BB transfer portal is open

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Nothing but a stepping stone University moreso than ever b4...transfer portal really sucks all excitement outta UW's program and fanbase...unless the jell just happens....gonna be hard to be a Cowboys fan...rebuild, rebuild, rebuild
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:01 pm Nothing but a stepping stone University moreso than ever b4...transfer portal really sucks all excitement outta UW's program and fanbase...unless the jell just happens....gonna be hard to be a Cowboys fan...rebuild, rebuild, rebuild
I may be the only one this pessimistic, you need some bricks to rebuild. We don’t have any. Looks very grim to me.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:01 pm Nothing but a stepping stone University moreso than ever b4...transfer portal really sucks all excitement outta UW's program and fanbase...unless the jell just happens....gonna be hard to be a Cowboys fan...rebuild, rebuild, rebuild
Yea...just a stepping stone to the likes of Radford and Drake.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:17 pm Bunch of people on here that have no clue what they are talking about lol…. Funny watching all of you think one thing and talk out of your asses and really have no idea what is actually going on. This forum is more like a women’s gossip group than a sports forum. So funny to watch.
If you have some insight as to what is really going on behind the scene of what was Wyoming MBB, I would really like you to enlighten me. I see us going out and getting some promising developmental players only to have them bail after one year. On the flip side, I see us going out and getting everyone's rejects for 1 year and playing the same game again after another disappointing season. Without continuity, there will never be a program...just a team chasing that "flash-in-a-pan" season that will increase the stock of all involved for the next gig. :rant:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Seattle just likes things and this team the way it is, year in and year out with no growth I guess....the making of an ncaa tourney every 8-15 years is status quo I guess(or at least hope in the near future) not very bright on the horizon
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:17 pm Bunch of people on here that have no clue what they are talking about lol…. Funny watching all of you think one thing and talk out of your asses and really have no idea what is actually going on. This forum is more like a women’s gossip group than a sports forum. So funny to watch.
Please, enlighten us then
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 106 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:56 pm How could it have gotten any worse than last year? Well It just did. Knew Burman was smoking something when he proclaimed he didn’t expect more to transfer. How could they be more out of touch. We all saw it.
This isn't anywhere close to worse than last year. Does it suck? Absolutely. This is the reality for most schools these days (see DePaul, Utah State, Arkansas, Iona, and countless others). Utah State made the tournament and won the conference this year FFS.

NIL and transfer rules need to be reigned in. Until they are it's going to be hard to be a college sports fan.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:21 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:56 pm How could it have gotten any worse than last year? Well It just did. Knew Burman was smoking something when he proclaimed he didn’t expect more to transfer. How could they be more out of touch. We all saw it.
This isn't anywhere close to worse than last year. Does it suck? Absolutely. This is the reality for most schools these days (see DePaul, Utah State, Arkansas, Iona, and countless others). Utah State made the tournament and won the conference this year FFS.

NIL and transfer rules need to be reigned in. Until they are it's going to be hard to be a college sports fan.
I have to laugh a little. You’re comparing our situation to Utah State, Arkansas and DePaul. One of those is not like the others…

All of those teams have had head coaching and staff changes. Last I checked, Linder hasn’t left…

It’s fine. We are fine. All is well. We just got unlucky that basketball powers and NIL deep pocket Radford and Drake took an interest in our young players.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm I am now officially concerned about Manyawu and Combs
What happens if / when Drake coach Darian Devries is poached for Arkansas? Not sure the "talent" soon to be transferring to Drake, will translate to being offered to transfer to Arkansas. Different $$$$, different conference, different level of athlete. :twocents:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:31 am
WYO1016 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm I am now officially concerned about Manyawu and Combs
What happens if / when Drake coach Darian Devries is poached for Arkansas? Not sure the "talent" soon to be transferring to Drake, will translate to being offered to transfer to Arkansas. Different $$$$, different conference, different level of athlete. :twocents:
DeVries was already poached by West Virginia. Coach Williams moved to Drake to coach alongside his college coach - Ben McCollum - who was just hired by Drake (and that we should have hired when we brought in Napoleon).

But, judging from others' posts - all is well and we have no reason to be concerned. Trust the process and the people that have brought us 3 NCAA tourney appearances in 20+ years. The cupboard is full and there is a chicken in every pot.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:18 am
Please, enlighten us then
Yes - please!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 am DeVries was already poached by West Virginia. Coach Williams moved to Drake to coach alongside his college coach - Ben McCollum - who was just hired by Drake (and that we should have hired when we brought in Napoleon).

But, judging from others' posts - all is well and we have no reason to be concerned. Trust the process and the people that have brought us 3 NCAA tourney appearances in 20+ years. The cupboard is full and there is a chicken in every pot.
Well then, LOL - I guess I am behind a bit. That, and I don't give a shit about much outside Wyoming!
Dear Karma,

LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:14 am
LawPoke wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 am DeVries was already poached by West Virginia. Coach Williams moved to Drake to coach alongside his college coach - Ben McCollum - who was just hired by Drake (and that we should have hired when we brought in Napoleon).

Well then, LOL - I guess I am behind a bit. That, and I don't give a shit about much outside Wyoming!
Things move fast, Peach. Unfortunately, for Wyoming, our version of "fast" is like blending poo without the lid on the blender. Things move quickly, but we are just left with crap all over the place.

Never fear, though, Jeff Bonaparte will lead us to the promised land.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:21 am

I’d say you are joking if we just came out of a MW championship and NCAA tourney. But we didn’t………. Yes it’s worse. I’m sure kids are just lining up to come join this dumpster fire…….., Lots of better options. Kids seem to think even Radford is better. Hell I’d never heard of this school. Ain’t lyin….. it’s worse. Far worse…….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Just bring on football season already…..
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Huh! What the hell just happened……
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:52 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:14 am

Things move fast, Peach. Unfortunately, for Wyoming, our version of "fast" is like blending poo without the lid on the blender. Things move quickly, but we are just left with crap all over the place.

Never fear, though, Jeff Bonaparte will lead us to the promised land.
LOL - thanks for that, I needed a chuckle today!
Dear Karma,

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 106 times

TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm
Maybe Linder has the right idea here. After all, we are 0-1 against Fort Lewis all time.

I was just thinking about how Fort Lewis beat us in the opening game of the 2015 season the year after we won the MWC tournament and went to the big dance. We actually raised the MWC Tournament championship banner that game and then proceeded to lose to Fort Lewis with a relatively large crowd in attendance.

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm
Jesus. How about we meet our new players in the middle and just go to the RMAC already.