Spring Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I see the Spring Game is at East High this year. Will they be allowing tailgates? If so, will booze be allowed?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I think this is a stupid idea...they are allowing fans in this Saturday to the War, but mentioned they couldn't for the spring game because of construction? Which is it UW?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:52 pm I think this is a stupid idea...they are allowing fans in this Saturday to the War, but mentioned they couldn't for the spring game because of construction? Which is it UW?
If I lived in Laramie I would probably be angry about this too. However, I see moving the spring game around the state as a good way to reach out and get people interested.

Side note: They're allowing people into the IPF to watch practice this Saturday, not The War.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:17 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:52 pm I think this is a stupid idea...they are allowing fans in this Saturday to the War, but mentioned they couldn't for the spring game because of construction? Which is it UW?
If I lived in Laramie I would probably be angry about this too. However, I see moving the spring game around the state as a good way to reach out and get people interested.

Side note: They're allowing people into the IPF to watch practice this Saturday, not The War.
It is an experience (War Memorial). East High? No thanks. I also think there is a better way to go about getting people interested than shoveling your major spring event out of town. Say, maybe, eh, host a practice in the following Wyoming communities (Casper, Cody, Rock Springs / Evanston, Sheridan / Gillette) - call it "outreach week" and host 4 practices outside of Laramie when you can and when the weather permits. Make it an event. The spring game should be where the team plays games, home in Laramie.

And yes, you are correct, but that was JUST announced, because of weather, not construction.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...