AFAM

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

Whats up with Afam? I don't see him getting any minutes?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Shroyer probably likes it that way - no Afam. "Hey, how do you expect me to win if my best player is injured? - it's not my fault!"
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

anyone?
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Dont know why Heath doesnt play him but but here is why I wouldnt.

He is still the slow lazy ball hog he was before. Sure he can hit some shots. But he also does some of the dumbest poop you will ever see on a ball court. IF he had a real coach maybe he could become good but until that happens we will never know. He was the leading score because he took 300 more shots than anyone.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 62 times

To be totally honest, I thought Afam was a marginal starter in the MWC from the get go. Yes, he did earn MWC freshman of the year, but that was a more a product of our lack of depth than anything else.

I feel bad for the dude. I think he is a lower level all-conference performer at his best. I hate to say it, but that knee injury knocked him down a notch for good. He just doesn't have the same explosivness that he did before the injury. We can all talk about his work ethic, but it has to be hard to have an injury like that and face a huge obstacle like that to rebound from. I'm well aware that the NYC basketball scene has taken a hit in the recent years, but I still love watching that style of game.

Alast, I think Heath is headed on his way out. Frankly, all I want to see is a bunuch of dudes try their best every single night. I'd be willing to take more losses as long as I saw effort and more emotion. I haven't seen one ounce of emotion out of this team this year. Disheartening would be an understatement.
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

Afam is a talent who unfortunately has not received any structured coaching to bring his game to a higher level, and this year a panicked coach forced him back into action less than nine months after major knee surgery, which takes at least a full year to recover from. As a result the knee has been aggravated and the damage that was done by trying to force a player back too quickly remains to be seen. But then why would Schroyer care.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Cole Cattelan? Is that you?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

TwoTone wrote:Dont know why Heath doesnt play him but but here is why I wouldnt.

He is still the slow lazy ball hog he was before. Sure he can hit some shots. But he also does some of the dumbest s##t you will ever see on a ball court. IF he had a real coach maybe he could become good but until that happens we will never know. He was the leading score because he took 300 more shots than anyone.
I agree completely. Afam has the passion and energy of a fresh flat juicy cowpie.

If I were a betting man (and could find odds) I would bet $100 to take $1 that Afam never, ever, makes it back to his Frosh form. Maybe he should give it up, and focus on school / degree / grades and doing the actual class work, assignments, and tests...to help keep the team GPA up. :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy, I have to agree. In fact, when i heard how severe Afam's injury was last year I just assumed right then that he would never be the same again. That knee will never have the strenght and speed it did, and Afam will never have the confidence in it again. Maybe he will surprise us all in conference play, but I really doubt it.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Cole Cattelan? Is that you?
bahahahahahahaha