Why didn't Waylee play in first quarter?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Was Bohl asked this in the postgame? The supposition was that he missed a curfew or something a la Brian Hill Poinsettia Bowl.

If that's it, it's just another example of Bohl being a d**khead. Brian Hill, Titus Swen, now Waylee..... Why punish the whole team and fan base by sitting (or dismissing) a KEY IRREPLACEABLE player? When I played sports and broke the rules, I still played, but the coaches made me run my ass off as a penalty at practice.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand

nm
Last edited by GOWYO on Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Yeah it was some BS one quarter suspension
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

In the past Bohl has played favorites at times with players, especially key players. For Waylee to get a quarter suspension, he probably did something legit to deserve it.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

I don't have a problem with this at all. There is a consequence for every action...at least there used to be.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

TheRealUW wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:15 pm I don't have a problem with this at all. There is a consequence for every action...at least there used to be.
I agree with making him sit if he violated a team rule and the consequences were made known beforehand to all the team. The lat thing you can have on sny team is not being evenhanded once a rule and the consequences of breaking it are known.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a consequence for breaking a rule. I just think the consequence should be different and not hurt the team's chances of winning.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

I absolutely agree with you. There is better ways to go about this. I honestly thing Craig Bohl does not realize Waylee is his best player on the roster. Its not Peasley as much as he makes himself believe that.

Contrary to both Craig Bohl and Andrew Peasley's comments, we would not have gone down 21-0 with Waylee playing. He just is so much faster, quicker, and shiftier than Scott it is not even comparable. Bohl needs to get with the times because I could see this being another Swen/James situation.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

doreno5 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:45 pm
TheRealUW wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:15 pm I don't have a problem with this at all. There is a consequence for every action...at least there used to be.
I agree with making him sit if he violated a team rule and the consequences were made known beforehand to all the team. The lat thing you can have on sny team is not being evenhanded once a rule and the consequences of breaking it are known.
I’m in agreement. You allow certain players to violate a rule without consequence and are inconsistent with enforcement you’ll lose respect of the rest of the team.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:22 pm
doreno5 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:45 pm
I’m in agreement. You allow certain players to violate a rule without consequence and are inconsistent with enforcement you’ll lose respect of the rest of the team.
I disagree. Game suspensions should be reserved for major infractions. If it's not enough for a full game, then a quarter is stupid. If a coach can't figure out a way to teach a guy a lesson without publicly shaming them, I question his leadership.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:59 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:22 pm

I disagree. Game suspensions should be reserved for major infractions. If it's not enough for a full game, then a quarter is stupid. If a coach can't figure out a way to teach a guy a lesson without publicly shaming them, I question his leadership.
With everyone upset about a 1/4 suspension there would have been a lot of howling for a full game suspension.

Rules aren’t meant to be broken with kids. We might all think the rule is dumb, and might be, but if there is a rule it has to be enforced, and consistently.

None of us know what happened, the rtule he might have broken.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:53 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:59 pm

With everyone upset about a 1/4 suspension there would have been a lot of howling for a full game suspension.

Rules aren’t meant to be broken with kids. We might all think the rule is dumb, and might be, but if there is a rule it has to be enforced, and consistently.

What program has a rule with a pre set 1/4 game suspension as a penalty? You're right, I don't know what happened, but there's nothing I can think of that makes a partial game suspension an intelligent way to change behavior.

Benching a guy is fine. That's not the same as a suspension. Failed drug test? Academic issues? That can all be handled off the field.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Honestly, it's one of the things I respect about Bohl. Nobody is above the team and no game is more important than the team.

I have no idea what the issue was so won't comment much.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:11 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:53 pm

What program has a rule with a pre set 1/4 game suspension as a penalty? You're right, I don't know what happened, but there's nothing I can think of that makes a partial game suspension an intelligent way to change behavior.

Benching a guy is fine. That's not the same as a suspension. Failed drug test? Academic issues? That can all be handled off the field.
Evidently, Bohls program. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen it. I believe he sat Brian Hill for a quarter.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:43 am Honestly, it's one of the things I respect about Bohl. Nobody is above the team and no game is more important than the team.

I have no idea what the issue was so won't comment much.
I'm with you. Of all the justified things to criticize Bohl for, off-field discipline is not one. So many programs do this stuff the wrong way in the interest of winning football games. Wyoming is not one of them and I am proud of that.