Wyoming facilities article,

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Interesting to see where the focus of the facilities campaign is going to be.....

http://www.uwyo.edu/uw/news/2012/01/imp ... ccess.html
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Isn't there an indoor golf range coming soon too?
ImageImageImageImage
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:Isn't there an indoor golf range coming soon too?
That's supposed to be happening right now. Anyone been by the club house lately?

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

I'm happy to see the Arena Auditorium getting some attention. As always when I'm there, I feel like it's very old and dated. I would love to see a possible hanging scoreboard or something. The Arena Auditorium is soo similar to the Huntsman Center in Utah and yet whenever I'm in there I don't get the same dated feeling. I've been very impressed with all the upgrades to the other campus facilities. I have a few class in the new Visual Arts building and it blows my mind how nice it is in there. I always feel more alive for those classes than ones in the Engineering Building. Some parts of it could use a definite overhaul. I hope Wyoming continues to pursue new facilities and keep getting the money to do so.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Also glad to see the AA getting some love. We went back for the first time in a few years for the New Mexico game, and while it's still a great facility it was obviously becoming dated.
wyopokes2 wrote:I would love to see a possible hanging scoreboard or something.
I agree. I remember some discussion about this when I was in school (late 90's- early 2000's) and hearing something about the structure of the AA not being able to handle a hanging scoreboard. I don't remember any details and am not a structural engineer, but wonder if anyone else has any insight?

It's good to see athletics getting some support from the state for facilities. some of these upgrades are long over-due.

GO POKES!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

You're right. The center hanging scoreboard is in the plan as well as the structural repairs to make it strong enough.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I am still not a fan of the significant downsize for the AA (10-12,000 max) that I understand is part of the plan. It says even more about what Schroyer did to the program if 15,000 seems unrealistically outsized for UW.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

The Double A is fine. Only thing I think it could use is more seats closer to the floor
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Aaron wrote:The Double A is fine. Only thing I think it could use is more seats closer to the floor
+1
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Downsizing the seating capacity seems incredibly short sighted to me. If it will sell out for the WNIT, it will sell out for men's BB too. All you need is a winning product on the floor. Shyatt seems like he is on the right path to producing one.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the Uni facing some significant budget cuts soon? I heard somewhere between 4 and 8 percent in the biennium? Plus, Natural Gas revenue has fallen significantly.

I expected more belt tightening over the next couple of years. Am I wrong?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I guess it's about time for Wyoming donors to kick in. The state is cutting back, although they do just enough to make it seem like they're trying.

National Champions 1943.

I do.