WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Up 11
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

Kot and Griffin definitely look like seniors.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:19 pm Kot and Griffin definitely look like seniors.
They are all we’ve got. Need another scorer or two
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

Griffin and Kot look like guards that can compete in the MWC. My one concern with Kot is his size. He is a very slight guy - he is going to need defensive help when we run into bigger guards that can post him up.

As far as front court players go, I like the look of Manyawu. He has a big frame and has soft hands. He still doesn't quite know what to do with the ball on the offensive end, but he looks like our best rebounder and gives us some semblance of a rim protector down low.

Kojenets, the 7 footer, is having a rough night in a game he should be able to dominate. Very weak with the ball in his hands and doesn't attack the rim. Dude had 3-4 opportunities to dunk the ball and he settled for lay-ups instead. Those shots will get swatted into the crowd by the front court players he will be up against in the MWC.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

The Canadian needs a haircut.

*gen-x guy yells at clouds
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:37 pm Griffin and Kot look like guards that can compete in the MWC. My one concern with Kot is his size. He is a very slight guy - he is going to need defensive help when we run into bigger guards that can post him up.

As far as front court players go, I like the look of Manyawu. He has a big frame and has soft hands. He still doesn't quite know what to do with the ball on the offensive end, but he looks like our best rebounder and gives us some semblance of a rim protector down low.

Kojenets, the 7 footer, is having a rough night in a game he should be able to dominate. Very weak with the ball in his hands and doesn't attack the rim. Dude had 3-4 opportunities to dunk the ball and he settled for lay-ups instead. Those shots will get swatted into the crowd by the front court players he will be up against in the MWC.
I wouldn’t say the 7fter is having a rough night. 10pts on 5-8 and 5 rebounds. There’s definitely a few he could have taken harder to the rim but saying he’s had a rough night is a bit much

Cook and Many both look like they have some talent
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Pokes are rolling
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Ass kicking tonight. Not sure what we learned tonight though.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

Tough to get too excited with competition like that, but we looked better than I thought we would.

Hats off to Northern New Mexico for taking an 8 hour bus ride to Laramie to play the game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:08 pm The Canadian needs a haircut.

*gen-x guy yells at clouds
I call that the pomp-a-doodle. It’s the “ I don’t care, but I actually really care a lot” hairdo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cam is a great athlete with size and a high motor. Griffin is very good
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Definitely a better team! How much? No idea. Go Pokes!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:14 pm Definitely a better team! How much? No idea. Go Pokes!
We know we;re marginally better than a D-II team and a lot better than an NAIA team. I wouldn't necessarily say yet we're much better than last year's team. I think last year's team would have produced similar results vs the same competition. I know we're a much, much, much more likable team than last year!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Kot is QUICK. That dude is going to be a big problem for every team we play.

Griffin has the handles we've been desperately seeking for the past 3 seasons. He and Kot are going to be the stars of this years team.

Newton is one hell of a defensive player.

Manyawu is going to be an absolute monster. His timing for grabbing boards is insanely good. He's got a long ways to go on offense, and he's got to work on ball security, but all of that can be coached.

Kojenets is big, but he needs to get way more aggressive.

Theodosieau is a pretty decent PG for a true frosh.

Combs is going to be one hell of a shooter, but will take time to develop.

Powell has gotten quite a bit better over the offseason. He's not much of an offensive threat, but he'll do pretty well against the bigs in the MW.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Sounds like we might have a fun team to watch come conference time