How do you feel about the QB position

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am

I don’t get your point. It seems repetitive.

No one has said these things other than you sarcastically (over and over). Are you hoping to quote yourself when we don’t put up 40 point a game?
What are you talking about? Bohl made sure the offense ran like it did. It's now a completely new offense with tempo and trying to take advantage of elevation. Sounds like a mix of dc and bohl styles-- we'll know more after the start of the season.
Ragtime...Could you clarify your actual prediction/opinion? You have said the following:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:We struck gold on the hires and the lid is about to come off the offense

We've caught lightning in a bottle. I'm expecting to run roughshod over most of the schedule.

We'll probably lose Svoboda to the draft

He (Referring to Svoboda) makes nfl-level throws. We're lucky a big program didn't offer him big money likely because he was named starter. Unfortunately after he lights it up this year, we won't keep him from the draft.
Do these comments reflect your actual feelings about the upcoming season? Do you really believe Svoboda is in the top 10 to 15 nfl prospects in the nation (roughly that many get drafted)?

Are you excited (even considering your dislike for the promotion of Aaron Bohl) for this coaching staff?
Last edited by 307bball on Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I am excited but my expectations are tempered. I am excited because Svoboda made big plays in limited opportunities last year. I am tempered because he doesn’t have 2 full games worth of experience and his style could make him prone to injuries.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

307bball wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 am
Do these comments reflect your actual feelings about the upcoming season?
There are many unknowns but 1 thing is for certain, this is a message board. My feelings and opinions are as worthless as the rest.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 am
Do these comments reflect your actual feelings about the upcoming season?
There are many unknowns but 1 thing is for certain, this is a message board. My feelings and opinions are as worthless as the rest.
Umm ok I guess.... From that standpoint, are you against how Sawvell was hired? Is it all just throwing dung at the wall and seeing what sticks?

At a certain point... We are here to communicate something about a topic we care about. If what you're writing doesn't map into what you actually think about these topics... What's the goal?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

Umm ok I guess.... From that standpoint, are you against how Sawvell was hired? Is it all just throwing dung at the wall and seeing what sticks?
I doubt anyone wants to rehash that conversation, lol.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 232 times

At a certain point... We are here to communicate something about a topic we care about. If what you're writing doesn't map into what you actually think about these topics... What's the goal?
Ragtime just dances around the questions and is unlikely to provide any real answers.

His goal, as you indicate, appears to be ‘throw as much poop at the wall,’ and, also to make up things that no one has ever said, so later he can tell the small wyonation world just how right he is.

It’s bizarre for sure.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'm not sure why everyone is worried about Svoboda getting hurt. I'm thinking Alex Smith with a bigger arm. Can you imagine if Josh would have been running out of spread-like formations :shock: !? Assuming the line gets scored up (it will; that's a reload not rebuild group) a strong run game combined with a passing attack with tempo at elevation! Watch out.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm
Ragtime just dances around the questions and is unlikely to provide any real answers.

His goal, as you indicate, appears to be ‘throw as much poop at the wall,’ and, also to make up things that no one has ever said, so later he can tell the small wyonation world just how right he is.

It’s bizarre for sure.
I think I have a pretty good Idea about why most of us are here posting and sharing opinions on Cowboy athletics....If somebody (including me) posts something weird it can get discussed. If you want clarity or candor from ragtime...well...good luck.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Another huge question on just how many yards the O can rack up is the punter? Special teams can have a big impact on field position. If the punting game isn't decent, the O might get an opportunity to see a lot of long fields. Long fields + a little more uptempo O could mean some big yardage games!