MWC, MAC, and Sunbelt

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

3 conferences in G5 without ranked team in their championship.

Amazing how far the MWC has fallen.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Amazing how the bottom just dropped out of Air Force. They looked like by far the best of the G5 at 8-0.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Blame AF and Fresno. They both crapped the bed.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:48 am Amazing how the bottom just dropped out of Air Force. They looked like by far the best of the G5 at 8-0.
If they would have dropped the bottom out against the Pokes we might be in the MW CG tomorrow. Larrier made a big difference and the Pokes decided to change the 2nd half game plan - not for the better. We should have won that game. And then the officials……… woulda, coulda, sh—
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:48 am Amazing how the bottom just dropped out of Air Force. They looked like by far the best of the G5 at 8-0.
Totally right. I thought for sure they would be playing for the MWC title. It is amazing how fast they fell to just average.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Lets build a super-conference with these 3 and see where it goes
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

An argument could be made that the MWC hasn't necessarily "fallen"; it's just become the new Conference of Cannibals (usurping the PAC-12s role) due to parity.

As for Air Force, I don't know why anyone is surprised. Anyone who was actually paying attention knew they had one of the softest SoS's in the entire country, and everyone who knows anything about CFB knows that while the triple option does well against inferior competition and can occasionally trip up equal or slightly better opponents, it's [generally] not sustainable long-term against quality competition. How many triple option conference champions have we seen in the last 20 years in FBS? Literally none.

AFA does this every year...they have a soft as baby sh*t OoC schedule that they go nuclear on, then they trip up one or two conference mates, and then they sh*t the bed. Which is why they consistently look strong early and have great overall records, but only have one MWCCG appearance (in which they lost).
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:15 am An argument could be made that the MWC hasn't necessarily "fallen"; it's just become the new Conference of Cannibals (usurping the PAC-12s role) due to parity.

As for Air Force, I don't know why anyone is surprised. Anyone who was actually paying attention knew they had one of the softest SoS's in the entire country, and everyone who knows anything about CFB knows that while the triple option does well against inferior competition and can occasionally trip up equal or slightly better opponents, it's [generally] not sustainable long-term against quality competition. How many triple option conference champions have we seen in the last 20 years in FBS? Literally none.

AFA does this every year...they have a soft as baby sh*t OoC schedule that they go nuclear on, then they trip up one or two conference mates, and then they sh*t the bed. Which is why they consistently look strong early and have great overall records, but only have one MWCCG appearance (in which they lost).
I would love, for once, to NOT have AFA on our schedule early - when they are healthy, and not exposed.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...