Press Conference on Wednesday (Possibly)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Ok, an unreliable source (I cant verify much info) has let me know of some "rumors" running around. Mind you, I dont speak to them, but found them interesting and thought it fun to share.

1. IF UW men lose tomorrow (and not a big if), expect a news conference for Wednesday. There will be a change.

2. Part of the problem right now with making a change is that the assistant coaches are speculating that IF schroyer is fired, then they will leave as well. Basically, they are all for one and one for all...if schroyer fired, they will all leave (or have threatened to).

3. Burman is basically living in his own little world about the status of the mens bb program and believes schroyer every time schroyer says they are "turning the corner." This is no big suprise to me, burman is deflecting any responsibility to the issues at hand.

4. The general "feeling" apparently is to try and wait for Christmas break for a coaching change. Schroyer is saying that everything will turn around in Conference play...and burman is drinking the coolaide. No suprise there.

Like I said, no confirmation on any of this....just a little bird.
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

On #4.... turn around in conference play?????? In our conference there are 3 Top 25 teams, 1 receiving votes, and EVERY, EVERY, one in our conference has a record above .500 even CSU??? REALLY?? Wait for our conference play?? We are 3-6 with us playing easy teams. Tell me Burman doesn't believe that.... please??
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

If Burman believes are will be better against our conference, then he should be fired too! I don't completely fault Burman for hiring his buddy but I was afraid that would mean he would be more reluctant to fire his buddy as well. Burman has made some great hires, with one terrible one.
W-Y, Until I Die!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

"On #4.... turn around in conference play?????? In our conference there are 3 Top 25 teams, 1 receiving votes, and EVERY, EVERY, one in our conference has a record above .500 even CSU??? REALLY?? Wait for our conference play?? We are 3-6 with us playing easy teams. Tell me Burman doesn't believe that.... please??"

I will not speculate as to what is believed and what is not believed. I will simply state the obvious...we are 3 and 6, losing to some terrible teams and no change has been made as of yet. I think we can all make the logical leap here, dont you?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:2. Part of the problem right now with making a change is that the assistant coaches are speculating that IF schroyer is fired, then they will leave as well. Basically, they are all for one and one for all...if schroyer fired, they will all leave (or have threatened to).
Do they really need any coaches? Maybe just someone to see that the jockstraps get washed.
They could just play their streetball till the end of the season. The coaches don't seem to be
doing much right now.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

"2. Part of the problem right now with making a change is that the assistant coaches are speculating that IF schroyer is fired, then they will leave as well. Basically, they are all for one and one for all...if schroyer fired, they will all leave (or have threatened to). "

IF the rumor is true, I doubt that the assistants would just walk away. Why would they? If they walk away, their paychecks stop immediately (unlike Schroyer who would get a buyout). No, they would stay on to fulfill the contracts, and collect their pay while they look for other work. Schroyer isn't going on to another HC job, so there is no reason for assts to stay loyal to that sinking ship.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

Who would leave a paying job for that dude?? I don't give a crap how loyal a person may be, but most of us have bills and family. I couldn't imagine telling my wife, I quit because my POS of a head coach left and I'm leaving too out of solidarity. I might as well get the economy size tub of lotion!
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

laxwyo wrote:Who would leave a paying job for that dude??
I'll tell you who...FRED LANGLEY!

Those 2 are inseparable hand-jobbers & reach around buddies! :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
I'll tell you who...FRED LANGLEY!

Those 2 are inseparable hand-jobbers & reach around buddies! :lol:
Coaches Dixon and Stewart would stay and would be fine. Maybe the kids might respect them enough to play harder. Langley and Schroyer can pack up now as far as I am concerned.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I would be willing to bet that the rumor is not true, but I wouldnt be upset if it actually happened. Honestly, what would be the reason for not doing it? We all know the team is not going to improve and be competitive in the MWC. (If you do believe we will be competitive, please tell me why ). In light of that, its almost certain the Schroyer woould be fired at the end of the season anyway. So why not do it now, let an assistant take over, we might see some extra fire in the kids, and in the mean time the whole coaching world knows there is a job opening in Laramie and we can start the search now.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

cheypoke wrote:I would be willing to bet that the rumor is not true, but I wouldnt be upset if it actually happened. Honestly, what would be the reason for not doing it? We all know the team is not going to improve and be competitive in the MWC. (If you do believe we will be competitive, please tell me why ). In light of that, its almost certain the Schroyer woould be fired at the end of the season anyway. So why not do it now, let an assistant take over, we might see some extra fire in the kids, and in the mean time the whole coaching world knows there is a job opening in Laramie and we can start the search now.
Well, that is my point. Why not leave an assistant run the program while you look for a new headcoach. To me, just the firing alone will start to get people back in the Dome of Doom. With DU at 2-9 (I think), they are just as bad as we are (well, maybe not "as bad" as they have played more quality opponents). But, from my understanding, the Pokes have "recruiting issues" if Schroyer stays on for too long.

WOW, word of this spread quickly. I wonder how many "sports writters" read this cause I "hear" there is a big clamp down in the athletics department on info. I wonder how many people called and emailed over this rumor? If it's not true, then why the clamp down? If its not true, then I really hope someone see's the light and lets Burman know that it is time to nut up or shut up!

I agree with you that it probably isn't true (to many cup cake non-conference games to play), I can hope and dream, right? Dream of Schroyer being dumped and sent on his merry way with visions of a solid mens basketball program dancing threw my head! Maybe Santa will bring us a change for Christmas.

On a last note that is likely to cause some discussion, where are all the McClean haters at? He isn't looking to bad right now, is he? Remember the days when we could complain that we were only a few games over .500? How nice it would be right now, huh? A .500 season would be a stellar accomplishment right now...but, that is only a pipe dream....a fairy tale Christmas.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

one-smooth-poke wrote: On a last note that is likely to cause some discussion, where are all the McClean haters at? He isn't looking to bad right now, is he? Remember the days when we could complain that we were only a few games over .500? How nice it would be right now, huh? A .500 season would be a stellar accomplishment right now...but, that is only a pipe dream....a fairy tale Christmas.
McClain is better than what we have now, but not the answer. We need a solid hire at this point.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

So should we root for DU tonight to see if this "rumor" comes to be true tomorrow?
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

PokePride.com wrote:So should we root for DU tonight to see if this "rumor" comes to be true tomorrow?
yes