So about that bowl game.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Ragepoke
Ranch Hand

Seeing that were most likely going to beat the Chocobos and that one team from that one town of filth and disease.

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO LADS?!

Myself i'd like to go to the Poinsettia to visit friends which could really be possible aslong as Boise wins out if not.. New mexico bowl shall do cause its in somewhat driving distance.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Doesn't matter to me. I'm just hoping we get there.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

New Mexico Bowl. More fans will be able to make the trip.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Last I checked we only had 5 wins.
Ragepoke
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:Last I checked we only had 5 wins.
I know this but do you really see us losing to NM or CSU? I dont
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Ragepoke wrote:
It's a long season. The Cowboys need to take it one game at a time. Remember last season UNM got their only win of the season against the Pokes and the Border War is usually a dog fight, last year was incredible but I wouldn't expect that kind of a game this year. We have TCU in Laramie next week and if we play like we did in the first half we have a chance to knock them off.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I think its the New Mexico Bowl. I would say the Poinsettia Bowl, but thanks to the Cowboys beating the Asstecs again, you can bet they'll stay at home for a bowl game. The Independence Bowl would be cool....better opponent....but would you all be willing to travel that far?

What the f-word do we know? If Wyoming beats TCU this week, their in the drivers seat for 2nd place in the MWC. Meaning they're required to go to the Vegas Bowl.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Independence Bowl. Something we haven't done and I love America :lol:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Is Wyoming's travel really that bad? Its a bowl game.......doesn't come around often....you'd think everyone would bust their rear ends to get out there.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Not cool. Don't talk to me about a bowl game. Let's worry about the next one on the schedule.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

J-Rod wrote:Is Wyoming's travel really that bad? Its a bowl game.......doesn't come around often....you'd think everyone would bust their rear ends to get out there.
Pokes fans would turn out well for bowls in the Western US, but hard for people to travel across the country to the Independence Bowl around the holidays..
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Ragepoke wrote:
We got crushed by USU. We can still lose any game and probably win any game outside of BSU. Don't buy your tickets yet clowns! Go Pokes!
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

We're fans on an internet message board. We have absolutely nothing to do with how any future games pan out. The team has to worry about "taking it one game at a time" and "not overlooking anyone"......not us! :lol: We're not that important folks......
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

J-Rod wrote:We're fans on an internet message board. We have absolutely nothing to do with how any future games pan out. The team has to worry about "taking it one game at a time" and "not overlooking anyone"......not us! :lol: We're not that important folks......
but we can place wagers and look like arrogant asses!
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: but we can place wagers and look like arrogant asses!
AND???? Still has nothing to do with the result. Silly.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'd like to see the Independence Bowl for a change of pace and slightly higher payout.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'd like to see three more wins before we talk Bowl Games. I could totally see us choking on CSU and not beating anybody but New Mexico... :(

I really THINK we could upset both Air Force and TCU, though, especially if there's snow next week.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Obviously, Wyoming does not want to rely on this back door option, but college football has a lot of losing teams this year. There are going to be 2-3 bowl games having to accept 6-6 teams from lower conferences......that petition at 6-6 for Wyoming would likely be approved.

Of course they don't want to even entertain that option, but its feasible to think Wyoming is bowl bound at 6-6.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Asmodeanreborn wrote:I'd like to see three more wins before we talk Bowl Games. I could totally see us choking on CSU and not beating anybody but New Mexico... :(

I really THINK we could upset both Air Force and TCU, though, especially if there's snow next week.
I've been holding a pretty positive outlook for Wyo football this season and will continue to!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I've been holding a pretty positive outlook for Wyo football this season and will continue to!
And why not? Wyoming just beat arguably the 3rd best team in the MWC on their home field. Play with that level of toughness again, and UNM/CSU will be victories. 7-5....bowl game!