Hawaii +13.5

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I’m not much of a gambler but I’m tempted to take Hawaii with that spread. I think the Pokes will win, but not by >14
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:22 pm I’m not much of a gambler but I’m tempted to take Hawaii with that spread. I think the Pokes will win, but not by >14
In whichever battered or bruised ego this team is in I'd rarely EVER take the Pokes favored with that high of spread EVER, in ANY season
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Hawaii +430 on the money line. After last week's performance, I think it's questionable we even win the game.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I'd like to see Seattle's take on this.

I was surprised it was that high. I haven't paid too close of attention to HI. Is their run D bad?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 am I'd like to see Seattle's take on this.

I was surprised it was that high. I haven't paid too close of attention to HI. Is their run D bad?
They just held Air Force to 4.3 YPC. Which is better than any other Mountain West team has managed this year. Wyoming has given up the most BTW (6.7).
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:00 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 am I'd like to see Seattle's take on this.

They just held Air Force to 4.3 YPC. Which is better than any other Mountain West team has managed this year. Wyoming has given up the most BTW (6.7).
The line sounds to good to be true which has me wondering, lol.

Seattle, we need you, man. What's up with this line?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Wyo is -14! We don't cover is my feeling--

I am thinking Wyoming 27-Hawaii 21. We do not cover, but we win. Crowd smaller, but last time I was way off!

BTW-My grandsons are in town on Saturday( too young yet to take them to Laramie) so I have my 4 GREAT seats 45 yd line plus stadium parking. Rows 21 and 22-front and back to each other. $100 for all-PM me or email me at [email protected]. WEST SIDE lower section
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

No way we cover +13.5. They can score - we can't. They just beat the legs off of AFA and their running game. I'd actually take Hawaii outright if I was the gambling sort. Our lines, secondary, QB, and WR are hot garbage. I don't know if we can score 14 - no less win by 14.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

I am not a gambler but Wyoming always seems to play to the level of weaker competition so there is no way I would lay that many points.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

Wyoming couldn't beat Sheridan by 14. Hammer this.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Vegas isn’t dumb. There must be some matchup reason they see the game with this kind of spread. However, I predict the line will be about -10.5 by game time.

But there are few FCS teams where Wyoming should be a 2 TD favorite given Bohl’s style of play. This is very strange.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:57 pm Vegas isn’t dumb. There must be some matchup reason they see the game with this kind of spread. However, I predict the line will be about -10.5 by game time.

But there are few FCS teams where Wyoming should be a 2 TD favorite given Bohl’s style of play. This is very strange.
We played on friday. They played on Saturday and now have to travel 3 time zones to play us. Plus, they played on the mainland 2 weeks ago. That's a lot of back and forth. That aside, there is no reason they should be that big an underdog. They might clock us pretty good.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Not my favorite game to wager on this weekend by any means.

I do think this is a pretty good spot for Wyoming here though. Wyoming’s last 3 losses have all been on the road against teams that are pretty decent this year and we all know Bohl isn’t good on the road.

Different story at home though. Wyoming is in a spot where they need to get another win under their belt and shouldn’t lose to a team as bad as Hawaii.

Hawaii winning last week was somewhat of a fluke, just like AFA’s loss the week before to a bad Army team. AFA seems to have a bad turnover problem going on all of the sudden. They had 6 turnover against Army along with getting stopped on downs twice, so basically 8 turnovers vs Army.
Then last weekend vs Hawaii they turned the ball over 4 times and had one of them returned for a TD by Hawaii. AFA also missed a chip shot 27 yard fg.

You are actually getting some line value with Wyoming because Hawaii got a fluke win and Wyoming hasn’t played well on the road against far better teams than Hawaii. This spread would have been Wyoming -19 or -20 the week before the Boise St game.

Hawaii basically just beat the top dog in the conference and shot their load as the last place or next to last place team. They will probably be a little flat this week to start the game. Wyoming should be able to move the ball at will on these guys and I can see Wyoming winning this game by 3 scores.

I told you guys to take New Mexico when Hawaii played the Lobos in Albuquerque a couple of weeks back and the Lobos beat them by 21. I see the same thing happening here.

As fans people over react too much a lot of the times and don’t see the forest for the trees. As a fan I have been guilty of that at times in my life also. Comes with being a fan.

Again this isn’t my favorite game to wager on this weekend but that is basically how I see this game and I think Wyoming is the right side in this game if you can get them at -13.5 or less.

Good luck if you guys play it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm Not my favorite game to wager on this weekend by any means.

I do think this is a pretty good spot for Wyoming here though. Wyoming’s last 3 losses have all been on the road against teams that are pretty decent this year and we all know Bohl isn’t good on the road.

Different story at home though. Wyoming is in a spot where they need to get another win under their belt and shouldn’t lose to a team as bad as Hawaii.

Hawaii winning last week was somewhat of a fluke, just like AFA’s loss the week before to a bad Army team. AFA seems to have a bad turnover problem going on all of the sudden. They had 6 turnover against Army along with getting stopped on downs twice, so basically 8 turnovers vs Army.
Then last weekend vs Hawaii they turned the ball over 4 times and had one of them returned for a TD by Hawaii. AFA also missed a chip shot 27 yard fg.

You are actually getting some line value with Wyoming because Hawaii got a fluke win and Wyoming hasn’t played well on the road against far better teams than Hawaii. This spread would have been Wyoming -19 or -20 the week before the Boise St game.

Hawaii basically just beat the top dog in the conference and shot their load as the last place or next to last place team. They will probably be a little flat this week to start the game. Wyoming should be able to move the ball at will on these guys and I can see Wyoming winning this game by 3 scores.

I told you guys to take New Mexico when Hawaii played the Lobos in Albuquerque a couple of weeks back and the Lobos beat them by 21. I see the same thing happening here.

As fans people over react too much a lot of the times and don’t see the forest for the trees. As a fan I have been guilty of that at times in my life also. Comes with being a fan.

Again this isn’t my favorite game to wager on this weekend but that is basically how I see this game and I think Wyoming is the right side in this game if you can get them at -13.5 or less.

Here's where I disagree: Hawaii has as many conference wins as we do. So I'm not sure they are as bad as you say. Secondly, we haven't scored more than 27 points in a game since New Mexico. And lastly, we've only won one game this year by double digits (Portland St.). I'm pretty sure Hawaii is better than Portland state. It seems like no team scores fewer points than we do. That's why 13.5 seems monumental.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:25 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm Not my favorite game to wager on this weekend by any means.

Here's where I disagree: Hawaii has as many conference wins as we do. So I'm not sure they are as bad as you say. Secondly, we haven't scored more than 27 points in a game since New Mexico. And lastly, we've only won one game this year by double digits (Portland St.). I'm pretty sure Hawaii is better than Portland state. It seems like no team scores fewer points than we do. That's why 13.5 seems monumental.
agree. I bet we win by 3 or less or lose. Hawaii played AF better than us, UNLV better than us, played Vanderbilt and Stanford tough, and beat a decent NM State team. On paper they are not that much worse than us IMO. We are on a downswing and they are on an upswing. I am preparing for a bitter loss at home
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:25 am

Hawaii is 2-4 in the conference (they started 0-4). We are 3-3.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO will beat Hawaii, for the seniors if nothing else. By 13.5 though? No way in hell.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Really don't know who will win it and thats hard to say!! Find a way Pokes
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Changing my mind of Wyoming today. Not that I was ever wagering on it anyways. The reason is because Wyoming has WAY too much money coming in on them. Doesn’t mean they can’t cover but usually when they have this much money on them they won’t cover. That’s why I alway wait until game day to finalize my wagers so I can see where the money is flowing.

This is what I’m playing today

Kansas +10
Tennessee +10
Arizona ML -125
Oregon St. ML -125

In MWC

Air Force -2.5 (Perfect spot to buy low on AFA and sell high on UNLV)

Good luck on your wagers today.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

A $100 bet would have been worth how much?