Broncos Frank Crum

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Broncos OT Frank Crum might be a UDFA sleeper in 2024

(Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports)

Denver signed three of the top college free agents available following the NFL draft: running back Blake Watson, safety Omar Brown and offensive tackle Frank Crum. After going yet another year without drafting an offensive tackle, the Broncos will take a good look at Crum this summer.

“He had traits,” Payton said on May 11 when asked what he liked about Crum as a prospect. “He was I think the last recruited free agent we signed. It took us probably two hours. We were all ready to go home, and we kept turning to the scouts and we were like, ‘Where are we at with Crum?’ But he had traits we liked: toughness, intelligence. We thought he had good feet and some versatility. Those are the things that stood out.”

Crum’s first task will be attempting to make the 53-man roster. With Garett Bolles scheduled to become a free agent in 2025, Denver could use a reliable young tackle going forward.
doreno5
Cowpoke
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

When I read about the $250 K signing bonus which is more than those who were drafted in the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft received, I figured he had a good chance of sticking with the team on the practice squad if not in a backup role.