The face of Pokes football: DAVE CHRISTENSEN

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote:If this team wins out this year DC will have an identical winning percentage to Joe Tiller's first four years. Do I think we can win out? Not really but it is possible. I do believe good things will happen next year though.
No. I was wrong. My mind automatically went to CSU. Sorry. But, don't worry, I'll have some numbers for you all to chew on, since everyone seems to forget the past...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

No. I was wrong. My mind automatically went to CSU. Sorry. But, don't worry, I'll have some numbers for you all to chew on, since everyone seems to forget the past...
Don't get me wrong I actually agree with you. Things have been way worse at UW, it sucks that we are losing right now but I believe things could turn around. We are a bit snake bitten this year. The fact is that DC has been the closest coach to winning a MW championship since Tiller in 96, and people want to start from scratch. We were close to beating TCU last year and that would have given us a share of the title, and I think the TCU and BSU teams from last year were as strong (or stronger) than most of the years that BYU & Utah were in the league.

My point is I am not gonna throw a team and coach under the bus for a bunch of one score losses. I know the only thing the coutns is wins and losses, but I believe we could be kicking ourselves if Dave ends up having a magical year next year with a healthy team. So I am going to wait at least another year before I start bitching and emailing Tom B. on how we suck.
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

Danmully wrote:not to beat the point anymore but....

DC's worse losses

63-19 utah state
37-15 temple
24-22 cal poly
42-16 unlv
45-0 #5 tcu
52-0 #25 byu
24-0 colorado

Glenn's look about the same. the conference is now much poop than it was 3 years ago. hopefully we start winning some games.
DON'T FORGET DC LOST TO NEW MEXICO..... YEP 0-11 NEW MEXICO BEAT US..... UNFORGIVEABLE.... AS IS UNLV, CAL POLY, ETC...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

I can see why coaches want to leave UW after they have a good season. We almost won the conference last year and the coach gets no slack for having some rotten luck. I looked back at 96' and there was many games would could of lost. We didn't. That team could have easily been 1-3 to start the season.

Talk of firing the coach when his first recruiting class on short notice are seniors is ridiculous. His second class are only juniors. Next year will be really telling and we'll know how well he is really doing because his 2nd and 3rd recruiting classes will be upperclassmen. If we don't have a good team next year, the seat will definitely be hot. And 2014 could be his last if that one isn't great.
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:I can see why coaches want to leave UW after they have a good season. We almost won the conference last year and the coach gets no slack for having some rotten luck. I looked back at 96' and there was many games would could of lost. We didn't. That team could have easily been 1-3 to start the season.

Talk of firing the coach when his first recruiting class on short notice are seniors is ridiculous. His second class are only juniors. Next year will be really telling and we'll know how well he is really doing because his 2nd and 3rd recruiting classes will be upperclassmen. If we don't have a good team next year, the seat will definitely be hot. And 2014 could be his last if that one isn't great.
Thanks. I don't understand the hate some so-called fans have toward our coach. Some bring up his salary...who the hell cares what the guy makes. It's the cost of trying to produce a solid football program. I guess some people can't look past the record (it is what it is and it sucks) to see that there is more to the story. And that is we are close to being very competitive.....a healthy QB would have shown that.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

You lose to an FCS school, you should be fired on the spot. He lost me after Cal-Poly. In UW's darkest days, that never happened. I don't care if they go on to win the FCS national championship. If you can't recruit a solid enough team to beat an FCS school without your starting quarterback, then you should be flipping burgers, not coaching Division I football.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I can see why coaches want to leave UW after they have a good season. We almost won the conference last year and the coach gets no slack for having some rotten luck. I looked back at 96' and there was many games would could of lost. We didn't. That team could have easily been 1-3 to start the season.

Thanks. I don't understand the hate some so-called fans have toward our coach. Some bring up his salary...who the hell cares what the guy makes. It's the cost of trying to produce a solid football program. I guess some people can't look past the record (it is what it is and it sucks) to see that there is more to the story. And that is we are close to being very competitive.....a healthy QB would have shown that.
Trying....and failing miserably.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

SDPokeFan wrote:You lose to an FCS school, you should be fired on the spot. He lost me after Cal-Poly. In UW's darkest days, that never happened. I don't care if they go on to win the FCS national championship. If you can't recruit a solid enough team to beat an FCS school without your starting quarterback, then you should be flipping burgers, not coaching Division I football.
You sound like an asshole and based on your posts, you sound like Wyoming fishing but your hard on is for DC
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:You lose to an FCS school, you should be fired on the spot. He lost me after Cal-Poly. In UW's darkest days, that never happened. I don't care if they go on to win the FCS national championship. If you can't recruit a solid enough team to beat an FCS school without your starting quarterback, then you should be flipping burgers, not coaching Division I football.
You sound like an asshole and based on your posts, you sound like Wyoming fishing but your hard on is for DC
Nope. I just don't come on here and say how great a 1-5 team is. it's called reality. Sorry I'm not a DC sycophant like some on here.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
Nope. I just don't come on here and say how great a 1-5 team is. it's called reality. Sorry I'm not a DC sycophant like some on here.
I wish we could theoretically see you run an athletic department. It would be pretty funny how miserable the programs would be.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Do you know how many FCS teams beat FBS teams every year? The # grows every year... the gap is closing between top FCS teams and mid-low FBS teams..
ImageImageImageImage