Playoff negotiations

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Sounds like a little drama? Is a split near?
https://mikefarrellsports.com/college/e ... e-details-
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

the sec and big 10 need to take the top teams from the ACC and Big 12 and go do their own thing. there's already a split in the FBS, just make it official and let us get back to the actual college football and they can have the nfl minor league
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Can someone give me the cliff notes, please??
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:14 am the sec and big 10 need to take the top teams from the ACC and Big 12 and go do their own thing. there's already a split in the FBS, just make it official and let us get back to the actual college football and they can have the nfl minor league
I agree. I wonder why they haven't done it already? It seems to be in the works...so maybe it is just timing. Do they see analytics that say that an NFL-lite prep league might not be as popular as sticking with the myth of college athletics? I do wonder about the appeal of a BIG/SEC/Top of the Rest league. I also wonder about the effect on those of us left behind. Anecdotally, you hear fans of even BIG and SEC schools say that they like a true college atmosphere and don't want a sanctioned semi-pro league. My FIL says that if it happens, he won't watch Nebraska anymore and will become solely a Wyoming fan. I'm guessing he is in the minority, but I wonder what a "true college" league might do as a stand alone juxtaposed against the appeal of the big boys doing their own thing.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:57 am
laxwyo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:14 am the sec and big 10 need to take the top teams from the ACC and Big 12 and go do their own thing. there's already a split in the FBS, just make it official and let us get back to the actual college football and they can have the nfl minor league
I agree. I wonder why they haven't done it already? It seems to be in the works...so maybe it is just timing. Do they see analytics that say that an NFL-lite prep league might not be as popular as sticking with the myth of college athletics? I do wonder about the appeal of a BIG/SEC/Top of the Rest league. I also wonder about the effect on those of us left behind. Anecdotally, you hear fans of even BIG and SEC schools say that they like a true college atmosphere and don't want a sanctioned semi-pro league. My FIL says that if it happens, he won't watch Nebraska anymore and will become solely a Wyoming fan. I'm guessing he is in the minority, but I wonder what a "true college" league might do as a stand alone juxtaposed against the appeal of the big boys doing their own thing.
I think a "true" college league is what fans genuinely want. In practice it would be very hard to do in a world where there is a semi-pro prep league that is always taking the best young players away every year. Even if they split....unless there are transfer rules that are genuinely enforced...you end up in a very weird situation in regards to program stability.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

The good news is that come this fall, Wyoming will be winning a national championship in football!!

…on my PS5
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

NFL ownership has to be laughing all the way to the bank. Major college programs are falling all over themselves to spend on a developmental league for the NFL and the owners are having to foot any of the bills.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:32 pm Worth the read...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... cases/amp/
give the the Cliff Notes
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 am

give the the Cliff Notes
Basically saying there may be a 3 way split:
1) Big 2 (+ top of Big12 and ACC)
2) Rest of current FBS + top of FCS
3) Bottom of FCS
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 am

give the the Cliff Notes
Several court cases are working through that may impose heavy judgements against p5 and force a profit share/payment in the future. Many of the p5 may not be able to afford to play at the top level. Many at the top level may afford it but reduced football revenue will exacerbate the financial bleeding brought on by non-revenue sports.

College athletics is on edge of major transitions. It's going to be hard to be a fan.