OT: Egypt, riots, and a looming civil war.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Some crazy poop is going on over there. Videos are popping up all over the web of some really bad incidents, even one where you see people get mowed down by a car. Their President may be stepping down, but it looks like tension is getting so thick, you could cut it with a knife. All it will take right now, is that one spark to ignite a civil war.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

This historical event isn''t going to end peacefully like the Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 which resulted a reunified AND democratic Germany.

To quote my favorite movie of all time.....

"I got a bad feeling about this."
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:This historical event isn''t going to end peacefully like the Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 which resulted a reunified AND democratic Germany.

My sentiments exactly.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:This historical event isn''t going to end peacefully like the Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 which resulted a reunified AND democratic Germany.

What this guy said.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Well....get ready for some record-breaking gas prices this coming summer due to the events in Egypt!

$4/gallon of gas, anyone?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:Well....get ready for some record-breaking gas prices this coming summer due to the events in Egypt!

Does that mean that they'll actually start to use the gas that we have here in Wyoming and Texas then? Make it a bit cheaper.

Back onto the subject, if this turns into a long and dragged out civil war, that may spill over into an already fragile Middle East.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Well....get ready for some record-breaking gas prices this coming summer due to the events in Egypt!

Does that mean that they'll actually start to use the gas that we have here in Wyoming and Texas then? Make it a bit cheaper.
Yeah but the environmentalists will go ballistic over drilling here in the States. The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico a few months ago was a good example of why they'll go ballistic.
Back onto the subject, if this turns into a long and dragged out civil war, that may spill over into an already fragile Middle East.
That's why Israel is worried about the Egyptian situation. Egypt is the ONLY Arab country who actually recognizes Israel's sovereignty. None of the other Arab countries does!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Our dick head president fully supports the muslim brotherhood who has already said they want power to destroy Israel.
You think our president would step down if there was that kind of rally held to get him out or do you think he would send in the troops to take out those "racists"? I think its the latter :thumbdown:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

TwoTone wrote:Our dick head president fully supports the muslim brotherhood who has already said they want power to destroy Israel.
You think our president would step down if there was that kind of rally held to get him out or do you think he would send in the troops to take out those "racists"? I think its the latter :thumbdown:
Well, the election is less than two years from now.

My guess: Palin vs. Obama.

We're all screwed!!!!!!

It's funny. It used to be that kids wanted to grow up to be President. Now, no one who really would qualify for the job wants it!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

TwoTone wrote:Our dick head president fully supports the muslim brotherhood who has already said they want power to destroy Israel.
No he doesn't. Obama's a nut in many ways, but people really need to stop believing every rumor they read on the Internet or that people with political agendas try to "accidentally" spread.
Obama wants nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

What people need to realize is that in matters of national security, Obama actually now understands what's going on in the world. Guess why he hasn't attempted to repeal the Patriot Act? He knows that even though it takes away some of our fundamental rights, it's also protected us. According to somebody I know in the Intelligence community (high ranking enough to deal with the past few Presidents), we've arrested several hundred would-be terrorists on U.S. soil in the past 10 years. We just don't get to hear about any but a few of the ones who screw up.
billings
Ranch Hand

I hope Egypt gets some democracy. I hope they pull it off.

AS for oil. We can drill all we want in the US. Won't bring the price down much at all unless China and India slow their growth and they won't. Wyoming will see additional OIl drilling with the New Frakking of oil shale showing so much promise in the Bakken Field in Montana and North Dakota. . the Niobrara field will come back to life. Some are saying we could increase domestic production by 20% - 40% in the next five years with oil frakking but it won't bring down the price of oil much thanks to China and indian demand. The US was 20 years past peak oil production with no way to change that until this new Frakking was tried. Also, Until this Frakking find the Gulf and deep water drilling was the only place left in the US with proven large Oil reserves. BTW a large chinese company just bought up rights to a chunk of the niobrara field.

Good read:
http://www.gjfreepress.com/article/2011 ... /FRONTPAGE

While I am not an obama fan I doubt very much there was ever a claim of support for the muslim brotherhood. Even the republicans in washington are saying this was handled about as well as could be expected.
billings
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
No he doesn't. Obama's a nut in many ways, but people really need to stop believing every rumor they read on the Internet or that people with political agendas try to "accidentally" spread.
Obama wants nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

What people need to realize is that in matters of national security, Obama actually now understands what's going on in the world. Guess why he hasn't attempted to repeal the Patriot Act? He knows that even though it takes away some of our fundamental rights, it's also protected us. According to somebody I know in the Intelligence community (high ranking enough to deal with the past few Presidents), we've arrested several hundred would-be terrorists on U.S. soil in the past 10 years. We just don't get to hear about any but a few of the ones who screw up.
Actually it was the Tea party that is repealing the Patriot act and caused it to fail renewal in washington. weird twist that was. I don't like the Patriot act but it may be a necessary evil for ahwile anyway
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The important thing for this forum is that we don't have any recruits from Egypt. Can you imagine
having an Egyptian saftety? What if an opponent fullback breaks into the backfield at exactly the time
the Egyptian safety has to face Mecca and bend over for one of his five-a-day scheduled prayers? Bad news, but you can't do anything to him because of freedom of religion issues. I think DC knows this and that is
why he didn't recuit in Egypt.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Wasn't that "Aliens"?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

laxwyo wrote:

Wasn't that "Aliens"?
Try Star Wars. It was said in each of the 6 movies.