This Husker is WAAAAYYY too much like a BYU fan

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

From "CodyHusker" on the other Board:

"This is addressed to the student section but a vast population of alumni too (and before you get on me- i'm a UW alum who grew up in Nebraska)...I agree about leaving the women and children home...Both schools would agree being a great fan would involve cheering and noise making, Nebraska's idea and Wyo's idea of how to obtain noise making however, are polar opposites. The overall football and etiquette IQ in laramie definitely falls into the "downs syndrome" category. They just "don't get it" and I don't expect they ever will. They are much like the CU crowd. They are lucky to fill half the stadium for every game except when a REALLY BIG opponent comes to town. Also, if you were to ask who they play in two weeks -most would not have a clue! And their excuse will be " we have mountains and more to do than follow football". The "fans" know they aren't supposed to win so they try to get under your skin by being EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUS and if by chance the stars are aligned just right for them, and by some miracle they win, its Katie bar the door. They will go to a whole new level. Now when they lose they look for moral victories like "we played right with them for 8 minutes and stuff like that"...Just plan on a very unpleasant "R" rated dialogue, especially from the student section. I will be there, and like the vast majority of our fans in red we will cheer on our Huskers and do our best to try to ignore the Cowboy insults, mostly that will have to do about "what is there to do in Nebraska except watch football?" and the old "do you know what the N on the helmet stands for?" just smile and say "good one, I've never heard that before" and you should be ok :-)...I'm challenging the poke fans to prove me wrong. I would like to see the cowboys be successful but by doing it the right way. I would like both sides to be gracious and hospitable and loud. Here's hoping for a great atmosphere and game. GBR"

Quite the arrogant little SOB aren't you. Well, this is addressed to you, Cody boy, and any other arrogant jerks that can't seem to walk the walk of being one of the "greatest fans in college football":

"The greatest fans in football shouldn't be forced to lecture and offer broad generalizations that don't fit even 1/100th of a fanbase. Great fans aren't sanctimonius nor are they snobby. They are - because they are. Sure we have some doozies. But so does EVERY TEAM - even your Huskers - some of which are seen as pious and holier than thou by quite a few other folks - and yes, pride always cometh before the fall and no, I am not only talking about winning and losing the game of football. And even apart from the 'nose in the air' crowd, I have seen nastiness as I have entered and left Memorial Stadium - like after Ricky Williams ran all over the Big Red in the late 1990's with my brother and me in attendance (cheering on the Huskers, by the way). Sure you clapped while the cameras were rolling, but then a couple of your STUDENTS poured beer on an old Texas fan and screamed profanity as they left, in front of countless kids from both schools. I know better than to say that those turd students don't reflect even 1/100,000th of the population of Husker Fans. But with your litmus test and rant, I guess I would have to come to a different conclusion. Great fans don't make fun of 'down's syndrome' or cast aspersions. They respect that there are quite a few folks that are actually Down's Syndrome that cheer both the Pokes and Huskers - folks that are great and know a heck of a lot more about being great than jackasses like you. They realize that there are quite a few in the stands at every game at War Memorial and Memorial Stadiums that have been there for every game for years - both having gone to Sugar Bowls, Sun Bowls, Holiday Bowls and Fiesta Bowls. They understand that each school has its traditions. They understand that it is hard to fill a stadium when you lose for 15 years (after schools like Nebraska, Auburn, Purdue and Texas steal your coach) and don't have the resources of BCS schools like Nebraska to rebuild quickly. What is that old Bible entry about the speck of dust in your neighbor's eye, Cody? I would suggest you re-read it, double-check the credentials of your ENTIRE fanbase, and then post your drivel. OR better yet, come up to Section 27 sometime and sit with the guys that just love football - know every stat and just like being at War Memorial with their kids and grandkids on a crisp Fall evening - just like my dad and my grandfather before him that can't drive any more and come to the games but listens to every game on the radio. Question the 'overall football IQ and etiquette' or an entire fanbase? Why? You insult every Wyoming fan for what reason? It certainly isn't in the pursuit of truth or the "greatest fan" ethic. You are the epitome of what people say they hate about Nebraska. Me, I don't hate Nebraska or the vast vast majority of your well educated fan base - most of which are just like the average schmo's from WYO. I just hate being lectured at by a guy that clearly has had a bad experience or two - or worse, casts a really broad net based on those experiences and captures some VERY good folks with some of what are admittedly, young buck, drunk kids. Guess what - go to any stadium in the nation and you will find them bucko...even and especially in your beloved Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska. I am certainly not perfect. I have said some things that I am not proud of, had a little too much to drink and acted like a college punk too. I am challenging you to drop the 'tude you wanker and have some fun. If you dropped the preacher bit and your paranoia about hearing an F bomb or two, you might just meet Kenny Sailors (the guy that invented the jump shot) or Paul Roach (one of the best coaches ever and a helluva nice man) or even our Governor, past or present Senators or just one of us from Section 27 that love the game of football. But, if you can't stand the countless horrors of WMS and our student section in particular (which, by the way, is just like every other SS in the nation) - STAY OUT you Puritanical little crapweasel. To the rest of you, I very much look forward to seeing some of you all at the game. We will have beer and you are welcome to what we have. I hope folks treat you well. Some may not, but most will. You know how to react either way and know you don't need Cody's little diatribe to survive. Hell, if you've been to Folsom or Faurot Fields, this will be a cakewalk. Here's to a hard fought game where no one gets hurt." :twocents:
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

That guy = Definition of a douche. If this guy is really a UW alum he is the true embarrassment to our university. We should be thanking him for such an informative lecture of how to be a real fan :roll:
I'm good for 3!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Nice response :thumb:
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

What a total loser....has this guy never been to any other student section??? Pull the head out and take a breath! great response! I know not all husker fans are like this....but wow....the fact that he comes to a
Wyoming board to say this CRACKS...ME....UP. GET A LIFE- We challenge you to stay at home with your old lady and watch Golden Girls.

PS- oh if you all could be here this week listening to the poor little byu fans whining and trying to lick their wounds...fantastic...just fantastic haha.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Ok, thanks for the lecture, I'm a true Cowboys fan too, but I know what goes on in the student section at War Memorial as well, I've been graduated from UW since 93, and I continue to sit/stand in the student section just cuz of the energy and such. I think the students aren't nearly as creative as we were in the good years from 88-93 when I was there, the booze and the pot do all the talking. I always wish there was a class students needed to take to know about football/basketball etc....half these kids know nothing about the opponent, couldn't tell ya a stat of the opponent's QB/RB or anyone. That's how you become creative and not another W-Y-O, 1st down M'er F'er......that was funny the 1st year but it's really old now. and every 3-5 mins awaiting for the band to play the beer song, get real..... If you want to get under the opponents skin, read up on stats, get on Martinez or Denard for something, get on Pelini for his poor play calling etc....I agree I will have quite the buzz, but for me the true buzz of a big time school coming to Laramie is all I need. I have been to CU, A&M, Texas and all the MWC schools stadiums, I am a true college football fan and like last year when Boise St came in and mopped shop with us, it was truly fun to watch a high quality football team in action. I'm not saying I like gettin whooped, but like the old saying goes on any given saturday anything can happen. I know that we really don't have a shot, but that's why they play the games, take it all in for atmosphere, Nebraska fans will hold their own, and if you do sit in the student section, have think skin and take it with grain of assault...lol ..Just don't let this 2nd UW in 3 consecutive weeks sneak up on you as you eagerly await the start of a long Big 10 season. C'mon Pokes truly make us all proud, play with a passion and absolutely nothing to lose and lets see how close we may come.
GO POKES
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Nubb fans have got to be the LEAST classiest fan base I've seen on this board or over on GoWyoGo. They beat out the likes of Virginia, easily. They need to get some pointers from Ole Miss and Texas.

I'd much rather interact with CSU fans.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

PokeNer wrote:Nubb fans have got to be the LEAST classiest fan base I've seen on this board or over on GoWyoGo. They beat out the likes of Virginia, easily. They need to get some pointers from Ole Miss and Texas.

What Nebraska fans here have been classless? The user quoted in this topic trolled the other board, not this one... I can think of quite a few trolls from other fanbases here throughout the time I've been here, be it Utah, BYU, CSU, or out of conference teams.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

A dollar says this UW "alum" came a virgin and left a virgin. Probably had to walk home from the Buck a few times after his friends "forgot" him too...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
PokeNer wrote:Nubb fans have got to be the LEAST classiest fan base I've seen on this board or over on GoWyoGo. They beat out the likes of Virginia, easily. They need to get some pointers from Ole Miss and Texas.

What Nebraska fans here have been classless? The user quoted in this topic trolled the other board, not this one... I can think of quite a few trolls from other fanbases here throughout the time I've been here, be it Utah, BYU, CSU, or out of conference teams.
I stand corrected, the ones on here so far have been polite, but annoying. I get tired hearing their mantra of how classy, knowledgeable, and passionate they are. Perusing their boards and over on GWG, they are pretty abrasive bunch.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 155 times

I sat on the west side of the stadium for the first time ever during the Weber St. game (all others coming from student sections). I was horrified at the lack of intensity displayed by those sitting around me. Doesn't mean they are less of a fan, just quieter than I.

On a side note, I think I know who this guy is. He's stan, the company's computer guy.
W-Y, Until I Die!