The Bottom 10

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

The Pokes aren't on it, neither is UNLV but guess who is...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -bottom-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Its amazing how despite this horrific start for UW, most would agree they'll still stomp all over CSU. That team is just pitiful.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

we'd probably beat Arkansas as well..lol
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I hate Arkansas. Got their SEC commercial with Frank Broyles down here now. I haven't had time to watch it yet but North Texas lost by only 14 to Kansas State. I read about them in their last game. It was an offensive nightmare for them. I'm so surprised another team isn't on that list because..........I just am.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Its amazing how despite this horrific start for UW, most would agree they'll still stomp all over CSU. That team is just pitiful.

something we finally agree with J-Rod!

We will destroy, and I mean DESTROY the sheeps
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I love the new expectation of our team. No bowl bid. No mwc title. Just NOT be on the espn bottom ten.

Go tormey.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

djm19 wrote:I love the new expectation of our team. No bowl bid. No mwc title. Just NOT be on the espn bottom ten.

Go tormey.
What!? My expectations are as follows:
An offense that shreds defenses, rushing and throwing. Comparable to the 1996 offense, and to some degree, this year's offense (though the o-line is not on par).
A smashmouth defense that punishes offenses, similar to the 2006 defense, or even better, the 1966-1967 defenses that stonewalled offenses game after game. A defense that would scare offensive backfields by getting to the QB and RBs, hitting hard and dragging them down (cleanly, that is).
And special teams that when punting, pins opponents between the 20 and EZ, at the least. A kicker who gets TBs and can nail a 50, or even a 60 yard FG. And coverage units that will swarm the ball carrier and blow past blockers to birng them down, and blockers that plow a way for the returner to make a huge return for the offense.

That is what my expectations are for each game. We obviously have some work to do though.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:I love the new expectation of our team. No bowl bid. No mwc title. Just NOT be on the espn bottom ten.

Go tormey.
Baby steps...
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

I have to admit this team for the past 2 years have shown what we will be seeing over the next several years.. I can remember during the Glenn era we were asking for an offense to score at least 2 TD's. Remember that!!!!! If you watch the D they are having a tough time getting off blocks, even the LB... I hope they can work on this for the next week....
Our D is as big as any in the league we just need to get them freed up a little and they will be fine..

GO POKES
Steve
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:

Go tormey.
An offense that shreds defenses, rushing and throwing. Comparable to the 1996 offense, and to some degree, this year's offense (though the o-line is not on par).
A smashmouth defense that punishes offenses, similar to the 2006 defense, or even better, the 1966-1967 defenses that stonewalled offenses game after game. A defense that would scare offensive backfields by getting to the QB and RBs, hitting hard and dragging them down (cleanly, that is).
And special teams that when punting, pins opponents between the 20 and EZ, at the least. A kicker who gets TBs and can nail a 50, or even a 60 yard FG. And coverage units that will swarm the ball carrier and blow past blockers to birng them down, and blockers that plow a way for the returner to make a huge return for the offense.

That is what my expectations are for each game. We obviously have some work to do though.
Not sure about 60 yard field goals. Seems like an awful lot to ask from a back up kicker.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Go tormey.

Not sure about 60 yard field goals. Seems like an awful lot to ask from a back up kicker.
Fine, 59.9 yard FGs from the backup. :p
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Go tormey.

lol.....i'm just picturing the ball clearing the crossbar by 1.5"
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
cowboyz
Cowpoke

wyosteelerfan wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Go tormey.

lol.....i'm just picturing the ball clearing the crossbar by 1.5"
He's not the back up any longer! Did you catch David Akers longest FG tying kick a couple weeks ago? If hit the crossbar and bounced through.