UNLV won't be a cakewalk

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

They beat the Sheeep at home 25-23 on a late field go, but what caught my eye was their QB threw for 353 and total yards of 491. We definitely need to take care of Boise in potatoland and hope Fresno St can take care of the Rebels next week!! Regardless NONE of our games are ever going to be easy....I'm ready for the bye to be over!!! 22500 in a stadium of 65000, it'll be fun, i can't wait to go to the Death Star in 3 weeks!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'm ready for the Boise game next week, glad that it's a 3:30 kickoff and not some 9:00 PM slot. I'm also going to the UNLV game with 3 others. Really excited to check out the new stadium, and I'd imagine it'll be pretty rocking, with them having a winnable game against UNM and a real test with Fresneck.

Two huge games before then though for the pokes. A win on the Smurf Turf seems within reach and a Friday night Border War will be wild. Night games in Laradise this year have been nothing short of incredible. Last weekend's meltdown sucked, but thee Pokes still control their own destiny. Win out and rematch with Air Force for the conference title.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Neither will CSU. We have three straight dogfights coming up. We could lose all three.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:11 am Neither will CSU. We have three straight dogfights coming up. We could lose all three.
We could win all three.

I think if UNLV were any good they would have smashed the poop out of the sheep, because the sheep are not very good. I don't think UNLV or the sheep are very decent this year. UNLV has played literally nobody
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:12 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:11 am Neither will CSU. We have three straight dogfights coming up. We could lose all three.
We could win all three.

I think if UNLV were any good they would have smashed the poop out of the sheep, because the sheep are not very good. I don't think UNLV or the sheep are very decent this year. UNLV has played literally nobody
My concern is Wyoming always seems to play to the level of their competition. Heck even against Portland State the Cowboys looked horrible in the 4th quarter. Contrasted to the first halves against Fresno, AFA and even Texas. I do not think Wyoming is a lock to win any game including Hawaii, nor do I think Wyoming is sure to lose. Just way too unpredictable.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

We could win all three.

UNLV played Michigan arguably better than anyone else this year. 35-7. They didn't turn the ball over, had 230 yards of offense, and split TOP. All of Michigan's points were scored with the 1st team offense in the game. Not bad for the first game of the year, at the Big House, and with a new coach.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

We never have easy games anymore, EVER....and yes time in and time out we play down to our competition year in and year out...We're Wyoming it's what we do!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:08 pm

We could win all three.

UNLV played Michigan arguably better than anyone else this year. 35-7. They didn't turn the ball over, had 230 yards of offense, and split TOP. All of Michigan's points were scored with the 1st team offense in the game. Not bad for the first game of the year, at the Big House, and with a new coach.
Especially with Michigan stealing their signs. I think Harbaugh and Michigan are about to get hammered like the Astros did.

UNLV has been my go to on the spread. They have done me well this year
I'm good for 3!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:48 am

Especially with Michigan stealing their signs. I think Harbaugh and Michigan are about to get hammered like the Astros did.

UNLV has been my go to on the spread. They have done me well this year
:lol: You took the low hanging fruit with that one... Especially since it was the first game of the year with a new coach.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

My prediction on Michigan....they will get hammered by the NCAA AFTER they play in the National Championship which they might. The Big Ten won't bar them from playing in the Big Ten Championship game this year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:18 pm

My prediction on Michigan....they will get hammered by the NCAA AFTER they play in the National Championship which they might. The Big Ten won't bar them from playing in the Big Ten Championship game this year.
If that happens I wonder what sort of odds you can get on Harbaugh leaving for the NFL?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

doreno5 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm

If that happens I wonder what sort of odds you can get on Harbaugh leaving for the NFL?
Harbaugh will be in the NFL next season
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

doreno5 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm

As a Michigan fan, I'd say it's almost certain. I mean, they seem to have caught him red-handed. It sort of feels worse than paying players did 7 years ago.

Nobody really cared about the cheeseburger/recruiting dead-period thing. Hell, Air Force is currently serving a two year probation for the same thing.

Even if a rogue staffer was responsible without Harbaugh knowing about it, which I kinda doubt, sending scouts to record signals is dirty. This has to be the end of Harbaugh at Michigan.

I bet every athletics department in the country is scouring ticket sales looking for the names of other assistant coaches/staffers right now. This could get really interesting.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:03 pm I bet every athletics department in the country is scouring ticket sales looking for the names of other assistant coaches/staffers right now. This could get really interesting.
Probably the safest bet ever. LOL :rofl:

All jokes aside....I agree.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

We could win all three.

Totally agree with this. unLv is overrated.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

We could win all three.

Ahem.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

CSU made Air Force punt 3 times in the first half. Like I said in another the tread, I think csu might win
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

We will be their cake walk.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:06 pm CSU made Air Force punt 3 times in the first half. Like I said in another the tread, I think csu might win
Yeah, our defense is trash this year. They just aren’t good at all. They have been “bend don’t break” all year , now we are just break. We can’t stop the run worth a poop. Our d line are playing like absolute kitty and giving up 6 yards a run AND getting no pressure. Godbout and Bertagnole are shadows of their former selves. Both have MASSIVELY regressed
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

LawPoke wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:43 pm

We could win all three.

Ahem.
They are getting better while we are
Folding like cheap card tables