Good Team Alert - Volleyball

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:21 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:53 pm
It’s the ‘NIT’ of volleyball. National Invitation Volleyball Championship. Wyoming also played in it 2017-2019.

It is determined by highest conference finisher not to make the NCAA tournament and then at large filled by highest RPI not to make the NCAAs. Cowgirls were a at large. The 11-0 non-conference season was huge for the Cowgirls.
So six other MWC schools made the NCAA tourney or this tourney?
No. Wyoming had a higher RPI than a few schools that finished higher in the conference standings.

Fresno State and Utah State in the NCAAs
Wyoming and UNLV in the NIVC.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Saw that Barlow didn’t play. That makes me nervous
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:14 am Saw that Barlow didn’t play. That makes me nervous
I’ve figured Tierney Barlow would have NIL being flashed at her. She is talented. I don’t know why she didn’t play. She wasn’t in any of the selection ‘watch party’ photos either. A poster on this board is apparently her uncle.

If Kasia Partyka had another available transfer, I’d bet she would have some NIL being flashed her way too by some big schools.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:18 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:14 am Saw that Barlow didn’t play. That makes me nervous
I’ve figured Tierney Barlow would have NIL being flashed at her. She is talented. I don’t know why she didn’t play. She wasn’t in any of the selection ‘watch party’ photos either. A poster on this board is apparently her uncle.

If Kasia Partyka had another available transfer, I’d bet she would have some NIL being flashed her way too by some big schools.
Yeah, I would suspect...she gone. sucks what college sports has turned into. The days of watching a start player grow and mature here are dead and gone.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming wins again in 3 sets!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cowgirls hosting Montana State in the 3rd round on Wednesday in Laramie! Cowgirls beat Montana State on a scrimmage in Cody to start the season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Big match tonight!

Tierney Barlow no longer on roster.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:09 pm Big match tonight!

Tierney Barlow no longer on roster.
Pfff Barlow. Bye. Not a cowgirl
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Well so much for volleyball
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ZapPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:01 am Well so much for volleyball
They had an awesome season! This is a team that was picked to finish last in the MWC and they were extremely close to making the final 4 of the NIVC losing in 5 sets. This team relied on several true freshmen and sophomores.

The disappointing part is that they would have beat Montana State had Tierney Barlow not entered the transfer portal before the season finished. I don’t know the volleyball transfer window but against Montana State we really lacked the player who could put the ball away with the kill.

In any event - if the rest of the team sticks together, watch out next year!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Tough loss. They fought hard. Pretty decent season!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Tough loss. They fought hard. Pretty decent season!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:36 am
ZapPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:01 am Well so much for volleyball
They had an awesome season! This is a team that was picked to finish last in the MWC and they were extremely close to making the final 4 of the NIVC losing in 5 sets. This team relied on several true freshmen and sophomores.

The disappointing part is that they would have beat Montana State had Tierney Barlow not entered the transfer portal before the season finished. I don’t know the volleyball transfer window but against Montana State we really lacked the player who could put the ball away with the kill.

Uche’s daughter is going to be good if she keeps improving. She filled in well for the girl that quit the team
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:16 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:36 am

Uche’s daughter is going to be good if she keeps improving. She filled in well for the girls that quit the team
I don’t think anyone left other than Tierney. Am I missing someone?

But Udezue looks to be the real deal! Her serve is awesome. The three true freshman that started last night (Paige, Udezue and Sierra) could be really good. I also want to see freshman Abi Milby play next year. In warmups she appears to be one of the most athletic players you will see (can jump out of the building).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:28 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:16 am

Uche’s daughter is going to be good if she keeps improving. She filled in well for the girls that quit the team
I don’t think anyone left other than Tierney. Am I missing someone?

But Udezue looks to be the real deal! Her serve is awesome. The three true freshman that started last night (Paige, Udezue and Sierra) could be really good. I also want to see freshman Abi Milby play next year. In warmups she appears to be one of the most athletic players you will see (can jump out of the building).
You were too quick. Girl. Singular, yes.