Run the f'n ball

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

And fire the special teams coordinator and Wyoming may win a big game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

okcwyocowboy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:30 pm And fire the special teams coordinator and Wyoming may win a big game.
2nd and two at their 5 and we almost blew it by passing, then 3rd and two to stay alive and we pass it twice. Polasec has zero feel how to call a game
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:33 pm
okcwyocowboy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:30 pm And fire the special teams coordinator and Wyoming may win a big game.
2nd and two at their 5 and we almost blew it by passing, then 3rd and two to stay alive and we pass it twice. Polasec has zero feel how to call a game
Wyoming has won two big games already. I don’t know what new guy is crying about. I thought polasek called a pretty good game. Scott got stuffed a few times there at the end which probably made them change course
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

The run run pass after recovering the fumble was way too conservative. Completely choked.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Conservative bs gets old year in and year out, just when I thought Year 10 "might" be different..i hate the saying SSDD but it truly fits here at good ol' W.Y.O.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Funny, most people have complained that Bohl is a dinosaur with the power run game. I’m not sure which it is…..run or pass. I will say, the 2nd half offensive plan was horrible.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm not sure what the complaint of this thread is? We ran on about half the plays in the second half. Several of those attempts got stuffed, forcing pass plays, otherwise it likely would've been even more runs.

The real issue was missing Waylee.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

okcwyocowboy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:30 pm And fire the special teams coordinator
Uh...Bohl is the special teams coach, lmao.

He's got two co-coordinators, but they're Boyd (who primarily coaches the cornerbacks/d-backs) and Moore (who coaches the TEs and FBs)...neither of whom need to be fired.

Also, ST is usually pretty solid, so making coaching changes there is a bit premature.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

We blast the coach for being too conservative and blast the coach for not being conservative enough. If one of those deep balls connect, everyone would be singing the praises of the call when conventional wisdom says run it. I have no problem with the call.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

J-Bone wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:02 pm The run run pass after recovering the fumble was way too conservative. Completely choked.
Oh I know this one. We take a shot to the corner of the end zone in double coverage. (I’m referring to last years Boise game)

I don’t believe it was the calls. They beat our guys.
W-Y, Until I Die!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:39 pm
J-Bone wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:02 pm The run run pass after recovering the fumble was way too conservative. Completely choked.
Oh I know this one. We take a shot to the corner of the end zone in double coverage. (I’m referring to last years Boise game)

I don’t believe it was the calls. They beat our guys.
"our gays" include the coaching staff. They got beat by the AFA coaches just as much if not more than the players.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:29 am We blast the coach for being too conservative and blast the coach for not being conservative enough. If one of those deep balls connect, everyone would be singing the praises of the call when conventional wisdom says run it. I have no problem with the call.
I don't know. When you need two yards and have two plays and timeouts to keep the game alive I wouldn't be throwing two passes. At least one would be my best running play. And when you are at the 3rd and two at their 5 and call two passing plays? That time worked out, but just run it five times in a row for one yard and you've got yourself a TD. I still think he should have run it more at the end of the game. BUT sometimes it works and sometimes no. The OC/Bohl just do the opposite of what I would do a lot of the time. Fans (like me) are always going to complain and act irrationally.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:49 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:29 am We blast the coach for being too conservative and blast the coach for not being conservative enough. If one of those deep balls connect, everyone would be singing the praises of the call when conventional wisdom says run it. I have no problem with the call.
I don't know. When you need two yards and have two plays and timeouts to keep the game alive I wouldn't be throwing two passes. At least one would be my best running play. And when you are at the 3rd and two at their 5 and call two passing plays? That time worked out, but just run it five times in a row for one yard and you've got yourself a TD. I still think he should have run it more at the end of the game. BUT sometimes it works and sometimes no. The OC/Bohl just do the opposite of what I would do a lot of the time. Fans (like me) are always going to complain and act irrationally.
What about when we call a pass on 4th and 1 and it goes for a touchdown? I don’t see anyone complaining about that call. If the TE drops the pass, the OC is a moron?

Everyone cries when we run the ball and now cry when we don’t.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

This staff has a bunch of guys that would likely be 2nd string or vfurther at a lot of schools. Through a lot of coaches, that seems to be consistent lending credence to the theory that it's hard to recruit to Laramie.

However, this staff has them coached up, playing mostly mistake free, and maybe the best team in the MWC if everyone gets healthy.

There were a few missed plays, some play calls that didn't work, etc., but there will be that in every game. The theoretical play call that would have worked better is the easiest fan gripe because it can't be tested only debated.

I've been as critical of Bohl's offense as anyone, and it definitely could be better. Still, it looks better than it has. It put 27 points and 321 yards on a top 4 defense. The offense and team as a whole are also progressing against a front-load schedule which is a good sign.

I'm not complaining unless the progress stops or the wheels fall off. Honestly, I'm disappointed with the AF outcome but more excited for POKE football than I've been for a while. I don't know why but I'm thinking the bsu game is going to be an arrival party for the POKES. bsu dangerous? Maybe, but I'm thinking this group of POKES aren't liking the taste of MWC defeat either. I believe in these guys this this year.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:49 am
I don't know. When you need two yards and have two plays and timeouts to keep the game alive I wouldn't be throwing two passes.

After the second fumble recovery two run plays were called that did nothing. Needed to run outside or throw the ball then. Thats what upset me. Usally when a team gets a turnover you attack the other team on the fist play of scimmsge. You never see a Bohl team ever try.