Sort of OT: What school(s) outside the MWC do you root for?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Florida St. back to their heyday, Tennessee in the SEC and Iowa in the Big 10 have been the teams that I had a soft spot for.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Forgot to add ASU. Old conference rival, and along with the Pokes, dominated the early WAC. Plus, up until this year, Sparky on the side of their helmets was one of my favorites in college ball. Kind of reminded me of having Steamboat on our helmets.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Florida has been my school since Fred Taylor graduated. He was the reason I became a Jaguars fan as well. People were in shock and awe at my dorm room. Gators stuff from wall to wall. 3 authentic jerseys, lights, flags, carpet, pretty much anything you can imagine. I have a 3' x 5' etched and led lighted piece of glass on the way for my apartment. Even got myself a Florida snuggie haha :P
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

wyopokes2 wrote:Florida has been my school since Fred Taylor graduated. He was the reason I became a Jaguars fan as well. People were in shock and awe at my dorm room. Gators stuff from wall to wall. 3 authentic jerseys, lights, flags, carpet, pretty much anything you can imagine. I have a 3' x 5' etched and led lighted piece of glass on the way for my apartment. Even got myself a Florida snuggie haha :P
Aren't you also a closet Southern Miss fan as well? :whistle:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

1. Any team west of the Mississippi over a team east of the Mississippi.

2. Any Non-AQ team over a BCS team.

3. If I have to pick a SEC team...South Carolina (relatives nearby), ACC Virginia Tech, Big East no one they all suck, Big 10 Nebraska or Iowa, Big 12 Missouri, Pac-12 no one they all are just a little less sucky than teams east of the Mississippi.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

MrTitleist wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Keepin' it west...

Arizona State.
Is Osweiler going to start this year?
If I was a betting man, I would wager so. Was told he was "up to" 240 now (at 6'8" that is a big dude). I can't believe Dennis hasn't gotten it done there. Other than his first year there (10-3), he hasn't done squat the last 3. This could be his final year. Talk about underachievers.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 38 times

Osweiler is a giant. UM wanted him badly (being a local kid), but there was no way he was going to play FCS ball.. especially with an offer from ASU (and the tail that hangs around that university).
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 157 times

wyopokes2 wrote:Florida has been my school since Fred Taylor graduated. He was the reason I became a Jaguars fan as well. People were in shock and awe at my dorm room. Gators stuff from wall to wall. 3 authentic jerseys, lights, flags, carpet, pretty much anything you can imagine. I have a 3' x 5' etched and led lighted piece of glass on the way for my apartment. Even got myself a Florida snuggie haha :P
Thought I had seen you before!

W-Y, Until I Die!
roozy
Ranch Hand

I'm a Navy vet... I always root for Navy unless they're playing the Pokes. Army and Air Force on next on my list. Not necessarily in that order, but maybe in that order. From there, it's usually a non-BCS team over a BCS when they match up.
Jesus First, then football
theman
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:My grandpa was a big time OU Sooner qb recruit before he decided to get a job in the oil field to support his family. My mom's family are all from Oklahoma. We had uncles play and coach at OU.

I cheer for Wyoming, but if I have to pick ONE school to cheer for that benefits from the evil monopoly it would be the Sooners.
I hate OU with an extreme passion almost as badly as BYU! They cheat and they get away it! Plus OU's fans as just arrogant as the BU ones!
Wyokie is exactly right. Come to Oklahoma for awhile and the difference between OU and OSU fans is night and day. The OU fans down here have made me hate the OU Cheaters almost as much as the Gators.
My favorite teams are/were Florida State and Ohio State.
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

My "b & c" teams would be the cal bears and whoever is playing csu
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Many mo' than y'all realise.
Too many to list.

Places I've given $ to.
North Texas and some others.

Places I got a degree from.
Princeton and SMU!
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

Marshal, because of the wreck and the movie and now just like us they are still trying to shake off the effects of Lee Moon.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

The Colorado School of Mines Orediggers

....and anyone playing byu
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

Is this a trick question? Outside of games the 'Pokes are playing, I'm just rooting for good football.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Brew_Poke wrote:Is this a trick question? Outside of games the 'Pokes are playing, I'm just rooting for good football.
this
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'