Season Tickets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

I just received a card from the Cowboy Joe Club regarding my seats. In a nutshell ... Give us money and we'll give you good seats. So it begins.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Technically they say give us money and we will give you priority points to pick seats earlier.

I’m not leaving my seats on the east end.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

The majority of people that will be affected are people that have grandfathered seats and don't donate at the required level. If you're sitting on the 50 yard line you will have to donate $500/seat to keep your seats. If you're already donating $500/seat you'll have similar (if not identical) seating. It's pretty simple.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Still hate the idea of long time loyal fans having the arm put on them.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:10 am The majority of people that will be affected are people that have grandfathered seats and don't donate at the required level. If you're sitting on the 50 yard line you will have to donate $500/seat to keep your seats. If you're already donating $500/seat you'll have similar (if not identical) seating. It's pretty simple.
You think it is only going to be $500 per seat, or is that a fact? Does it depend on location - similar to the AA debacle?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:43 am
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:10 am The majority of people that will be affected are people that have grandfathered seats and don't donate at the required level. If you're sitting on the 50 yard line you will have to donate $500/seat to keep your seats. If you're already donating $500/seat you'll have similar (if not identical) seating. It's pretty simple.
You think it is only going to be $500 per seat, or is that a fact? Does it depend on location - similar to the AA debacle?
Isn’t it pick your seat based on priority points? Therefore and if so, it will be a slimmed down version of the AA reseating (only impacting lower west stands).

Either way, east side is better.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:04 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:43 am

Isn’t it pick your seat based on priority points? Therefore and if so, it will be a slimmed down version of the AA reseating (only impacting lower west stands).

It is based on priority points, yes (from what I deciphered from the long winded emails and letters). Just wondering if you are located from 45 to 45 if you pay $1,000 a seat in premium and 35 - 45 you pay $750 a seat in premium and then 35 - 20 is $500 a seat in premium, or something like that.

Why do you feel the east side is better? Other than sun in the afternoon of cold games...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:28 am

It is based on priority points, yes (from what I deciphered from the long winded emails and letters). Just wondering if you are located from 45 to 45 if you pay $1,000 a seat in premium and 35 - 45 you pay $750 a seat in premium and then 35 - 20 is $500 a seat in premium, or something like that.

Why do you feel the east side is better? Other than sun in the afternoon of cold games...
I can't answer for everyone on the eastside but in addition to being in the sun it is the side the students and the team are on. The west side does not feel like as much fun. That and it is easier to enter and exit to most of the parking.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

I have a feeling with the addition of the club seating on that side the seat donation level will most likely remain the same for the lower side. They'll rake people over the coals for the club seats, though, just like they do for the Wildcatter.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Similar to Doreno’s comments, having the students on the east side is a big plus. It actually feels like a college football game. I also enjoy that the east side attracts lots of families with young pokes fans (probably because the tickets haven’t been tied up for decades). Number 1 for me though is that I’ve never been told to ‘sit down’ on the east side nor felt like I had to control my excitement. I have had nothing but unpleasant experiences on the West Side; sometimes feeling like I was at church rather than a football game. Those that like the sit in your seat quietly atmosphere, I suppose I’m glad we can offer something for everyone.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I have no knowledge of WYO season tickets or how they work, but can you renew the same seats every year or is it a battle to repick based on your loyalty points?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:38 am I have no knowledge of WYO season tickets or how they work, but can you renew the same seats every year or is it a battle to repick based on your loyalty points?
You get your season tickets, then each year when you renew you get the same seats unless you request new ones. Next season will be the priority point battle, but that will only be one year. After that its back to business as usual.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Looks like they're also providing some pathways for people to try and sit with people they've sat by for a number of years. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to shake out though. I've had the same seats since 2013 in Section D and so has everyone around us. I feel bad for a lot of the folks by us that have "inherited" (can't think of a better way to say it) their seats from parents/grandparents.

Change happens though, and these renovations are stupidly long overdue.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:40 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:38 am I have no knowledge of WYO season tickets or how they work, but can you renew the same seats every year or is it a battle to repick based on your loyalty points?
You get your season tickets, then each year when you renew you get the same seats unless you request new ones. Next season will be the priority point battle, but that will only be one year. After that its back to business as usual.
Thanks, man. I appreciate the info and insight.