Pokes in the Pros: Week 7

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

From UW AD:

Andrew Wingard has had a tepid start to his fifth year in the National Football League. The former University of Wyoming safety owned five tackles going into Jacksonville’s game at New Orleans.
Against the Saints on Thursday night, Wingard matched his season output in one contest. He boasted five tackles in the Jaguars’ 31-24 victory.
And Wingard wasn’t the only former Wyoming student-athlete to log a successful performance this past week. Below is a list of the former Pokes and how they showed for their respective NFL franchises.

Mike Purcell, Denver Broncos
Purcell logged his best game of the season in the Broncos’ 19-17 victory over Green Bay. He had three tackles.
On the year, Purcell lays claim to 10 tackles, three quarterback hits and two passes defended for 2-5 Denver.
The Broncos host Kansas City in Week 8.

Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
Allen played decently well in the Bills’ 29-25 loss at New England. He was 27-for-41 for 265 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Allen also ran it seven times totaling 17 yards with one score.
For the season, Allen is 174-for-246 for 1,841 yards with 15 touchdowns and seven picks. He also has 148 yards on 29 carries with four scores for 4-3 Buffalo.
The Bills travel to Tampa Bay for Thursday Night Football.

Carl Granderson, New Orleans Saints
Granderson enjoyed another fruitful day in the Saints’ 31-24 loss to Jacksonville. He boasted six tackles, and one tackle for loss.
In 2023, Granderson has recorded 29 tackles, eight tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, nine quarterback hits and one forced fumble for 3-4 New Orleans.
The Saints travel to Indianapolis in Week 8.

Marcus Epps, Las Vegas Raiders
Epps enjoyed a strong day in the Raiders’ 30-12 loss at Chicago. He carded five tackles.
Epps boasts 27 tackles and two tackles for loss this season for the 3-4 Raiders.
Las Vegas travels to Detroit for Monday Night Football.

Tashaun Gipson, San Francisco 49ers
Gipson logged an average performance in the 49ers’ 22-17 loss at Minnesota. He had two tackles.
This season, Gipson lays claim to 22 tackles and one interception for 5-2 San Francisco.
The 49ers host Cincinnati in Week 8.

Chad Muma, Jacksonville Jaguars
Muma didn’t record a stat in the Jaguars’ 31-24 victory at New Orleans.
Muma has 13 tackles this season for 5-2 Jacksonville.
The Jaguars travel to Pittsburgh in Week 8.

Tyler Hall, Las Vegas Raiders
Hall didn’t record a stat in the Raiders’ 30-12 loss at Chicago.
For the season, Hall owns 10 tackles for 3-4 Las Vegas.
The Raiders travel to Detroit for Monday Night Football.

Logan Wilson, Cincinnati Bengals
Wilson and the 3-3 Bengals were idle in Week 7. For the year, he’s recorded 46 tackles, four tackles for loss, two interceptions, one sack and one quarterback hit.
Cincinnati travels to San Francisco in Week 8.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Logan Wilson is arguably the best Wyoming alum in the NFL this season. Not taking anything away from Allen, but Wilson is having one hell of a year.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:32 am Logan Wilson is arguably the best Wyoming alum in the NFL this season. Not taking anything away from Allen, but Wilson is having one hell of a year.
I agree. I'd put Epps up there, too.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:32 am Logan Wilson is arguably the best Wyoming alum in the NFL this season. Not taking anything away from Allen, but Wilson is having one hell of a year.
I think Ganderson is a possible pro bowler this season. Muma needs to go to a different team where he can get some PT, J'ville is stacked at his position with a high value free agent and first rounder , so Muma wont see the field except for injury or short rests.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:02 pm
I think Ganderson is a possible pro bowler this season. Muma needs to go to a different team where he can get some PT, J'ville is stacked at his position with a high value free agent and first rounder , so Muma wont see the field except for injury or short rests.
Bills should trade for Muma. Seriously
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:47 pm
doreno5 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:02 pm

He would be a great fit
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Since I’m doing fantasy, I’ve watched the saints play a little more than I ever would. I constantly hear Granderson’s name and see it on the Game Center. He’s all over the place
W-Y, Until I Die!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:06 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:47 pm

He would be a great fit
Don't let patriot guy hear that. It would probably put him 6 feet under if there was another reason to like the Bills.