Hard Rock/Rock Thread, Not BYU Indy

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I thought since there was some rockers out there, I would start a fun thread.

First, name 1 or 2 Rock/Hard Rock bands that disappeared after awesome first albums. The whole album doensn't need to be chart toppers, but you personally think the whole album is great.

Second. Name a great band that most of us wouldn't know or have heard.

I'll go first,

1. The Union Underground. They had a song called "South Texas Deathride" that kicked ass. The whole CD is awesome.

3rd Strike. Great CD. Guy sounds like Ozzy a lot. Bad ass remake of "Paranoid".

2. Great Band you might not know about. Element Eighty.

I hope some of you participate. I love discovering new bands.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

1. Tough one.. Lost Prophets, maybe? Maybe Powerman 5000.. they've had other CDs, but none lived up to the original.

2. Young Dubliners!
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Skid Row- Had what, 2 albums then practically disappeared?

Outside of that, don't know.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

A Bullet for Cinderella
Farmer Boys- One of the single best bands ever. Had 4 albums then broke up. Supposedly 2 years ago they reunited but they havent got anything done yet

Oomph! is one of my favorite bands. They are the reason german metal is around.

BTW Skid Row had more than 2 albums. They have even had a few since Sebastian Bach left but they are poop without him. Now Bach's solo stuff is amazing

I have about 400gb of music that most people have never heard of so I could go on for a long ass time about this but that was off the top of my head. Look into those bands I posted. Unless you suck you will enjoy them :lol:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Check these cats out: Headpins. Mid-80's band, and they get after it. Site shows they had 6 recordings released...but honestly there was only one...Line of Fire.

Oh, and for those that don't click on the link, it isn't any of that eating chicken head bloody eyeball pierced ahole screaming devil poop out these days (or in the 90's).

And...they are still around, touring, etc. Hilarious.

http://www.headpins.net/
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I like the devil poop thank you very much. :tickedoff:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Here's the Headpins song:
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Bullets and Octane - In the Mouth of the Young

Solid album all around. Never heard anything else from these guys after this album, but it's pretty good.

Steel Panther - Feel the Steel

If you haven't heard these guys go buy their album immediately. They're a crude tongue-in-cheek faux 80's hair metal band, but their music is incredibly technically sound. One of my favorite albums right now.

Here's a video to get you started. It couldn't be less safe for work if it tried.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Album never comes out of my rotation.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:Bullets and Octane - In the Mouth of the Young

Solid album all around. Never heard anything else from these guys after this album, but it's pretty good.

If you haven't heard these guys go buy their album immediately. They're a crude tongue-in-cheek faux 80's hair metal band, but their music is incredibly technically sound. One of my favorite albums right now.

Here's a video to get you started. It couldn't be less safe for work if it tried.
I think Steel Panther might be gay! Anyone who ask's "where is def leopard, where is motley cru?" 80's and early 90's butt rock might be the worst music in the history of man since a caveman beat a bone on an empty skull, and I heard that got good reviews! IMO I have been wrong before. For those of you who grew up during that time and those were your kick ass years, I feel for you. It's not really your fault you like crappy music. Have fun you all!!
W-Y, Until I Die!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Lax based on your post you may be the one who is gay. Hair metal kicks ass just as much now as it did in the 80s. Im sorry it doesnt sound like Justin Bieber to satiate your advanced musical tastes :cry:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Bullets and Octane - In the Mouth of the Young

I think Steel Panther might be gay! Anyone who ask's "where is def leopard, where is motley cru?" 80's and early 90's butt rock might be the worst music in the history of man since a caveman beat a bone on an empty skull, and I heard that got good reviews! IMO I have been wrong before. For those of you who grew up during that time and those were your kick ass years, I feel for you. It's not really your fault you like crappy music. Have fun you all!!
You are now almost the level of a CSEwe fan for this post.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

or

c'mon meow

I can honestly say that I've never heard a justin bieber song. I heard a clip played once on BBC world news on a year end quiz show.

Still rocking the firebirds fellas?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I wish I had a firebird...

Stonesour WAS a great band. Now they have pussied up and suck
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I really think that classic cars died somewhere in the 70's. Guy I work with has a 68 chevelle SS. I can't think of anything in the last 30 years I'd rather have. All the plastic has fallen off of everything since then.
W-Y, Until I Die!