Star-Tribune Editorial

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Some of you DC Kool-Aid drinkers should read this.

http://trib.com/opinion/editorial/much- ... 633b4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Sounds like a bunch of the people on the message board. We get it, the season isn't going well at all. Yes, HCDC made himself look like an ass by lighting into Calhoun after the game, but all this talk of firing him is getting old. Stick with your guns and make the best of it.

For all of you knee-jerkers that want him gone, how are we going to pay off that big contract he just signed?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Get a $5 donation from everyone that thinks he is a poop coach. That will raise enough to cover the national debt.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:Get a $5 donation from everyone that thinks he is a poop coach. That will raise enough to cover the national debt.
That would be about 3,200,000,000 people. I didn't know we had that big of a fan base. :shock:
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

We are in the middle of the season. Why is the fan base trying to make this so much worse? We still have the possibility of finishing 7-5. Who knows. These sorts of discussions really should happen in the off season. Bitching, moaning, and throwing tissy fits about the coach is no better than what the coach did after the air force game and its certainly not helping anyone - including the football program.

I want to see this program succeed. I don't care who is leading it. Right now its Christensen and he has my support. The team has my full support. Talk to me in the off season when we know what our final record is. Go Pokes!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The losses are frustrating (especially after being screwed one way or another), but I'll stick with DC as well. Yeah, we're 1-5, which really blows, not denying that. However, there is marked improvement in most aspects of the team (secondary is a head scratcher though, considering it's probably our most experienced group). With the last few coaches, by this time, would have been blown out in every single loss after losing the first couple of games. Under DC, they still show a lot of fight and heart in every game. And that comes down from the coaches. And DC proved that he's not someone who backs down (though admittedly, it could have been in a better fashion than blowing up on national TV).
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:secondary is a head scratcher though, considering it's probably our most experienced group
Chris Tormey is also our secondary coach this year, FWIW. I have not been impressed with him at all this season.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

wyobrandon wrote:We are in the middle of the season. Why is the fan base trying to make this so much worse? We still have the possibility of finishing 7-5. Who knows. These sorts of discussions really should happen in the off season. Bitching, moaning, and throwing tissy fits about the coach is no better than what the coach did after the air force game and its certainly not helping anyone - including the football program.

I want to see this program succeed. I don't care who is leading it. Right now its Christensen and he has my support. The team has my full support. Talk to me in the off season when we know what our final record is. Go Pokes!

Exactly. I prefer to wait till the season is over and I can take a step back before I decide my thoughts on a coach. Unless it has become obvious that the team has bailed on the coach and rolled over. This team clearly hasn't yet and that is a credit to the coaching staff We have been in every game and just need something to click to get over the hump. I think if that happens and we can pick up a win it might start something rolling. Will we go 7-5? unlikely, but I think it has a better chance of happening with this team than any of the previous terrible teams we watched under glenn and koenig.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

the problem is that we've all signed up for what we thought was a promising season and bought in to it. Football is a game that takes funny bounces, and with all the strange things that have happened we could have been 5-1 just as easy as our 1-5 showing. Next thing is on DC, like any coach, he's going to have issues/problems and things that are going to be difficult. I just want him to be a bit more personable towards the fans and know that we expect alot(maybe a little too much at times) but we don't need robots all the time.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

wyobrandon wrote:We are in the middle of the season. Why is the fan base trying to make this so much worse? We still have the possibility of finishing 7-5. Who knows. These sorts of discussions really should happen in the off season. Bitching, moaning, and throwing tissy fits about the coach is no better than what the coach did after the air force game and its certainly not helping anyone - including the football program.

Would you like to place a $1,000 wager we don't?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

zappinpoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:Get a $5 donation from everyone that thinks he is a poop coach. That will raise enough to cover the national debt.
That would be about 3,200,000,000 people. I didn't know we had that big of a fan base. :shock:
time to expand the war i guess
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:

Would you like to place a $1,000 wager we don't?
Not particularly. I'm not into sports gambling (or any gambling for that matter). I work too damn hard to just throw it away.There isn't a Pro or College team I would take this bet on.

Go Pokes!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

SDPokeFan wrote:Some of you DC Kool-Aid drinkers should read this.

http://trib.com/opinion/editorial/much- ... 633b4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This editorial has an odd odor to it. A Fort Collins flair...almost bad enough to cling to the sinus walls. Like those f-word douchers in Casper are still bent about not getting a 4 year or something. Good for them though...they are boosting their traffic / sales. Point CST.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Just read that editorial. WOW what a poop read. What dummy wrote this best seller?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cuttslam wrote:Just read that editorial. WOW what a poop read. What dummy wrote this best seller?
wyofishing or SDPokeFan?
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I subscribe to the CST and I'm surprised this editorial was actually published -- not that the newspaper is not well within its right to opine with whatever they wish to, but my surprise is that this should have been a story generated by a columnist in their staff - and not an editorial.

Is this an easy way for Ben Fredrickson to steer clear of the resulting fallout (whatever it may be) by having the paper itself publish the opinion, instead of the writer/columnist paid to cover the team?

By not attaching a name to the piece -- it's a cowardly way to approach the UW football situation and the Dave Christensen angle in my opinion.

Columnists are PAID to have opinions...I for all intents and purposes am an on-air electronic columnist, and I put my name on any and everything that happens on my nationally broadcast shows -- why could someone from the CST not have put their name on this piece?

Lastly, although I hardly consider myself to be a kool-aid drinker of anyone or anything, I believe the editorial is whiny and almost juvenile in style.

It seems to be tinged with a personal flavor directed at Christensen and it takes steps towards making anyone reading the piece believe that they are running a renegade program in Larmaie -- which is obviously rubbish.

It's been a frustrating season for the Pokes on all levels, players, coaches, administrators, fans, etc.

So our coach blew a gasket in the midst of a frustrating season...is this an unprecedented act in college football? Hardly.

The season to date has tested all of our patience -- but we are a Wyoming family through and through, and we'll come out on the other side of this season's adversity hopefully better off not only next year -- but starting with this weekend's game against Fresno State.

Christensen still has my support and I'll be rooting for him to be our coach for a very long time.

Go Pokes!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I subscribe to the CST and I'm surprised this editorial was actually published -- not that the newspaper is not well within its right to opine with whatever they wish to, but my surprise is that this should have been a story generated by a columnist on their staff - and not an editorial.

Is this an easy way for Ben Fredrickson to steer clear of the resulting fallout (whatever it may be) by having the paper itself publish the opinion, instead of the writer/columnist paid to cover the team?

By not attaching a name to the piece -- it's a cowardly way to approach the UW football situation and the Dave Christensen angle in my opinion.

Columnists are PAID to have opinions...I for all intents and purposes am an on-air electronic columnist, and I put my name on any and everything that happens on my nationally broadcast shows -- why could someone from the CST not have put their name on this piece?

Lastly, although I hardly consider myself to be a kool-aid drinker of anyone or anything, I believe the editorial is whiny and almost juvenile in style.

It seems to be tinged with a personal flavor directed at Christensen and it takes steps towards making anyone reading the piece believe that they are running a renegade program in Larmaie -- which is obviously rubbish.

It's been a frustrating season for the Pokes on all levels, players, coaches, administrators, fans, etc.

So our coach blew a gasket in the midst of a frustrating season...is this an unprecedented act in college football? Hardly.

The season to date has tested all of our patience -- but we are a Wyoming family through and through, and we'll come out on the other side of this season's adversity hopefully better off not only next year -- but starting with this weekend's game against Fresno State.

Christensen still has my support and I'll be rooting for him to be our coach for a very long time.

Go Pokes!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:By not attaching a name to the piece -- it's a cowardly way to approach the UW football situation and the Dave Christensen angle in my opinion.
This. Not putting your name on a critical piece is a cop out. If you're going to write about the team, positively or negatively, own up to your work.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 251 times

WYO1016 wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:By not attaching a name to the piece -- it's a cowardly way to approach the UW football situation and the Dave Christensen angle in my opinion.
This. Not putting your name on a critical piece is a cop out. If you're going to write about the team, positively or negatively, own up to your work.
I agree on the cop out. However, DC completely shuts off access to anyone that publishes a negative opinion of him.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
I agree on the cop out. However, DC completely shuts off access to anyone that publishes a negative opinion of him.
With a chicken poop move like this he may shut the whole paper out, not just one writer.