SF Austin

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

ESPN analytics gives the Pokes a 42% chance of winning today. SFA is -1.5. It’s too early in the season to have a good feel for how they will do, but I gotta think they will win in the AA.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

I watched SFA beat West Virginia with Bob Huggins one year. They are hard nosed and tough.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Man, it’s difficult not to think about Graham and Cam on this team. Be monsters
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Nice game Cowboys coming back from down by ten to win by eight
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Great comeback in 2nd half. Thought we were dead a couple times. Sam Griffin is a great player . Kot takes the worst shots, but they go in
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I'll give this team credit - I thought we were looking at a Schroyer-type season.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

SFA was about as physical and pushy as any team we will play this year. They looked like a bunch of Hankersons on the court. Great win IMO.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

This team won't push for a conference title by any means, but they're a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

We are a good bit deeper than I thought. Our guards need to play much much cleaner. I hope Walters can contribute offensively, because Powell and the big Euro give us basically nothing on that end of the floor.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

Griffin and Manyawu have been fantastic. Griffin is a solid all-around player who should be in the all-conference discussion if he stays healthy. Manyawu is still a little raw, but his ceiling is very high. His hands are amazing - he saves us 2-3 turnovers every game with his ability to bring in less than ideal passes.

Kobe Newton has been a pleasant surprise. Great perimeter defender and a fantastic spot-up shooter - reminds me a lot of Drake Jeffries without as much length.

Kot has been a bit of a disappointment for me. His scoring ability hasn't really translated to this level. Sure, he gets a few acrobatic shots to fall here and there, but he also misses many ill-advised off-balance shots every game. In addition, he hasn't been particularly consistent from behind the arc. Kojenets appears to be another in a long list of underperforming 7 footers at UW. His European finesse game isn't precise enough to dominate, and he gets pushed around down low and can't finish in traffic. Speaking on not being able to finish at the rim...we need to start putting the ball in the hoop or learn how to draw a foul because we miss far too many lay-ups every single game.

Walters is the great unknown. If he can be a second consistent off-the-dribble scoring threat, Wyoming has the potential to finish in the top half of the conference.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

TheRealUW wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:42 am Griffin and Manyawu have been fantastic. Griffin is a solid all-around player who should be in the all-conference discussion if he stays healthy. Manyawu is still a little raw, but his ceiling is very high. His hands are amazing - he saves us 2-3 turnovers every game with his ability to bring in less than ideal passes.

Kobe Newton has been a pleasant surprise. Great perimeter defender and a fantastic spot-up shooter - reminds me a lot of Drake Jeffries without as much length.

Kot has been a bit of a disappointment for me. His scoring ability hasn't really translated to this level. Sure, he gets a few acrobatic shots to fall here and there, but he also misses many ill-advised off-balance shots every game. In addition, he hasn't been particularly consistent from behind the arc. Kojenets appears to be another in a long list of underperforming 7 footers at UW. His European finesse game isn't precise enough to dominate, and he gets pushed around down low and can't finish in traffic. Speaking on not being able to finish at the rim...we need to start putting the ball in the hoop or learn how to draw a foul because we miss far too many lay-ups every single game.

Walters is the great unknown. If he can be a second consistent off-the-dribble scoring threat, Wyoming has the potential to finish in the top half of the conference.
I've made the same comparison with Kobe Newton and Drake Jeffries. That's an important piece to have, as we learned last season.

Manyawu's biggest issue is fouls. That's something that will get cleaned up with experience, though. That dude is going to be a damn good player.

Kot is inconsistent, but I'm not sure disappointment is the right word. The dude has scored in double figures every game this season.

My biggest pleasant surprise this year is Caden Powell. That guy is a defensive MONSTER. Good rebounder, good shot blocker, good defensive positioning. Offense still needs work, but what a huge jump from last season!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Kojanets is better than a lot of the big guys (>6'10") we've had recently. That's not really saying much. But he's not completely worthless like some we've had

12-13' : Matt Sellers
14-15' : Jonathan Barnes
15-16': Jordan Naughton
Brodricks Jones
Javier Jones
Eoin Nelson
Nate Barnhart
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:38 pm Kojanets is better than a lot of the big guys (>6'10") we've had recently. That's not really saying much. But he's not completely worthless like some we've had

Brodricks Jones
Javier Jones
Eoin Nelson
Nate Barnhart
Murderer’s row right there lol. Naughton was probably the best
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:38 pm Kojanets is better than a lot of the big guys (>6'10") we've had recently. That's not really saying much. But he's not completely worthless like some we've had

Brodricks Jones
Javier Jones
Eoin Nelson
Nate Barnhart
Barnhart will be starting in Laramie next Wednesday.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:15 pm

Brodricks Jones
Javier Jones
Eoin Nelson
Nate Barnhart
His numbers are basically the same and what you'd expect with 9 more minutes a game.
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

Brodricks Jones
Javier Jones
Eoin Nelson
Nate Barnhart
The game is in El Paso
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

wyo 1 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:18 am

The game is in El Paso
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. We didn’t renew our season tickets this year.