Gowyogo Biting the dust...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

How ridiculous to make the board paying members only. Considering the great season we are having and the HUGE demand to get onto GWG, seems like the perfect time to have people pay for it! :roll:
I'm good for 3!
pcwyo
Buckaroo

Cornpoke wrote:How ridiculous to make the board paying members only. Considering the great season we are having and the HUGE demand to get onto GWG, seems like the perfect time to have people pay for it! :roll:
That's the same thought I had. Their timing could have been a little better. They'd probably get a lot more people willing to ante up if the team was actually winning (not me)!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 4 times

Was there ever a reason given?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

Yes, the dirty douche did give a reason...

Something like (but not exact)...we are doing so to keep the riff raff out, and that most posters that are worth a damn are of the paying variety anyway...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:Yes, the dirty douche did give a reason...

Something like (but not exact)...we are doing so to keep the riff raff out, and that most posters that are worth a damn are of the paying variety anyway...
:? That's poop....i've been posting on that board since it was Slider's on AOL...what utter crap.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Hey John! Good to see you! (This is Will, btw) 8-)
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Brew_Poke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Yes, the dirty douche did give a reason...

:? That's poop....i've been posting on that board since it was Slider's on AOL...what utter crap.
You got that right. I was personally attacked by the paying variety. So, I quit posting as much. Actually, I would say the opposite for terms of cowboy posters for riff raff. The outside menace of utah always was ugly but that is to be expected...
Go Pokes!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

PokeTransplant wrote:Hey John! Good to see you! (This is Will, btw) 8-)
What's up Will? Still in the desert of Southern California?
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

Yup...still making missiles for the navy. Haven't had a chance to do any brewing lately. You come up with anything worth drinking lately? :D
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

PokeTransplant wrote:Yup...still making missiles for the navy. Haven't had a chance to do any brewing lately. You come up with anything worth drinking lately? :D
Sad to say, I haven't brewed at all since I graduated and started chasing rigs around. :( I have plans though for this winter, and have recently been working on some recipes.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke

I'm working on trying to get a recruiting trip up there this spring. I'll keep you posted so we can head out and knock back a few...
wyoprophet
Buckaroo

Another new member and refugee from GoWyoGo!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

wyoprophet wrote:Another new member and refugee from GoWyoGo!

The mass exodus continues......lol

Howdy, partner!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyoraider
Buckaroo

I'm sorry, but I'm not paying for the other site. Just registered to be on this site and have passed on this Web site to my fellow co-workers and friends.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

No need to be sorry...to hell with Ian for pulling that poop. Eff 'em.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

I just wonder how long before Ian and DC Poke finally goes....."WHERE'S EVERYONE?"
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I would think most members, even the paying one's will move here as traffic there is just going to decline.
I'm good for 3!
wyoforlife
Buckaroo

Cornpoke wrote:I would think most members, even the paying one's will move here as traffic there is just going to decline.

But the question is, will they be shunned, like the majority of us were? I like DC Poke, bassbonepoke, and a few others over there, they were good posters.

The sad thing is, non paying members added quite a bit to that site. Without us, it will turn into a pissing match, and super bitching wars...their own creation!
"They're a bunch of jealous little dicks who use the anonymity of the internet to insult people who're doing what they wish they were doing." ~ Holden McNeil
happycamper
Buckaroo

wyoforlife wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:I would think most members, even the paying one's will move here as traffic there is just going to decline.

But the question is, will they be shunned, like the majority of us were? I like DC Poke, bassbonepoke, and a few others over there, they were good posters.

The sad thing is, non paying members added quite a bit to that site. Without us, it will turn into a pissing match, and super bitching wars...their own creation!
Wasn't it that way already? If you weren't on one of two acceptable sides of a debate, you would get shunned and told you have no football knowledge. If there was a topic that was actually interesting or heated, Ian would delete it or more it. Talk about a pain.
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

I too like DCPoke and Bassbone, among others, but I think they'll find it a little boring talking amongst the 40 or 50 posters that pay $10 a month. I'll keep sending my $$ to CJC and UWAA.

Looking forward to a Pokes win this weekend!