Here's the thing...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

After watching TCU dismantle the evil empire of the name BYU, I began to think about the disparity in talent between us and the Froggies. What does TCU have to offer, or for that matter, anyone else in the conference (BYU is the exception) have to offer hot shot HS football players that don't go to Texas, LSU, Floridas of the football world. They can't offer them realistic shot at a national championship. They can't promise them preferred NFL scout exposure. So, what is the biggest difference between us and the other teams in this conference (excluding BYU, once again)? I believe it comes down to tradition. Remember, that these kids that are being recruited by the conference know Jack about the Cowboy heydays. They see what the Cowboys have been the past 5-6 years at best. I honestly think it all comes down to finding the right coach with the insight to see what he has to work with and use what he has for the best possible opportunities for success (see Air Force) instead of trying to force a gameplan without the appropriate pieces in place. For crying out loud, if something isn't working one week, why in the hell would you keep beating on it? :dead:

I have to say...even though TCU is light years ahead of us as far as talent, they got there by good coaching...plain and simple.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Even though they're out of place geographically, they bring a lot to the football table. But I suspect w/ the cost of travel it'll be no time before they're in the Big 12 or C-USA.
ImageImageImageImage
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

I really hope not. The addition of TCU was the single best decision the MWC has made since its inception. Hopefully, the bias of the pollsters won't outweigh TCU's achievement tonight. They have a hell of a team, and if they pull the same against Utah, they should still get a BCS game.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

I'm pulling for a Fresno St./Boise St. addition personally.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

MrTitleist wrote:Even though they're out of place geographically, they bring a lot to the football table. But I suspect w/ the cost of travel it'll be no time before they're in the Big 12 or C-USA.

TCU WAS in Conference USA from 2001-04 before they joined the MWC.

Personally, I'd go for a Boise/Fresno/Hawaii addition to the MWC!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:I'm pulling for a Fresno St./Boise St. addition personally.
We'd love to have the $$$ but the WAC ain't sending a team to a BCS game this season. Utah, TCU and Ball State have the best shot.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

uhwarrior23 wrote:
We'd love to have the $$$ but the WAC ain't sending a team to a BCS game this season. Utah, TCU and Ball State have the best shot.
Uh, warrior, I think he meant haveing both schools join the MWC.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Uh, warrior, I think he meant haveing both schools join the MWC.
Oh my bad. :oops: That makes sense.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

They've got:
*Nice Weather...no winter lol
*Large City
*Location close to home for many high-end texas recruits
*Recent Success for pro's (Ladanian Tomlinson-shown in more than 1 commercial wearing his TCU uni)
*Hotter Babes (not knocking on my UW ladies up here...but its texas, theres just more people)
*RECENT SUCCESS
*TOP 25 ASPIRATION=BCS HOPES they can let recruits eat up
(yes i saved the best for last 3 lol)

...oh and beating the Evil Empire on a national scale.. I would tell a kid if they had the choice of going to BYU/Utah/or TCU to go to TCU

I do however, hope we snag Ted Gilmore from Nebraska for our next HC..off tangent, i know
-But he's been here twice before when Marcus Harris was here he was a WR-Coach..
-He's been under Tiller in the good days
-He's been the Nebraska RECRUITING COORDINATOR since '03
-He's currently the ASSISTANT HEAD COACH at Nebraska and is the WR-Coach there...an offensive minded guy who has flourished in bringing to life Tiller's O
..Look I know some people, they tell me that Tiller and Roach are both going to help in the search for a new coach, considering Tiller is one of the best CJC members we STILL have donating
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Even though they're out of place geographically, they bring a lot to the football table. But I suspect w/ the cost of travel it'll be no time before they're in the Big 12 or C-USA.
They left C-USA to join the M-West and they are very satisfied with the move so I doubt they would go backward just to save a little cash on travel. There is no incentive whatsoever for the Big 12 to add them either so there is really no place else for them to go.

TCU, Utah, and BYpUke are the high water mark in this conference and our primary objective should be to recruit and play to a level that competes with those schools. Thank god we have TCU since no one else can knock off the teams behind the Zion curtain.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

GetRealMan wrote:Thank god we have TCU since no one else can knock off the teams behind the Zion curtain.
No such truer statement could be made...at least for this season.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

No way does TCU leave the MWC, on thier behalf, or anyone else's. They are not the second coming to everything football...they played well last night, yes, but that was one game, one night. They need the MWC just as much as the MWC needs them. Without football, which they have been good at, who is TCU again?
Dear Karma,

spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

I get the feeling that the posters on here are so anti-BYU that this argument will fall on deaf ears, but here goes anyways.

Anybody else think that TCU's win last night just cost the MWC millions of $$? BYU was the conference's best shot at making a BCS game, and bringing in all the money and exposure to the conference, but now, our only shot at a BCS berth is if Utah runs the table. With games remaining against both TCU and BYU, it will be tough for Utah to run the table, even with them having both games in Salt Lake. The BCS will not take a 1-loss MWC team for a BCS bowl, so, while TCU won a great game last night, they just did more damage to the conference than most people probably realize.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

spindoctor02 wrote:I get the feeling that the posters on here are so anti-BYU that this argument will fall on deaf ears, but here goes anyways.

Anybody else think that TCU's win last night just cost the MWC millions of $$? BYU was the conference's best shot at making a BCS game, and bringing in all the money and exposure to the conference, but now, our only shot at a BCS berth is if Utah runs the table. With games remaining against both TCU and BYU, it will be tough for Utah to run the table, even with them having both games in Salt Lake. The BCS will not take a 1-loss MWC team for a BCS bowl, so, while TCU won a great game last night, they just did more damage to the conference than most people probably realize.
When it comes to making a decison to pad the pockets of the conference and it's members (UW included) or a bWHYu loss, I choose a bWHYu loss every time. If Utah runs the table, I think that bWHYu should lay down for Utah though in that final game...LOL!

That being said, I think Utah had (and still has) every bit of chance to make BCS that bWHYu did...who did bWHYu beat this year, that made them so great in the polls...Washington? UCLA? Wyoming? And who did Utah beat that was comprable, if not better...Oregon State? Michigan? Wyoming? And then you have 1 loss TCU...who lost to quite possibly a top 5 team at season's end...Oklahoma.

That, and, I care more about Wyoming than the MWC & The Hair. Craig's Cougars have made me this bitter.
Dear Karma,

WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

I get a much greater sense of personal satisfaction when the Cougars get beat than I do when a member of the conference does something to represent the Mo West well. I just get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that BYU fans everywhere are suffering in extreme pain and agaony. I don't know, maybe I'm just a little bitter.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYO Bandit wrote:I get a much greater sense of personal satisfaction when the Cougars get beat than I do when a member of the conference does something to represent the Mo West well. I just get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that BYU fans everywhere are suffering in extreme pain and agaony. I don't know, maybe I'm just a little bitter.
HILARIOUS & TRUE!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dear Karma,

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Give me a BYU loss anyday!
I'm good for 3!