Today’s game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

If we manage to pull out this win it will be a blessing from the basketball gods. We've been ice cold shooting in the 2nd half.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Our guard play is bad. It's really going to hold us back this year. Down low we are really strong, though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Our guards suck. We could be really dangerous next year if we can get a few
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

I disagree. Guards are definitely having a tough game, but they're going to be pretty damn good. As the season moves along we'll adjust to run more through the post and less through the guards, which should open things up at the arc.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:02 pm I disagree. Guards are definitely having a tough game, but they're going to be pretty damn good. As the season moves along we'll adjust to run more through the post and less through the guards, which should open things up at the arc.
Hope so. Kot was horrible all game and Griffin in the 2nd half. They lost us the game
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Bad shooting did us in this game. St Louis shooting at a 47% overall compared to our 35%, and they are making 40% of the threes to our 14%.

I like that we seem to be a lot better at rebounding this year or at least during this game, but we got to find some more offense or get some shots to go down. We were just off today or at least specifically the second half
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Holy poop griffin made one
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WyomingAgJ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:04 pm Bad shooting did us in this game. St Louis shooting at a 47% overall compared to our 35%, and they are making 40% of the threes to our 14%.

I like that we seem to be a lot better at rebounding this year or at least during this game, but we got to find some more offense or get some shots to go down. We were just off today or at least specifically the second half
I love that we are better rebounding. Haven't seen that in YEARS.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

Wyomings starting guards are terrible. The big guys kept them in the game and they could have won but the guards lost this game

Kot 8 turnovers and 2-9 from 3 and 4-17 overall. Terrible

Griffin 1-6 from 3.

Wenzel 0-4 from 3. But atleast Wenzel rebounds and doesn’t turn the ball over.

Kot is the main reason for the loss and Griffin is a close 2nd. Can’t have guys keep firing up 3’s when you aren’t making them and keep turning the Ball over.

Would rather have guards on the bench play as long as they don’t turn the ball over. Horrible starting guard play.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAgJ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:04 pm Bad shooting did us in this game. St Louis shooting at a 47% overall compared to our 35%, and they are making 40% of the threes to our 14%.

Yep. Especially the 2nd half. I'll bet we're shooting around 20% overall since the break.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:06 pm Wyomings starting guards are terrible. The big guys kept them in the game and they could have won but the guards lost this game

Griffin 1-6 from 3.

Kot is the main reason for the loss and Griffin is a close 2nd. Can’t have guys keep firing up 3’s when you aren’t making them and keep turning the Ball over.

Would rather have guards on the bench play as long as they don’t turn the ball over. Horrible starting guard play.
If the guards are going to suck this bad might as well toss it down low to Manyawu, Kojonets and Powell every play. Horrendous guard play.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Overall this team is a hell of a lot better than I thought we'd see this year. We'll be a tough out for sure. I have zero expectations of post season play, but this will be a fun team to follow.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:09 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:06 pm Wyomings starting guards are terrible. The big guys kept them in the game and they could have won but the guards lost this game

Griffin 1-6 from 3.

If the guards are going to suck this bad might as well toss it down low to Manyawu, Kojonets and Powell every play. Horrendous guard play.
I agree.

I would rather have Newton start. He at least plays defense and had 6 rebounds and can actually hit the 3.

Kot is horrible. Griffin I think could be good but he has to realize when he isn’t making 3’s stop shooting them. Kot as a starting guard can’t have 2 assists and 8 turnovers. That won’t cut it in Division 1 basketball. Actually that won’t cut it in grade school. That is horrible.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:05 pm I love that we are better rebounding. Haven't seen that in YEARS.
Yeah maybe since McClain? Schroyer was horrible, Shyatt actively coach the team to not offensive rebound and had everybody run back on defense, Edwards I think did the same strategy of no rebounding only with far worse results then Shyatt, and the first few years of Linder have been better on rebounding but still not all that consistent.

I'm hoping these rebounding results continue through the year, so nice to see us get second and third opportunities on and offensive possession, It just was terrible that we still kept missing basically layups on so many of them
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:12 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:09 pm
I agree.

I would rather have Newton start. He at least plays defense and had 6 rebounds and can actually hit the 3.

Kot is horrible. Griffin I think could be good but he has to realize when he isn’t making 3’s stop shooting them. Kot as a starting guard can’t have 2 assists and 8 turnovers. That won’t cut it in Division 1 basketball. Actually that won’t cut it in grade school. That is horrible.
Bad thing is I don't see any other options on the roster. Maybe Theodosiu if he can be unspectacular, but solid and not turn the ball over. I take it Linder doesn't think Combs or Cook are ready for prime time
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:12 pm Kot is horrible. Griffin I think could be good but he has to realize when he isn’t making 3’s stop shooting them. Kot as a starting guard can’t have 2 assists and 8 turnovers. That won’t cut it in Division 1 basketball. Actually that won’t cut it in grade school. That is horrible.
While I agree that Kot had a bad game that absolutely cannot be repeated, he is the player on our team with the highest output ceiling. When he's on he's unstoppable. The dude is lightning fast. He does run out of control, though, and when he gets in shooting slumps he tries to shoot his way out of them. Those are things that can be corrected with coaching. His ability to get through the lane and find open shots is uncanny, though.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:08 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:12 pm Kot is horrible. Griffin I think could be good but he has to realize when he isn’t making 3’s stop shooting them. Kot as a starting guard can’t have 2 assists and 8 turnovers. That won’t cut it in Division 1 basketball. Actually that won’t cut it in grade school. That is horrible.
While I agree that Kot had a bad game that absolutely cannot be repeated, he is the player on our team with the highest output ceiling. When he's on he's unstoppable. The dude is lightning fast. He does run out of control, though, and when he gets in shooting slumps he tries to shoot his way out of them. Those are things that can be corrected with coaching. His ability to get through the lane and find open shots is uncanny, though.
We definitely need kot to play well for us. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. It is possible the increased competition might make kot more insignificant, but I feel like he just had a bad game.
W-Y, Until I Die!
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

Cut down on the turnovers and we can compete. A stat I like: 94.1% from the free throw line.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Loving what I'm seeing here Powell has truly showed me alot so far, fun team to watch, keep it up