24-25 Roster

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 259 times

Don’t expect deweese back. I believe Deweese wanted the job pretty bad so that would be a weird dynamic to have him on staff, unfortunately. Don’t look for him to follow Linder this time. And I believe there was growing animosity between Linder and UW. It is really bad timing on Linder’s part
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:44 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 pm

Without a Yellowstone meme?
Ya, very true - what a doucher. I wonder what meme he will adopt at Tech? Prairie dog town? Tornadoes & Dust Storms? Syphilis? Tumbleweeds?
:rofl:
Yeah the "Raider Rash" is rampant here in Lubbock. So much so that there is starting to be antibiotic resistant syphilis around...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 251 times

The athletics site has been regularly updating the Basketball roster page. A few nuggets from it:

1) DeWeese has been removed. Probably safe to say he is gone and has departed his office.

2) Agbim has been strangely added back to the roster with no mention anywhere. Id speculate that he might be announcing a re-commit to Wyoming.

3) Whitmore and Vandiver remain listed as assistant coaches. I’d be relatively surprised if Whitmore is retained because I don’t believe he and Wicks had any overlap (Whitmore is a Linder 2023 add).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Also - DeWeese updated his Twitter profile to remove Wyoming references and add a trees background. He now describes himself as an alum of Mary Hardin-Baylor and Virginia Commonwealth Universities. He also re-tweeted a Texas Tech post a few days ago.

https://x.com/KenDeWeese
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:27 am Also - DeWeese updated his Twitter profile to remove Wyoming references and add a trees background. He now describes himself as an alum of Mary Hardin-Baylor and Virginia Commonwealth Universities. He also re-tweeted a Texas Tech post a few days ago.

https://x.com/KenDeWeese
He’s not going to TT
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming signs 2 senior transfers.

Forward Cole Henry from Northern Iowa.
Guard Jordan Nesbitt from Hampton via Saint Louis.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Scottie Ebube a 6’10 forward from Southern Illinois with 2 years of eligibility commits. He only started one game and averaged 6 points but did shoot 68% from the field. He was a former Green Bay commit. Not the biggest get on paper but we need bodies for next year.

Wicks appears to be adding size.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

With the size we’ve added and players we’ve recently lost, Kenny Foster could be a real contributor. Wonder if Wicks has tried to change his mind.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

On paper we suck, but we’ll see.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 pm Wyoming signs 2 senior transfers.

I recognized the name Jordan Nesbitt and couldn't figure out why.

Then I remembered...he made the rounds on the sports news media platforms in 2022 for calling the opposing team's cheerleaders "whor-es" and other slurs during a game in the A10 conference basketball tournament. One of the cheerleaders eventually stormed off of the court during the game and her coach lit into security personnel in the arena for not intervening. Was Mr. Nesbitt dominating the game and just feeling a little cocky? No - dude played 34 minutes in that game and didn't register a single point. He did have 5 rebounds though.

I hope his tune has changed and he doesn't bring an attitude like that with him to Wyoming.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:21 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 pm Wyoming signs 2 senior transfers.

I recognized the name Jordan Nesbitt and couldn't figure out why.

Then I remembered...he made the rounds on the sports news media platforms in 2022 for calling the opposing team's cheerleaders "whor-es" and other slurs during a game in the A10 conference basketball tournament. One of the cheerleaders eventually stormed off of the court during the game and her coach lit into security personnel in the arena for not intervening. Was Mr. Nesbitt dominating the game and just feeling a little cocky? No - dude played 34 minutes in that game and didn't register a single point. He did have 5 rebounds though.

I hope his tune has changed and he doesn't bring an attitude like that with him to Wyoming.
Oh wow, thanks for the information!

You’re right. I hate that we signed this guy. He is the opposite of who we should be signing. It was even worse than you describe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-w-s.html
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:12 am The athletics site has been regularly updating the Basketball roster page. A few nuggets from it:

1) DeWeese has been removed. Probably safe to say he is gone and has departed his office.

2) Agbim has been strangely added back to the roster with no mention anywhere. Id speculate that he might be announcing a re-commit to Wyoming.

3) Whitmore and Vandiver remain listed as assistant coaches. I’d be relatively surprised if Whitmore is retained because I don’t believe he and Wicks had any overlap (Whitmore is a Linder 2023 add).
Obi Agbim has re-committed to Wyoming.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:37 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:12 am The athletics site has been regularly updating the Basketball roster page. A few nuggets from it:

Good news! Kot panned out pretty well for us last season. Hoping Agbim will be the same or better caliber.

Speaking of strange additions to the roster, Dylan Warlick is also still listed. He decommitted on May 16. Wonder if he's in play again as well?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:55 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:37 pm
Good news! Kot panned out pretty well for us last season. Hoping Agbim will be the same or better caliber.

Speaking of strange additions to the roster, Dylan Warlick is also still listed. He decommitted on May 16. Wonder if he's in play again as well?
I don’t think he is. There haven’t been roster updates since his decommit that I’ve noticed. So he will probably be removed for the next update.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:01 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:55 pm

I don’t think he is. There haven’t been roster updates since his decommit that I’ve noticed. So he will probably be removed for the next update.
Warlick was removed from the roster today.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:19 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:01 pm
Warlick was removed from the roster today.
Warlock to St. Louis.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Henry, Agbim, Ebube and Nesbitt formally introduced today. I believe that leaves us with 3 open schollies. Kenny Foster would be a tremendous help to this roster next year.

https://gowyo.com/news/2024/5/24/m ...
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 61 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:40 pm Henry, Agbim, Ebube and Nesbitt formally introduced today. I believe that leaves us with 3 open schollies. Kenny Foster would be a tremendous help to this roster next year.

I really enjoyed Wick’s evaluation of each player…some very colorful phrasing and word choice. I think he will make for a great interview, and I bet he will get along well with the media.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:48 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:40 pm Henry, Agbim, Ebube and Nesbitt formally introduced today. I believe that leaves us with 3 open schollies. Kenny Foster would be a tremendous help to this roster next year.

I really enjoyed Wick’s evaluation of each player…some very colorful phrasing and word choice. I think he will make for a great interview, and I bet he will get along well with the media.
I agree. It’s really funny when you read Linder’s generic evaluations and compare to Wick’s. Although, to be honest Wicks is probably overhyping these guys but that’s what coaches are probably supposed to do to get the buy in.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

If Kenny can play I would agree, but his injury history suggests that his best basketball is in the rear view. I feel terribly for him.