how many germans...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

...do we need to have before we can call our defense the blitzkrieg? :rofl:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Haha :lol: We could get t-shirts and everything
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

imagine if all of our defensive adjustments @ the line were barked out in german......that would be a total mindf**k for the opposing OL

The Virginian
Cowpoke

wyosteelerfan wrote:...do we need to have before we can call our defense the blitzkrieg? :rofl:
Henceforth, Wyoming's defense will be referred to as "The Siegfried Line"...
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

We could play the "Blitzkrieg Bop" at the games :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56soYl0U1w

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

wyosteelerfan wrote:...do we need to have before we can call our defense the blitzkrieg? :rofl:
Der Blitzkrieg (speedwar) ist OFFENSE not DEFENCE.
ER lief wie der Blitz.
There are some things I like about Deutsche manner. (Can't find the umlaut on my keyboard).
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 49 times

alyssa wrote:
ER lief wie der Blitz.
There are some things I like about Deutsche manner. (Can't find the umlaut on my keyboard).
Computer keyboards here in the States have no umblauts.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

alyssa wrote:
ER lief wie der Blitz.
Adding an "e" after the vowel is basically the same thing as an umlaut. The umlaut actually started out as an "e" or something like that above the vowel, but was shortened over time to just be a couple of dots. Adding an umlaut actually adds the "e" sound to the letter, saying them both simultaneously.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
alyssa wrote:
ER lief wie der Blitz.
Adding an "e" after the vowel is basically the same thing as an umlaut. The umlaut actually started out as an "e" or something like that above the vowel, but was shortened over time to just be a couple of dots. Adding an umlaut actually adds the "e" sound to the letter, saying them both simultaneously.
:geek:

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

öä ÖÄ

There you go. I find them just fine on my American keyboard - after I switch keyboard layout with alt+shift, that is :D
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

I can just see the team photo now, players in Sgt. Schultz helmets and Nazi uniforms. Probably want to stay away from the swaztikas though. (Don't know if that's possible tho, Nazi unis without swaztikas)
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

yeah, um...WWII Germany...maybe not a good idea to be associated with that. You know, millions dead, genocide.... Just sayin'....

Siegfried Line might not cause offense, but let's not forget it was 'penetrated' by the Allies.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

But still, it would be kinda cool for the defensive captain to be calling out assignments in German.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 156 times

We need to incorporate Hugo Stiglitz somehow into the name.
W-Y, Until I Die!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Cheywypoke wrote:But still, it would be kinda cool for the defensive captain to be calling out assignments in German.
I used to do that. When playing basketball my teammates and I would use other languages to communicate. For public school I was very good at using my endurance and speed, stealing the ball by catching my opponents off guard (very sly), making long shots and staying away from foul trouble. Those days are gone forever. I can't play bb at all now.

My mom's mom could speak a lot of languages because she had that kind of genius. I grew up hearing a lot of languages. I'm surprised at how much German I remember. I can still converse slowly. I often sing songs in other languages. Usually I speak at least 4 languages daily.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

alyssa wrote:
Cheywypoke wrote:Usually I speak at least 4 languages daily.
This blew my mind.

I speak two languages daily, and that's enough for me :P
A former colleague of mine spoke over 40 languages fluently, and it was his hobby to learn new ones. Apparently it gets extremely easy after you have 6-8 "base" ones covered (e.g. English, German, French, Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic, Russian).
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

The only German I know is how they say Virgin "Goodentight"
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Landiegopoke wrote:The only German I know is how they say Virgin "Goodentight"
It's actually spelled Guten Tag.

I took two years of German back in high school. How I managed to get decent grades in that subject for both years is beyond me. I got final grade of Cs both times (or all four semesters: 1 in WY and 3 in OK).
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:

I took two years of German back in high school. How I managed to get decent grades in that subject for both years is beyond me. I got final grade of Cs both times (or all four semesters: 1 in WY and 3 in OK).
Did you not get that joke? Virgin = Good And Tight. Or what he said.

Today I used 8 languages. I used to teach my dogs them too. My greyhounds etc. were so smart. If I said car in English that meant we were going for a ride in the car. If I said car in Romanian that meant to get out of the road because a car was coming. If I said cheese in Italian that meant I was going to feed them a peace of cheese (usually with medicine). I'd sing to them sometimes mixing up different languages together with existing music to tell them how beautiful there were.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Did you not get that joke? Virgin = Good And Tight. Or what he said.
I got the joke after I posted. Sadly, I'm a lot like my mother when it comes to some jokes. Takes her a while to see or understand the punchline to a joke. We are a tapestry of our relatives.