Sawvel to open up practice

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Coach Sawvel seems very different from coach Bohl. Players seem to love him. Hope the culture of hard work and discipline doesn't erode over time.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am Coach Sawvel sees very different from coach Bohl. Players seem to love him. Hope the culture of hard work and discipline doesn't erode over time.
That’s actually my worry too. Talking with him, he almost seems too nice and down to Earth.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am Coach Sawvel sees very different from coach Bohl. Players seem to love him. Hope the culture of hard work and discipline doesn't erode over time.
That’s actually my worry too. Talking with him, he almost seems too nice and down to Earth.
The days of tyrant coach have been numbered for sometime, even Bohl became more open and willing to listen to the players and their opinions/concerns over time. Sawvel's success or failure as head coach will depend on how well the team performs, not whether he is nice guy or a jerk. I suspect that with todays players being a nice guy works better but we will see over the next couple of seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Finally...a coach with common sense
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

doreno5 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

The days of tyrant coach have been numbered for sometime, even Bohl became more open and willing to listen to the players and their opinions/concerns over time. Sawvel's success or failure as head coach will depend on how well the team performs, not whether he is nice guy or a jerk. I suspect that with todays players being a nice guy works better but we will see over the next couple of seasons.
Very true. I believe Bertagnole returning says a lot about Sawvel, and the respect he has from him.

May 1 - 15 will tell the whole story I suppose……….
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:13 am
doreno5 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

Very true. I believe Bertagnole returning says a lot about Sawvel, and the respect he has from him.

May 1 - 15 will tell the whole story I suppose……….
Word is that shortly after Sawvel was introduced, Bertagnole walked into his office and asked if he could come back.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

If you’re playing for a middling g5 team, would you rather play for a players coach or an asshole, all things being equal?
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:38 pm If you’re playing for a middling g5 team, would you rather play for a players coach or an asshole, all things being equal?
You rather play for winners. Rest is window dressing.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.