Draft

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 151 times

Haven’t done an exact count but there’s only been like 4 players from non p5 schools drafted through 3+ rounds of the draft. I’ve noticed lots of guys who played 3 years at a school and then transferred to some p5 program getting drafted. I’d be curious to know real numbers. Maybe it’ll just affect the early rounds and late rounds will be exclusively smaller programs. Hell, half of Michigan’s team has already been drafted.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

I noticed that too. It’s ridiculous how the P5 has consolidated all the power, money, influence and bent all the rule and tipped the scales in their favor.

It makes me not care about college football whatsoever. Screw ‘em
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm I noticed that too. It’s ridiculous how the P5 has consolidated all the power, money, influence and bent all the rule and tipped the scales in their favor.

It makes me not care about college football whatsoever. Screw ‘em
Still no MW players selected through 147? I’ll have to check but I don’t think there has
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

1 mw player through nearly 6 rounds. Record year for OT and Crum still available.
W-Y, Until I Die!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 16 times

One round left. Might be best for Frank and Easton to not get drafted. Then they can be selective and go where they feel they have the best chance to make a team.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 130 times

Buffalo takes a lineman who has never played football over someone like Frank. Makes sense 🤔
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

2 total from MW. CSU and AF. None from Boise. Saw a guy who transferred from sdsu and of course Solomon Byrd get drafted. Sad what portal has done.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 130 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm 2 total from MW. CSU and AF. None from Boise. Saw a guy who transferred from sdsu and of course Solomon Byrd get drafted. Sad what portal has done.
Despite nil, the talent level in the mwc has dropped precipitously. Portal has had big impact but there are also other factors.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm 2 total from MW. CSU and AF. None from Boise. Saw a guy who transferred from sdsu and of course Solomon Byrd get drafted. Sad what portal has done.
Insane. There used to be lots of talent at the “G5” level. If there was any doubt, we are truly in tier two of CFB
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 84 times

I saw that Solomon Byrd got drafted but did not see any other former UW players who transferred who did.

It seems clear that if you want to get drafted your best bet to enter the transfer portal after a couple of years playing for any g5 team
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 233 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 am I saw that Solomon Byrd got drafted but did not see any other former UW players who transferred who did.

It seems clear that if you want to get drafted your best bet to enter the transfer portal after a couple of years playing for any g5 team
I think we will see Pregnon get drafted next year and Neyor has an outside shot if he can prove himself at Nebraska after the ACL and being buried in Texas’ talented depth chart. I’m not sure of any other players who have transferred in recent years who any of us thought might have nfl draft talent.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 110 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 am I saw that Solomon Byrd got drafted but did not see any other former UW players who transferred who did.

I think we will see Pregnon get drafted next year and Neyor has an outside shot if he can prove himself at Nebraska after the ACL and being buried in Texas’ talented depth chart. I’m not sure of any other players who have transferred in recent years who any of us thought might have nfl draft talent.
I think the ship has sailed for Neyor. Too bad. That dude is super talented.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 84 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:03 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm

I think the ship has sailed for Neyor. Too bad. That dude is super talented.
I checked out the stats from the Nebraska spring game. He had a couple of catches for 24 yards. The ar6ticles I read were mostly excited by the 5 star QB they signed.