Fastest Growing High School Sport

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

…is Girl’s wrestling.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/girls-fallin ... V5rMSU0lUM

I’ve said this before but Wyoming should drop golf or tennis and add Women’s wrestling. It is the fastest growing high school sport and we already have the facilities in place. It would cut costs and almost assuredly would have better attendance than golf or tennis. Should be a no brainer really.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

It gets a lot of attention in my part of Colorado.

Probably one of the smarter moves the wrestling "community" made. By growing the girls side of the sport, they can keep the men's sport alive because it will help colleges with their Title IX equity numbers. The next step of course it to get it recognized as an NCAA sport.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Lost Poke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:50 am It gets a lot of attention in my part of Colorado.

Probably one of the smarter moves the wrestling "community" made. By growing the girls side of the sport, they can keep the men's sport alive because it will help colleges with their Title IX equity numbers. The next step of course it to get it recognized as an NCAA sport.
That’s been done pretty much with the committee’s Feb. 24 recommendation. First NCAA championship is 2026. Iowa was smart and got ahead of the curve starting women’s wrestling this year where they are dominating. Iowa will be so far ahead of everyone else.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/ ... nship-2026
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Hell no. It is a novelty, that in 10 years will be dead (again).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

My daughter wrestles
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:17 am My daughter wrestles
My son's high school also has girls wrestling. I've met one of the team (friends with my son).