The Thread Of Shame

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Did Chris Long make the plane??? I have only heard his name a couple times..

GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Devin Moore WORLD CLASS SPEED!!!!! hahahahah

GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Devin Moore ------ WORLD CLASS SPEED !!!!

GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Oops.. felt so ggod I had to post twice.. my bad..

GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I am warming the oven for the crow... How do you want it served? :)

GO POKES!!
HooHa
Buckaroo

OK, I'm going to get this over with.

I will take a moderate portion of crow please, as I've been an infrequent poster and did predict a close Virginia win, and said I wouldn't be surprised at a close loss.

23-3 now with 2:48 to go. I honestly didn't think we'd be WORSE than last year - slower, more out of sync, and getting beat in the trenches.

On the other hand, you guys have played a great game. Much sharper and faster than us, and I have been surprised at how well your young lines are playing. I think you guys are going to have a nice season. On the other hand, don't get overconfident. I don't think you'll play a team as bad as us all year. Good luck. I'll be rooting for you guys, believe it or not.

One friendly piece of advice. Thought I might have detected some real anger from posters on this forum. This is supposed to be fun. If you're going to react badly to the posts on a smack talk board, I'd say stay off. Life is too short.

OK, that's all. I guess it would be worse if I were a Wolverine. poop. Is it basketball season yet?
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

HooHa wrote:OK, I'm going to get this over with.

I will take a moderate portion of crow please, as I've been an infrequent poster and did predict a close Virginia win, and said I wouldn't be surprised at a close loss.

23-3 now with 2:48 to go. I honestly didn't think we'd be WORSE than last year - slower, more out of sync, and getting beat in the trenches.

On the other hand, you guys have played a great game. Much sharper and faster than us, and I have been surprised at how well your young lines are playing. I think you guys are going to have a nice season. On the other hand, don't get overconfident. I don't think you'll play a team as bad as us all year. Good luck. I'll be rooting for you guys, believe it or not.

One friendly piece of advice. Thought I might have detected some real anger from posters on this forum. This is supposed to be fun. If you're going to react badly to the posts on a smack talk board, I'd say stay off. Life is too short.

OK, that's all. I guess it would be worse if I were a Wolverine. poop. Is it basketball season yet?

Nice post, I appreciate it. I hope you didn't see me as an angry poster. It is all good. I am gald you at least gave us some credit for the win. I was most suprised by the O -line for WYO. They might all have a good future for us. Long was a non-factor, except for a sack. By the way, we will play far worse teams this year, Utah State and Ohio for example. Anyway, I will root for you all as well, it will make us look better if you guys can do well. Thanks for playing... At least you all came to Laramie, a feat that Syracuse would not do. :)

GO POKES!!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

I am a man of my word, here I am, A1 sauce medium well please.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:I am a man of my word, here I am, A1 sauce medium well please.

Good to see you here. At least you held your end of the deal... Good luck the rest of the year.

GO POKES!!
gowyoBT
Buckaroo

i wish i was at the buckhorn right now.... damn.

WYO 23 UVA 3 end of story.

go pokes!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

gowyoBT wrote:i wish i was at the buckhorn right now.... damn.

WYO 23 UVA 3 end of story.

go pokes!

No doubt sis. The Buckhorn Bar post game would be sweet right about now. Oh well, you are only like a 4 day drive from there, and I am about 32 hour drive.. It would be worth it..

GO POKES!!
HooHa
Buckaroo

One other thing about your team compared with ours.

MUCH BETTER COACHED.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

HooHa wrote:One other thing about your team compared with ours.

MUCH BETTER COACHED.
Who calls your offensive plays, Al or the O coordinator? Whoever it is, needs to re-evaluate their career choice... You have to give our D credit put WOW, their were some interesting 3rd down play calls. I especially liked the 3rd and forever call to run the option to the weak side that went nowhere. It was like they were scared to go for anything. I only remember like 2 passes past 15 yards. GO POKES!!

GO POKES!!
gowyoBT
Buckaroo

hey bro-
i'm headed to the Wyoming bar in town to celebrate!! no, it's not the buckhorn, but it'll do.
keep on keeping on!
bring on U TARD state!!!!!!!!!

go pokes.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Alright, UVA fans. Stop by my tailgate.. we're serving fresh crow (with A-1!) and beer. But seriously, thanks for being men about this. Great game, hope you enjoyed Laramie.. other than the beating.
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Hoosgonnabeatwyo,
I'm not here to rub it in, cuz I already talked enough smack..
But in your honest opinion, how did our backers look today??
Also, do you believe me now when I told you how fast D-Mo is? I mean, he was making ur secondary look like highschoolers with his speed at times.
I know you guys are throwing your coach under the bus already, but I do wish you guys the best of luck and thankyou for at least bringing your team up here.. Your boys were looking pretty tired from the elevation. I'm glad you guys didn't go ''Syracuse'' on us. Do stick around, cuz I dont hate you, man.
Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

Gotta hand it to the Hoos, at least you guys came back and took your humble pie...

I knew the Pokes would win...I just didn't believe it would be a blow out...it could have been worse. Damn you Pokes looked good! Sween and of course, my boy Devon!

Like I said before Hoos, the altitude really does make a difference.

PS...We sucked today too, but managed a win!.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I am putting out an APB on UVABy20. He has gone MIA completely. BIg shock. In all seriuousness, I am SO proud of our Pokes. I hope any UVA fans that made the trip to Laramie had a great experience, other than the game obviously. I also give big UPS to our fans, wish I could have been there, it is HUGE for us to start with a sellout. Keep it up poke fans. GO WYO!!!!

UWBy20!!!!!!!

GO POKES!!
HooHa
Buckaroo

tttgowyo wrote:Who calls your offensive plays, Al or the O coordinator?
Most plays are called by offensive coordinator Mike Groh, who took over last year, when our offense really took off. Hmm, why does that last name sound familiar?
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

The only person I want to see come back and admit he was wrong is UVABy20. I mean seriously...he makes all UVA fans look bad.

I'm going to post this on the UVA board as well but...good luck with your season, you guys should pick up two wins here pretty quick and clean up some pretty sloppy offensive play. Duke and NC should be controlled scrimmages, with Butch Davis at the helm in NC it could be tough...but I think you guys will pull it out.

I hope to see you guys mix in the true freshman at QB a little bit more in the season. If Sewell plays like he did this game all year then he has no business being in at all. Sure he's quick but his reads are slow, his passes are off and he looks to check down WAY too much.

If your O starts to click then you guys are going to be great. The D got hung out to dry against a WYO offense that was running pretty well.