seem to support a guy the just made a total ass out of himself on camera last week. I'm not going to argue with you but I think the only one with an "ACT" here is you.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Bandwagon? Now I am Acting. Prove it. Before you lay claim on me and who I am, which you know nothing of me. Prove it buddy. Go through my posts, go through my threads. Show me where I've ever changed my thought process.
I've already stated that I do like DC. I'm not his buddy, I've met him three times. Coaching convention, A Cowboy Joe Club convention and at the 50 yard line after he gave my wife and I sideline passes after my dad died.
I think he is a good coach. I thought Glenn was a good coach. It doesn't mean I agree with everything they do or did.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

kansasCowboy wrote:Bandwagon? Now I am Acting. Prove it. Before you lay claim on me and who I am, which you know nothing of me. Prove it buddy. Go through my posts, go through my threads. Show me where I've ever changed my thought process.
I've already stated that I do like DC. I'm not his buddy, I've met him three times. Coaching convention, A Cowboy Joe Club convention and at the 50 yard line after he gave my wife and I sideline passes after my dad died.
I think he is a good coach. I thought Glenn was a good coach. It doesn't mean I agree with everything they do or did.
So, if a coach with a 1-6 record is a good coach, what constitutes a bad coach? And for that matter, what is a coach of an undefeated or one-loss team? A god? The creator of football? I for one, think it is great having you, DC's dad, as a member of the message board posters, Kansas Cowboy.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

SDPokeFan wrote:So, if a coach with a 1-6 record is a good coach, what constitutes a bad coach? And for that matter, what is a coach of an undefeated or one-loss team? A god? The creator of football? I for one, think it is great having you, DC's dad, as a member of the message board posters, Kansas Cowboy.
I won't mind getting in the middle of this a bit. First off...you (and Seattle, and etc.) need to realize and read, that there is an emotional attachment to DC with KansasCowboy. That is sometimes deeper and more important than the game. And for that, I don't blame / fault KansasCowboy for supporting DC & his staff, and being a fan of DC, etc.

That being said. For every positive, there are 1000 negatives regarding DC, IMO. I think it is great he touched a few poke fans emotionally, and did what basically was right. I wouldn't consider any of it going over the top, but he did what a coach has to do in Wyoming, for a select few fans. It is Wyoming. You have to be personable and accessible. And if you don't / or aren't, you won't last. By the way, Burman should have already have known this.

First impressions are haunting. My first impression of DC was similar to many UW fans that I have talked to. And it went like this:

Social setting, prior to DC coaching his first practice:

"Hi Coach, awesome to meet you, how do you like Wyoming?!," says this Cowboy fan.

"Wyoming is fine...a little windy...but we think we can adjust. Seems to be a smart fan base," replies DC.

"Wyoming loves football, and loves the Cowboys. It is like family in the state for the mostpart," says this Cowboy fan.

"Well, true, that is what I have seen so far. But we aren't here to make friends. We are here to win football games, and we will win football games" DC says as he turns his back and walks away to talk to someone else.

HUH?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:So, if a coach with a 1-6 record is a good coach, what constitutes a bad coach? And for that matter, what is a coach of an undefeated or one-loss team? A god? The creator of football? I for one, think it is great having you, DC's dad, as a member of the message board posters, Kansas Cowboy.
I won't mind getting in the middle of this a bit. First off...you (and Seattle, and etc.) need to realize and read, that there is an emotional attachment to DC with KansasCowboy. That is sometimes deeper and more important than the game. And for that, I don't blame / fault KansasCowboy for supporting DC & his staff, and being a fan of DC, etc.

That being said. For every positive, there are 1000 negatives regarding DC, IMO. I think it is great he touched a few poke fans emotionally, and did what basically was right. I wouldn't consider any of it going over the top, but he did what a coach has to do in Wyoming, for a select few fans. It is Wyoming. You have to be personable and accessible. And if you don't / or aren't, you won't last. By the way, Burman should have already have known this.

First impressions are haunting. My first impression of DC was similar to many UW fans that I have talked to. And it went like this:

Social setting, prior to DC coaching his first practice:

"Hi Coach, awesome to meet you, how do you like Wyoming?!," says this Cowboy fan.

"Wyoming is fine...a little windy...but we think we can adjust. Seems to be a smart fan base," replies DC.

"Wyoming loves football, and loves the Cowboys. It is like family in the state for the mostpart," says this Cowboy fan.

"Well, true, that is what I have seen so far. But we aren't here to make friends. We are here to win football games, and we will win football games" DC says as he turns his back and walks away to talk to someone else.

HUH?
One of the reasons I loved Wyoming was the fact that the people who normally wouldn't be accessible are to some extent. But too many Wyoming fans and residents come to demand and expect this from everyone and that just isn't reality. It's great when our coach loves to stroke his ego in press conferences and when meeting fans/boosters, but his job is to win football games. DC isn't doing that this year and should be a little nervous, but we kept Glenn around way too long because he was accessible and personable. I think this general attitude from our fans is what continues to hold us back. Good coaches don't always come in the exact mold we expect. If DC was winning games we shouldn't care at all how he deals with the press, nor should we care if he is losing. We should care about the product on the field.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

HR_Poke wrote:One of the reasons I loved Wyoming was the fact that the people who normally wouldn't be accessible are to some extent. But too many Wyoming fans and residents come to demand and expect this from everyone and that just isn't reality. It's great when our coach loves to stroke his ego in press conferences and when meeting fans/boosters, but his job is to win football games. DC isn't doing that this year and should be a little nervous, but we kept Glenn around way too long because he was accessible and personable. I think this general attitude from our fans is what continues to hold us back. Good coaches don't always come in the exact mold we expect. If DC was winning games we shouldn't care at all how he deals with the press, nor should we care if he is losing. We should care about the product on the field.
Absolutely agree. Point well made. But...at Wyoming (and surely other programs, although I don't care about other programs)...

If the coach / coaching staff "portrays" themselves as assholes to the fanbase, and they act like assholes to the players / players parents, and they have a higher than usual attrition rate, and they lose to an FCS team (and what would be 2 - Idaho), and they are caught on Youtube (over 100K views so far) dropping the F bomb and acting like an idiot, and the HC surrounds himself with coaches that have ZERO business in college football (Rahl & Tormey for example), and they are getting paid as well as they do, and they generally have given the finger to recruiting Wyoming talent, and they have an overall losing record, and the season is firmly in the poop with a beatdown looming Saturday...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 251 times

kansasCowboy wrote: I had Wyo at 7-5 this year, but I could still see 5-7.

Delusional. The 'bottom feeders' have improved.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:Bandwagon? Now I am Acting. Prove it. Before you lay claim on me and who I am, which you know nothing of me. Prove it buddy. Go through my posts, go through my threads. Show me where I've ever changed my thought process.

Well first off sorry about your dad. That's good that Christensen did that for you. You're right I don't know anything about you and I'm not "personally" trying to attack you in anyway. You are the one that mentioned "bandwagon" fans and so I responded. I probably didn't go about it the right way. I apologize.

To be honest though your posts come across like everyone should just pump sunshine up each other and pretend everything is great with the football team. If that is your opinion then that's fine. Like I said I won't argue with you. It just seems funny to me that everyone should just sit around and pretend everything is great. I think it's okay to be critical of the coaches and doesn't make anyone a bandwagon fan. I think if anything it's good because it puts pressure on them to perform.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't support the team because we should. I just have a bad taste in my mouth with the way Christensen reacted last week. That doesn't mean I hate the guy in anyway but he could have handled that situation a lot different.
Alright.... hope all is forgiven so we can move onto our next "disagreement" :lol: Just kidding.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Delusional. The 'bottom feeders' have improved.
Yep, New Mexico came out of nowhere. Not only have they improved, but they're a threat to finish in the Top 4. They are this years 2011 Wyoming. UNLV's record shows they stink, but in Vegas they are very tough. Nevada was down by 28 at one point in Vegas.

Only team considered a bottom feeder on the schedule that hasn't improved is CSU. But UW can't overlook them either. They were terrible last season and almost beat Wyoming.....with no head coach at that.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

When Joe Glenn flipped off Utah, I thought it was funny. I admit it. I'm a low life. But I REALLY dislike Utah, and they were being jerks. So...it was pretty easy to forgive Glenn. Besides, Glenn was a great guy to the fan base. He was here to win games AND make friends-didnt believe the two were mutually exclusive.
When everyone was down on Glenn, and were running him out of town, I was on these boards "pumping sunshine" and advocating patience to no avail. I understand the impulse to hold steady, to stick with our guy through thick or thin...but this looks like more of a death spiral to me than we were in with Glenn.
Now DC is in his 4th year. He has four recruiting classes. The entire team is the fruit of his own efforts. It is overmatched in almost every respect.HIs W/l % is wose than Glenns...

now -he chooses our most respected rival(Air Force) as the target of his tirade on Armed Forces Day of all days. This isnt Joe Glenn flipping of the dam Utes-this is crazy, and its ugly. Christensen never wanted to be friends-just win games. He hasnt won any games, and hes got damn few friends-around the state or on his own bench. He has no one but himself to blame...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Our most respected rival? Maybe once upon a time. I'm more proud of DC for standing up for complete unsportsmanlike behavior than Glenn throwing out the bird while getting trounced 50-0. I stood behind both, but think DC's is more honorable becase Calhoun is a tool and that was bush league.

Go Pokes!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:Our most respected rival? Maybe once upon a time. I'm more proud of DC for standing up for complete unsportsmanlike behavior than Glenn throwing out the bird while getting trounced 50-0. I stood behind both, but think DC's is more honorable becase Calhoun is a tool and that was bush league.

Go Pokes!!
Yep, seems a lot of outside fans agree too. Calhoun was obviously being a douche....you could argue CDC was doing the same, but at least he had cause. What was Glenn's cause? Getting his ass kicked? Can't play on the field so you try and be a tough guy off it? That was more embarrassing than anything else. I'm not condoning CDC's actions, but he was right was he not? That was shady ethics, and from AFA at that. Minus his rant by 15 f-word, and nobody would have talked about CDC going nuts.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Not to mention Calhoun just smiled and stayed in DC's face just egging on more. That's why you had one person between them and another to push Calhoun the opposite direction.And everyone said DC refused to shake his hand, but he shook his hand at the very beginning. If I was DC in this situation, I would have been hot too. And if I don't say something to the coach, I know I'll vent to the media... And thats not good.

Seattle. I wasn't initially calling you a bandwagon fan. I was just taking all the negativity and putting it together. My apologies.
I like how we can be so civil on here.

Yes, I guess I might be "pumping shunshine" I just think that barring the injuries we had early, the outcome would be a far cry different. Everyone's attitude changes when nothing goes right. DC's has too. Anyone of us would be feeling it.
All I was trying to say is this season isn't over and we have a chance to redeem it. With everything we've gone through the first half of the season, I would love to see a strong second half finish. As of right now 6-6/5-7 would be alright in my book. Because it would show what this team is made of, that they don't quit. And it would definitely get me excited for next year.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Contract extension says he stays at least for next year and probably another after that.
UW has cause to terminate.

It won't happen so stop already. You people are hopeless. Besides, you have no arguments. At least I have numbers and records and history to back up my point. All you people have is the snotty emotion on your sleeve.
I bet that if we manage to get 8 or 9 wins next year almost every single one of you complainers will be on the DC bandwagon again...
Doubt we'll ever know.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

why is it the even years are horrible and odd years are ok, don't get that
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

WyoAlum1987 wrote:When Joe Glenn flipped off Utah, I thought it was funny. I admit it. I'm a low life. But I REALLY dislike Utah, and they were being jerks. So...it was pretty easy to forgive Glenn. Besides, Glenn was a great guy to the fan base. He was here to win games AND make friends-didnt believe the two were mutually exclusive.
When everyone was down on Glenn, and were running him out of town, I was on these boards "pumping sunshine" and advocating patience to no avail. I understand the impulse to hold steady, to stick with our guy through thick or thin...but this looks like more of a death spiral to me than we were in with Glenn.
Now DC is in his 4th year. He has four recruiting classes. The entire team is the fruit of his own efforts. It is overmatched in almost every respect.HIs W/l % is wose than Glenns...

now -he chooses our most respected rival(Air Force) as the target of his tirade on Armed Forces Day of all days. This isnt Joe Glenn flipping of the dam Utes-this is crazy, and its ugly. Christensen never wanted to be friends-just win games. He hasnt won any games, and hes got damn few friends-around the state or on his own bench. He has no one but himself to blame...

I was at that game living in SLC, man the media blew that one outta the water out there big time..lol