NIL at P4 per KW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

307bball wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:02 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:41 am
Utah is a top tier team nationally, like top 15. I stand by my numbers. MWC is now a huge step down from Utah anymore
With one million...you could probably do everything but a QB. That is pretty much a separate category. If NIL valuations are to be believed, Malachi Nelson (USC to BSU QB transfer) is at just over 800K. I think BSU has two other players Just north of 500K in valuation. If they get just over half of that donated to them...that is pretty much 1 million between just three players.

The MW (outside of BSU) is way behind on this stuff....Fresno, SDSU, and UNLV are trying to keep up with BSU. But Wyoming is behind those who are behind. Fortunately, I think that the effect of coaching, culture, and development will overcome that within the non-BSU group. But it won't overcome the gap the Boise State is creating...
Reading these $$ numbers takes everything I have to remain a college fan any longer.

It’s only my love for the Pokes, but it’s getting more difficult to keep interest. So disillusioned with all of this NIL crap! 💩
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

MrTitleist wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:05 pm Speaking of NIL... I don't know if anyone of you know anything about 1WYO, or who's running it, but I would be very curious to know how they're doing. Their social media is a virtual ghost town.. I never really see anything from them. I don't know if they don't know how to navigate social media, or if that's on purpose, or how they're getting word out there.
Which is weird, because as a whole, the athletic department and football specifically has certainly stepped up the marketing and social media the last several years. I've been pleasantly surprised.

But then we sit and complain about NIL...while severely dropping the ball on it. Burman has acknowledged the NIL issue, but it doesn't seem like much effort is actually being put into it.

As a local business owner....I don't have much, but I'd pitch in a few bucks here and there if I had a better sense of what we were doing here. As of right now, I don't fully understand or trust what we have going on with the 1WYO thing, and it doesn't seem like they're putting in any effort either. So why should I?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:46 pm
307bball wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:02 am

With one million...you could probably do everything but a QB. That is pretty much a separate category. If NIL valuations are to be believed, Malachi Nelson (USC to BSU QB transfer) is at just over 800K. I think BSU has two other players Just north of 500K in valuation. If they get just over half of that donated to them...that is pretty much 1 million between just three players.

The MW (outside of BSU) is way behind on this stuff....Fresno, SDSU, and UNLV are trying to keep up with BSU. But Wyoming is behind those who are behind. Fortunately, I think that the effect of coaching, culture, and development will overcome that within the non-BSU group. But it won't overcome the gap the Boise State is creating...
Reading these $$ numbers takes everything I have to remain a college fan any longer.

It’s only my love for the Pokes, but it’s getting more difficult to keep interest. So disillusioned with all of this NIL crap! 💩
Yeah, the new game isn't as much fun. If it ever gets to the point that they are employees, I don't know what I'd think about that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:55 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Yeah, the new game isn't as much fun. If it ever gets to the point that they are employees, I don't know what I'd think about that.
That happened yesterday pursuant to NLRB regional decision. I’m sure it will be appealed but seems like the decision is on solid ground.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenweave ... e33dbd3b5e
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:36 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:55 pm

That happened yesterday pursuant to NLRB regional decision. I’m sure it will be appealed but seems like the decision is on solid ground.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenweave ... e33dbd3b5e
Just keeps getting worse.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I have stated multiple times on here that I don’t support NIL payments and will not contribute a dime toward that despite the necessity of such payments to bring in good players under the current landscape.

Well Georgia’s QB just took his NIL payment and bought a Lambo:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... a78671caeb

So my question remains - would you rather donate to facilities and University improvements or would you rather take that money and donate to NIL so that a 20 year old kid can buy a Lambo?
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:32 am I have stated multiple times on here that I don’t support NIL payments and will not contribute a dime toward that despite the necessity of such payments to bring in good players under the current landscape.

Well Georgia’s QB just took his NIL payment and bought a Lambo:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... a78671caeb

So my question remains - would you rather donate to facilities and University improvements or would you rather take that money and donate to NIL so that a 20 year old kid can buy a Lambo?
Geez, I wanna 🤮