I come in peace...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:I just re-watched the Temple vs. Ohio game on espn 3 . Temples defense looked terrible.
You mean kinda like Wyoming's against Utah State?
Exactly like that , that's why i said it would be a shoot out. :thumb: Wyoming's defense is terrible but Temples defense isn't near as good as some like to think it is.

Temple played a bunch of offensively challenged teams to skew the stats. The teams that had decent offenses put up points and yards on Temples defense.

Temples defense is better than Wyoming's . A lot of people think this is going to be a low scoring game but I disagree, I think it is a shootout. Lots of points will be put up.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Exactly like that , that's why i said it would be a shoot out. :thumb: Wyoming's defense is terrible but Temples defense isn't near as good as some like to think it is.

Temple played a bunch of offensively challenged teams to skew the stats. The teams that had decent offenses put up points and yards on Temples defense.

Temples defense is better than Wyoming's . A lot of people think this is going to be a low scoring game but I disagree, I think it is a shootout. Lots of points will be put up.
I hope you're right. Get the bowl season off with a bang.....
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote: Exactly like that , that's why i said it would be a shoot out. :thumb: Wyoming's defense is terrible but Temples defense isn't near as good as some like to think it is.

I hope you're right. Get the bowl season off with a bang.....
wiht the blast of a french 75 perhaps?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Not sure I'm remembering this right or not, but I do remember we had a bye week before Utah State and didn't Christensen tinker with the defense big time by moving people around position-wise before we played the Aggies? Then, after the experiment blew up in his face move everyone back?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Cheywypoke wrote:Not sure I'm remembering this right or not, but I do remember we had a bye week before Utah State and didn't Christensen tinker with the defense big time by moving people around position-wise before we played the Aggies? Then, after the experiment blew up in his face move everyone back?
libbit

but i seem to remember him fiddling with positions on defense during the second bye and everything turning out swimmingly
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

We've kept it the same since SDSU when we went to a 4-2-5 look. That has stayed since it was good enough to slow down and stop teams like AFA and SDSU. Plus it has helped get players in position to create TO's.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
WYCowboy wrote: This is very typical of what you see coming from espn. They don't care about Wyoming and will do everything they can to hold us down and present Wyoming in a bad light.
How do you figure that? I've never interpreted ESPN as anti-Wyoming. Their never on that channel.
I can't remember the year for sure (I think it was 2004) when we had the first night game at the War. This was the time the lights and scoreboards went out and the game was delayed for a couple of hours in bitter cold temps - Nov. 13th I believe. (Wyokie can probably remember this one) Anyway, the game was supposed to be telecast nationally by espn/abc. Needless to say, espn/abc were very unhappy about this and there was unofficial reports that they would never nationally televise another game from Laramie. Since that time, I don't know of anything positive coming from espn about Wyoming Athletics. Don't know if you are old enough to remember that or not - I sure do as I was sitting in the stands freezing my rear end off.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
WYCowboy wrote: This is very typical of what you see coming from espn. They don't care about Wyoming and will do everything they can to hold us down and present Wyoming in a bad light.
How do you figure that? I've never interpreted ESPN as anti-Wyoming. Their never on that channel.
I can't remember the year for sure (I think it was 2004) when we had the first night game at the War. This was the time the lights and scoreboards went out and the game was delayed for a couple of hours in bitter cold temps - Nov. 13th I believe. (Wyokie can probably remember this one) Anyway, the game was supposed to be telecast nationally by espn/abc. Needless to say, espn/abc were very unhappy about this and there was unofficial reports that they would never nationally televise another game from Laramie. Since that time, I don't know of anything positive coming from espn about Wyoming Athletics. Don't know if you are old enough to remember that or not - I sure do as I was sitting in the stands freezing my rear end off.
+1

And it was vs Utah in 04, I didn't ration my whisky or hot damn appropriately and to restock during halftime. But you are right it was a cold mutha that night. I remember the stadium being half lit and the cheerleaders from each team played a pickup game waiting for the transfuser or something to come from Cheyenne.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243182751
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

mrtnt3x wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
+1

And it was vs Utah in 04, I didn't ration my whisky or hot damn appropriately and to restock during halftime. But you are right it was a cold mutha that night. I remember the stadium being half lit and the cheerleaders from each team played a pickup game waiting for the transfuser or something to come from Cheyenne.

I was there freezing my ass off too...crazy night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
mrtnt3x wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
+1

I was there freezing my ass off too...crazy night.
I was an usher for that game and had to answer about 1000 different people that we were working on restoring power. Some people didn't ask very nicely though, and for a 14 year old kid, I think I handled it alright (was earning money to go to Hawaii for a Choir trip).
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

WANNA RASSLE?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It was a terrible showing for Wyoming they didn't play with heart IMO and they certainly did not leave it all on the field. Congratulations to the Owls you guys had a great showing. GL next season and I really hope you don't end up in the Big Least.

I was going to come post a congratulations on your forums but I can only find rival forums and I'm not going to pay money to say congratulations so you will have to spread the word from here.

I wish you could have played the team I had hoped would show up instead of the team you played but either way you won and you deserved it.
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
First night game was in 2004? ah no the first night game was in 88 against the zoobies, the second was in 90 against the zoobies and in 99 against the zoobies
JHG
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote:I just re-watched the Temple vs. Ohio game on espn 3 . Temples defense looked terrible. Ohio moved up and down the field on them and amassed 521 yards of total offense and Ohio runs a spread similar to Wyoming's. Only difference is Brett Smith is a better QB than Tettleton of Ohio.

With two weeks to game plan Christensen and Brandon are going to have a field day with Temples defense. Temple is going to have to score to keep up with Wyoming. I will say Coyer is by far the best QB Temple has had this year. Kid can run and throw. He isn't on Brett Smiths level but still a solid QB. This is going to be a shootout in my opinion.
Yeah, not quite. As you saw yesterday, our D is quite good. Ohio has always given us trouble. Go Owls.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

JHG wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:I just re-watched the Temple vs. Ohio game on espn 3 . Temples defense looked terrible. Ohio moved up and down the field on them and amassed 521 yards of total offense and Ohio runs a spread similar to Wyoming's. Only difference is Brett Smith is a better QB than Tettleton of Ohio.

With two weeks to game plan Christensen and Brandon are going to have a field day with Temples defense. Temple is going to have to score to keep up with Wyoming. I will say Coyer is by far the best QB Temple has had this year. Kid can run and throw. He isn't on Brett Smiths level but still a solid QB. This is going to be a shootout in my opinion.
Yeah, not quite. As you saw yesterday, our D is quite good. Ohio has always given us trouble. Go Owls.
Congratulations on the win yesterday - Temple flat out earned it. Temple's team is good on both sides of the ball and your coaches out-coached us too. Good luck in the future.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
JHG
Buckaroo

WYCowboy wrote:
JHG wrote:

Congratulations on the win yesterday - Temple flat out earned it. Temple's team is good on both sides of the ball and your coaches out-coached us too. Good luck in the future.
Thanks. Best to Wyo too.