Spring Practice Visitor

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

Think we can get him

Yes
60%
No
No votes
Would love to have him, but we will probably blow it
40%

Total votes: 5
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

Per an Internet search a kid from Ohio has Confirmed a Spring Practice visit with the Cowboys! All conference honored Junior Connor Matlock DT out of Vandalia,Ohio who is strong and fast (4.9 40time)! A long trip just to watch a prctice?! In my opinion looks like we may land another D-Lineman this time from an Ohio Recruiting Mill School! This kid played along side National Top Rrcruit Taylor Decker who just committed to Ohio St after Decommitting from Notre Dame, and Huge Miles Eaton who committed with Ball State!

Here is the Information I found from a Google Search:

Video(best video may require a silver fox download..safe and quick): http://www.hudl.com/athlete/217425/connor-matlock

Scouting Ohio(check out his top intetest schools): http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/v ... &user=7533

Stats: http://gwocsports.com/fbPlayerStats.aspx?player=166422

Also found some things online about Kansas forum talking about him. But what do you guys think? Style of player? And most importantly....think we can get him in some Cowboy Gear??
“I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault.”-Jack Tatum
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

According to the Scouting Ohio site, he is a 2013 grad.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

Yeai put he is a Junior...never to early to start wooing them...im guessing he would be locked up by start of his SR season...whatd you think of his play?i saw some great speed and he looks intense IMO
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

WYCowboy wrote:According to the Scouting Ohio site, he is a 2013 grad.
Juniors are typically invited to spring games.. kind of the beginning of the recruiting process.
ImageImageImageImage
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:According to the Scouting Ohio site, he is a 2013 grad.
Juniors are typically invited to spring games.. kind of the beginning of the recruiting process.
And its a good sign that he accepted their offer to attend
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

Is this kid allowed to verbal at this visit?? I know he isnt allowed to sign til like jan/feb 2013
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WyomingFTball1995 wrote:Is this kid allowed to verbal at this visit?? I know he isnt allowed to sign til like jan/feb 2013
He should be able to. A recruit can verbally commit anytime he wants to any school he wants. In past years there have been younger kids that committed such as a Connecticutt freshman QB that committed to USC a few years ago. I even remember hearing a story of a 3rd grade basketball player "committing" to Arkansas (maybe 10 years ago). Granted to actually play for a school the coaching staff has to agree as well, but unless their is some type of rule that prevents a junior from committing on a campus visit (which I doubt), we could see a commitment at anytime from him.
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

WestWYOPoke wrote:
WyomingFTball1995 wrote:Is this kid allowed to verbal at this visit?? I know he isnt allowed to sign til like jan/feb 2013
He should be able to. A recruit can verbally commit anytime he wants to any school he wants. In past years there have been younger kids that committed such as a Connecticutt freshman QB that committed to USC a few years ago. I even remember hearing a story of a 3rd grade basketball player "committing" to Arkansas (maybe 10 years ago). Granted to actually play for a school the coaching staff has to agree as well, but unless their is some type of rule that prevents a junior from committing on a campus visit (which I doubt), we could see a commitment at anytime from him.
Awesome! Did you check him out? Kid has got some speed and strength which would help us HUGE against the run(Temple game comes to mind).....and I hope one of those midwest schools dont get him...but like I said, its a long way to come on an unofficial visit for a sighseeing trip, good sign I say....hope he locks in
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 155 times

early commits don't pan out too often. it is a good sign he's coming to visit. I like the way he plays and would be great on our squad. Waiting a month for a kid to sign is long enough, but waiting a whole year for him to sign would be painful. Every offer he gets, etc. we would be wondering if this is the one that takes him. Who knows though, maybe someone on the staff has a connection to him and his family or someone in the family has a connection to UW. We just want the best we can.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingFTball1995
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote:early commits don't pan out too often. it is a good sign he's coming to visit. I like the way he plays and would be great on our squad. Waiting a month for a kid to sign is long enough, but waiting a whole year for him to sign would be painful. Every offer he gets, etc. we would be wondering if this is the one that takes him. Who knows though, maybe someone on the staff has a connection to him and his family or someone in the family has a connection to UW. We just want the best we can.
Well Put! I guess it would drive us nuts checking on our recruits for a year!

And I wouldnt be surprised if the Rams offer just to do it, because its just their style!

Go Cowboys!