Wyoming should go independent

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Wyoming should go independent like the team that shall not be named. In a recent Provostan news article, they point out "The Cougars have two standout moments since Bronco Mendenhall took over as the head coach....In most of the other "big" games, BYU hasn't been at its best." (I didn't post those 3 letters, it was a quote)

Wyo goes independent, Wyo press announces Wyoming is an elite team playing on an elite level and perennial national championship contenders, then when we lose every game against any decent team just say "we were the better team but just didn't play our best". Since nobody cares about independents, there is nobody to counter these statements. It is pure evil genius from the Utardland. Boise would be far better off doing the same instead of joining a weaker Big Least conference.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

And we could increase our strength of schedule like they did, last week they played Idaho and this week they play New Mexico state
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

Aren't we playing New Mexico and then CSU? I'm a Yner hater too, but their schedule was about the same as ours, minus Boise.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

They certainly didn't make the 'splash' Holmoe was intending.

I honestly haven't heard one whiff of BYU football news. There was some mention of them regarding expansion but, zero football news.

Dumb move. Historically dumb move.

Once the scheduling thing kicks them in the arse, they may become irrelevant altogether.
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

CowboyCO wrote:Aren't we playing New Mexico and then CSU? I'm a Yner hater too, but their schedule was about the same as ours, minus Boise.
New Mexico and CSU are conference Games The Zoobies are independent and choose to play their schedule.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

AfiPoke wrote: Once the scheduling thing kicks them in the arse, they may become irrelevant altogether.
Yes Please! Yes Please!
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

The headline from the Herald is "*** football still learning to play at elite level in elite games". Just saying, Wyoming had a nearly identical schedule, actually stronger, so Wyoming must be an elite school so we should just skip joining the SEC and go independent. At least the school that shall not be named is still good for a laugh now and then.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I thought that BYU and the Big East were working on final details for BYU to join for football only according to SLC Tribune writer's twitter.
Independence is really hard to do.
billings
Ranch Hand

BYU joining the BE for football is an admission that independence has failed

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

billings wrote:BYU joining the BE for football is an admission that independence has failed

They are the red-headed freckle faced girl with dandruff of college football. They are so desperate to go on a date they will say and do about anything.

No offense to anyone with a red-headed freckle faced girlfriend...