Score predictions for Tenn game...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

I think it will be not good for the pokes... 38 - 13 Tennessee. They want it for Fulmer.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Even though Wyoming played a beat up SDSU, they start on a roll. The Vols are already down and out and wont be able to "win one for the gipper" and Wyoming sneaks out with a win. Wyo 31--Vols 17.
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

smooth - lol, your on crack! :lol:
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

7220Fan wrote:smooth - lol, your on crack! :lol:

LOL...no, I just think that the Vols suck. They are bad right now and demoralized. Hell, we have seen a good Wyo team unravel just like Tennessee is doing now. It can happen to any team. And there is a big disconnect between the coach and the team. The team is feeling abandoned right now and lost. Mark my words...AND, D-Mo and Seldon have another big day....200+ yards rushing and our QB (whom ever it is) will throw for another 200+ yards....Our D will dominate!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

UT 41 UW 13
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Wyoming 28 - Tennessee 24
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Tenn probably has second best defense we have seen this year, we will not score much on offense, a turnover for TD would be nice, special teams TD would help us as well. If we are to win I think it will be a low scoring game. I think we have to hold them under 20 to have a chance. I going for UW 14, Tenn 12.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Smooth - first, I would love to see your prediction come true but... Tennessee is not SDSU. Just because we killed SDSU, who by the way is the worst team in college football, did not make us well from the previous beatings that we have taken. Tenn is a whole different ballgame. Speed, depth, crowd, etc... and I disagree about the players and coaches. Those are Fulmer's guys and they will break their necks trying to win for him the rest of the season. I disagree with you on that.

They have lost to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina. There is a little bit of difference in competition from Bowling Green, Air Force, and New Mexico. Like I said, I would love to see it happen but reality says there is no way. If you think Wyo is really gonna win, you should sell everything you own and put it on Wyo cause you will have a 24 point cushion.
WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

Nothing would make me happier than a Poke win, but I just don't see it as a real possibility.

Tenn 38
Wyo 10
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Wyo 10 - Tennessee 7
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 62 times

The only way we beat Tennessee is if we hold them under 7 points. I don't see it happening. 31-7 Vols
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

No matter how bad a season Tenn is having, they just have too much talent I think. Add the fact that we are still offensively retarded, and I think its going to be Tenn 35 Wyo 7.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

Tennessee 31 - Wyoming 3

A team as bad as Wyoming has been this season, doesn't just walk into a hostile environment, in the "toughest" conference in America, during their homecoming game, and get anywhere near a W. This one is going to be ugly, early and often.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Tennessee 41 Wyoming 7. I am glad that people have faith in the Cowboys, but some of you need to drop the Brown and Gold glasses. There is no way our offense will do much at all against the speed of TN defense. They will load the box and D-Mo will not get his 100 yard game. You can't even compare SDSU and TN. While of course I hope the Cowboys make a strong showing, I am predicting less than 150 yards of total offense and at least 3 turnovers for us. If the offense can somehow find a way to protect the ball, then I think the score could be closer to something like 28-7.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

After looking at the numbers for all the games the Vols and the Pokes have played, and looked at the rankings of each of our opponents offensive and defensive statistics for the year so far, I have come to the conclusion that this is a very winnable game for us. Northern Illinois had them on the ropes in Knoxville by playing good run defense. This is the key...shut down the Vols running game and you essentially shut down their offense. In all the games that they have played, this has been the case. That...and holding onto the ball. Now, I am not saying that doing this alone will guarantee us the win. I'm just saying that these are keys to keeping us in the game. What I worry about is what our offense will be able to do against their defense. The Vols have the #11 ranked defense in the country, giving up an average of 105yds rushing and 171yds passing per game. Everyone that remotely follows college football knows where our offense lies (ranked #36 in rush offense). This game is going to come down to who can run the ball...plain and simple.

So...after all of the number crunching, I have come to the conclusion that this will be a low scoring game. If DMo rushes for over 100yds with Wynel getting another 70, we win 17-10 (with no fumbles). If the Vol D steps up and shuts our total run production down to below 100yds, we lose 13-3. If we turnover the ball (pick-6, fumble returns....) or allow a special teams TD, we lose by the spread.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Tennessee was ranked, pre-season, as high as 12th by one publication. So there is talent on the team. Apparently, like Wyoming, the coaching staff is a failure. One failing coaching staff pitted against another failing coaching staff. Good athletes against mediocre athletes. Home team against a visiting team. Advantage Tennessee by the quoted spread.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Vols 54 Wyo 17

I see this as a total blow out and our SDSU win is distant memory as we reminded we are only second from the bottom of the conference.
Go Pokes!
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

The Vols don't have an offense either 3-0 Wyo
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Tenn. 35 Wyo 10
I'm good for 3!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

PokeTransplant wrote:After looking at the numbers for all the games the Vols and the Pokes have played, and looked at the rankings of each of our opponents offensive and defensive statistics for the year so far, I have come to the conclusion that this is a very winnable game for us. Northern Illinois had them on the ropes in Knoxville by playing good run defense. This is the key...shut down the Vols running game and you essentially shut down their offense. In all the games that they have played, this has been the case. That...and holding onto the ball. Now, I am not saying that doing this alone will guarantee us the win. I'm just saying that these are keys to keeping us in the game. What I worry about is what our offense will be able to do against their defense. The Vols have the #11 ranked defense in the country, giving up an average of 105yds rushing and 171yds passing per game. Everyone that remotely follows college football knows where our offense lies (ranked #36 in rush offense). This game is going to come down to who can run the ball...plain and simple.

So...after all of the number crunching, I have come to the conclusion that this will be a low scoring game. If DMo rushes for over 100yds with Wynel getting another 70, we win 17-10 (with no fumbles). If the Vol D steps up and shuts our total run production down to below 100yds, we lose 13-3. If we turnover the ball (pick-6, fumble returns....) or allow a special teams TD, we lose by the spread.
:D