Air Force Opens as 10.5 point Favorites

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I think Pokes cover and have already put my money where my mouth is. I think a fair line is closer to 6.5 or 7.5 and so ill take the free points.

We were what, 13.5 or 14.5 point underdogs against TTU? With only the preseason expectations that TTU was a contender in the Big12 and we would be middle of the MWC to go off of. I can't see how AFA should be double digit favorites given what both teams have done and how games against them typically go.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

This line surprises me.....I figured AFA favored by 5 or 6 .... makes me nervous.

I wonder if that has to do with the 0 in the loss column for AFA? I'm not scared of it but maybe bettors are respecting that and that is what is driving that line.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

307bball wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:37 am This line surprises me.....I figured AFA favored by 5 or 6 .... makes me nervous.

I wonder if that has to do with the 0 in the loss column for AFA? I'm not scared of it but maybe bettors are respecting that and that is what is driving that line.
I think they're reacting to the unknown. We know Wyoming is better than Fresno and Texas Tech, but not as good as Texas. With AF, the average gambler doesn't know how good they are. Despite the embarrassing schedule there isn't any game evidence they aren't the best team in the country. Everyone has one of those unexplainable close ones. AF had Sam Houston. Wyoming had App St.

That being said, I don't think AF is better than Wyoming. Certainly not 10 points better. I'm really surprised the line wasn't 5 or 6. 3 for AF being at home and another 2 or 3 because their margin of victory has been pretty decent.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:28 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:01 pm
Pretty sure you thought we'd suck, so yeah. And pretty sure you thought SDSU would be at the top of the conference too
Literally everyone thought we'd suck. I don't recall ANYONE on this board predicting more than 7 wins at best, with most predictions ranging from 3-6. Lmao. Don't make me go pulling receipts.

Also, you're misremembering. I specifically said I didn't think SDSU would be at the top of the conference because Hoke isn't that great of a coach and they had a lot of questions. YOU were the one who was high on SDSU and Fresno State and super low on Air Force (the latter part of which turned into a massive argument, with me pulling out a zillion stats and you just going "nuh uh!").
No that was me. AF has beat down their MW opponents. I wasn't low on AF. I just didn't get all the AF dick sucking that was going on preseason. But AF doesn't play Fresno and SDSU can't score points. I think my words were "there's not reason to believe that AF would be better than us" . We're about to find out who is better.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyoming is not a team that is intimidated by w-l records, stats, the name of the school, betting lines, or anything else as far as I can see - they are a team that is confident in each other, they are scrappy, and they find ways to win.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:07 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:45 pm
Follow along. My post was about Waylee. Additionally, did you have any clue from anything Bohl said that Harsh wouldn’t be suited up. Get back to me on that. He’s never disclosed much about injuries.
Y'all's inability to have a normal conversation (and then accuse others of not following along) is amusing sometimes.

Yes, your post was about Waylee, and how your perception of Bohl's communication could color our perception of his true status. You then used Peasley as a direct example of Bohl's communication (or lack thereof).

I, in return, explained the nuances of Peasley's situation and how it relates to said communication, and how that relates to the Waylee situation....as well as more directly addressing your point about Bohl in particular (which is absolute poop and I stand by it...that conversation has been had numerous times and Bohl has directly addressed his injury transparency multiple times over the years).

Maybe take your own advice and "follow along". I know nuanced conversation is hard, but damn.
I wouldn’t miss another of your posts if you left this board. You are about the most arrogant (rhymes with stick) I’ve seen. Feel free to NEVER comment on another of my posts again. Good day.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:01 pm
laxwyo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:13 pm

I just cashed Buffs at Over 3.5 wins +130 after 6 games into the season. I'd say they're not perfect.
I never said they were perfect… not sure where anyone is getting that from my post.

I have been doing this for a longtime and I have a LARGE group of people who pay me for picks and info each week/month.

I never once said the sports books are perfect. I was just giving out some knowledge on something I know very very much about and have lots of statistics on, going back many many years.

Wyoming can cover and can win the game. Sports Books don’t take “sides” on every game or spread they put out either. They have specific ones they are more apt to take a “side” on.

This Wyoming/AFA game appears to be one of those based on the size of the line and how much money is coming in on Wyoming so far. That doesn’t mean the Sports Books win all those either. I am just telling you statistically they win a very very high percentage of these types. Over 75% of them. So if you want to take a wager where you have roughly a 25% chance or less of winning go for it.

I would just say maybe go a little bit lighter on it or if you guys like Wyoming so much maybe put them in a teaser and get a few extra points.

Like was stated above … AFA is in a perfect spot this week. They had a bye last week and Wyoming had to play a tough game.

So far this year when Wyoming has had to play a “tougher” opponent, the following week they haven’t looked that great.
They played Texas Tech and won then came back the next week and beat a very horrible Portland St team at home by only 14 points. Oregon beat them by 74 points.

Then Wyoming goes down to Texas and plays a great game overall by Wyomings standards and then comes back home again the following week and has to squeak out a win over a decent App St. team, but an App St. team that isn’t anything special. (Horrible defense app st. Has this year) If Wyoming would have had to play at App St that week, they lose that game by at least a TD or more probably.

Wyoming then plays at home again against UNM who is horrible and Wyoming has some trouble against them but finally pulls it out.

Then WYO comes back to play Fresno St now, another tough game but Wyoming is more rested after playing a weaker opponent the week before and gets them at home.

Now for the first time this year Wyoming is going on the road to play another tough team after a tough game. Had any of those other games that followed up the “tough” games been on the road the following week, Wyoming probably loses them, possibly even to Portland St the way they played that game.

Wyoming hasn’t looked that great yet this year in follow up games after having had to play a tough game the week prior. They have been lucky the games have all been at home and been against lesser opponents in most cases so far.

They don’t get that this week or this time around. They played a tough team in a tough game and now have to play another tough opponent but on the road this time. Back to back tough opponents for the first time this year.

Also we have to remember that when Wyoming played Texas, the longhorns had just beat Alabama in a huge win for them the week before and were probably flat for at least half of the game or more against us. If we have to play them after they beat a more mediocre opponent we probably lose by a lot more than we did that game.

Wyoming +10.5 or +11 isn’t as easy of a wager as most on here think it is. I hope you are all right and they cover easy and win the game but if I take my homer glasses off and look at this like I would other match ups, I wouldn’t ever be telling anyone to play Wyoming this week.

Luckily I don’t give out plays on or against Wyoming in most cases because I don’t want any bias to get in the way. Unless they fit some really really great system, I stay away from Wyoming games.

I’m just going to sit back and hope Wyoming wins but also realize they are in a very tough spot this week. They have some injuries also. So that doesn’t help them. Hopefully Waylee can go but who knows. If he does he probably isn’t 100%.
A lot of what you say makes sense, but you lost me with the we could have possibly lost to Portland if it was on their turf. Don't get me wrong, I respect the atmosphere their sub 2,000 fans must create, and I respect that they scored 150 points in their two games following their loss to the Pokes : ) But we didn't play our best, and still took a 31-10 lead into the 4th quarter. I don't think we threw a pass after we took the 21 point lead, as Bohl just took his foot off the gas and coasted. The game was never in doubt. Whoever wins this one could run the table. We both have Boise on the horizon, but they're not your father's Boise this year. There's an excellent chance the winner of this game is playing in a New Year's bowl game.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Almost every season AF runs and runs very well. But we have seen times in the past where af has been rolling only to run into a number of Pokes defenses that have held them in check.My feeling is that this years defense looks forward to meeting teams that want to play rough and tumble in the trenches and this years Pokes team is built for this.They had a heck of an effort last year at home and I think the Pokes will rise to this challenge and shut down the zoomies and come out of the game with a close and hard earned victory.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Wyoming v. AFA is usually a hard game to pick. Both seem to play at their best against each other. Both play their best when they are able to run and bleed the clock. I would not expect a high scoring game so if I bet anything it would be the under of 42.5.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Seattlecowboy is right that Vegas thinks we're going to get crushed.11 point dogs and the o/u is somewhere around 41. Do the math: they don't think we'll score. WYO is also around +290 on the moneyline.

Going to be a big hit to the books if WYO wins.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

cowboyz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:17 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:01 pm

I never said they were perfect… not sure where anyone is getting that from my post.

I have been doing this for a longtime and I have a LARGE group of people who pay me for picks and info each week/month.

I never once said the sports books are perfect. I was just giving out some knowledge on something I know very very much about and have lots of statistics on, going back many many years.

Wyoming can cover and can win the game. Sports Books don’t take “sides” on every game or spread they put out either. They have specific ones they are more apt to take a “side” on.

This Wyoming/AFA game appears to be one of those based on the size of the line and how much money is coming in on Wyoming so far. That doesn’t mean the Sports Books win all those either. I am just telling you statistically they win a very very high percentage of these types. Over 75% of them. So if you want to take a wager where you have roughly a 25% chance or less of winning go for it.

I would just say maybe go a little bit lighter on it or if you guys like Wyoming so much maybe put them in a teaser and get a few extra points.

Like was stated above … AFA is in a perfect spot this week. They had a bye last week and Wyoming had to play a tough game.

So far this year when Wyoming has had to play a “tougher” opponent, the following week they haven’t looked that great.
They played Texas Tech and won then came back the next week and beat a very horrible Portland St team at home by only 14 points. Oregon beat them by 74 points.

Then Wyoming goes down to Texas and plays a great game overall by Wyomings standards and then comes back home again the following week and has to squeak out a win over a decent App St. team, but an App St. team that isn’t anything special. (Horrible defense app st. Has this year) If Wyoming would have had to play at App St that week, they lose that game by at least a TD or more probably.

Wyoming then plays at home again against UNM who is horrible and Wyoming has some trouble against them but finally pulls it out.

Then WYO comes back to play Fresno St now, another tough game but Wyoming is more rested after playing a weaker opponent the week before and gets them at home.

Now for the first time this year Wyoming is going on the road to play another tough team after a tough game. Had any of those other games that followed up the “tough” games been on the road the following week, Wyoming probably loses them, possibly even to Portland St the way they played that game.

Wyoming hasn’t looked that great yet this year in follow up games after having had to play a tough game the week prior. They have been lucky the games have all been at home and been against lesser opponents in most cases so far.

They don’t get that this week or this time around. They played a tough team in a tough game and now have to play another tough opponent but on the road this time. Back to back tough opponents for the first time this year.

Also we have to remember that when Wyoming played Texas, the longhorns had just beat Alabama in a huge win for them the week before and were probably flat for at least half of the game or more against us. If we have to play them after they beat a more mediocre opponent we probably lose by a lot more than we did that game.

Wyoming +10.5 or +11 isn’t as easy of a wager as most on here think it is. I hope you are all right and they cover easy and win the game but if I take my homer glasses off and look at this like I would other match ups, I wouldn’t ever be telling anyone to play Wyoming this week.

Luckily I don’t give out plays on or against Wyoming in most cases because I don’t want any bias to get in the way. Unless they fit some really really great system, I stay away from Wyoming games.

I’m just going to sit back and hope Wyoming wins but also realize they are in a very tough spot this week. They have some injuries also. So that doesn’t help them. Hopefully Waylee can go but who knows. If he does he probably isn’t 100%.
A lot of what you say makes sense, but you lost me with the we could have possibly lost to Portland if it was on their turf. Don't get me wrong, I respect the atmosphere their sub 2,000 fans must create, and I respect that they scored 150 points in their two games following their loss to the Pokes : ) But we didn't play our best, and still took a 31-10 lead into the 4th quarter. I don't think we threw a pass after we took the 21 point lead, as Bohl just took his foot off the gas and coasted. The game was never in doubt. Whoever wins this one could run the table. We both have Boise on the horizon, but they're not your father's Boise this year. There's an excellent chance the winner of this game is playing in a New Year's bowl game.
Sorry for any confusion on that part. My point wasn’t that Portland States atmosphere would be so tough or intimidating we couldn’t handle it. It was just more the aspect of having to travel and not being at home is all.

As the week has gone on though a lot more AFA money has poured in so it is looking as though this isn’t going to be a game the books are necessarily siding with AFA based on money. So that does give me more hope and I am glad to see the money Evening out someday.

I do feel Wyoming may have a better chance to cover now but overall I still don’t like the situational spot the Pokes are in this week having to play their 2nd straight good conference opponent on the road while AFA is coming off a bye week just sitting at home waiting for us.
I do think it helps the pokes in some ways that they have had to play a tougher schedule. It could also hurt them in the way of AFA getting a bye on top of playing weaker opponents so being healthier than the Pokes. Hopefully the Pokes can pull it out.
Wyoming is 11-2 ATS the last 13 games vs AFA. Hoping this doesn’t turn into a 2 or 3 TD loss. I’ll still just root for the Pokes and leave my money in my pocket for this game

If you guys want 2 winners tomorrow take Washington at home against Oregon.
Washington -3. Think they can beat Oregon by double digits and might be the best team in the country.

Other game I think Notre Dame back at home will handle USC. USC defense is terrible. Notre Dame is coming off of 3 very tough games in a row but they had their let down on the road last week against Louisville, I had Louisville in that game and cashed. Think Notre Dame will be back and ready to go at home tomorrow and handle the Trojans.

Should be 2 winners for you guys if you decide to play them. Those are my top 2 plays tomorrow from a system I’ve been using since 2017 that hits over 71% when it has plays. Think both of those games cash tomorrow.

Good luck if you play them and good luck to the Pokes! Hope we pull it out.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I don't get how Air Force isn't ranked....
ltcpilot
Buckaroo

From our CSprings newspaper 

Three things to look at and by the #'s

https://gazette.com/sports/how-to-watch ... 5b7c5.html

From the Wyoming newspaper. 

Pro-Great comparisons of Air Force vs Wyoming by position with detailed and a relatively unbiased look at both teams

Con- Their Advantage AF or UW leans heavily (in my biased opinion of course ) to UW or abstains with a push. But YES I agree very evenly matched in many areas especially lines on both sides of the ball and LBs based on stats. We will see tomorrow if/how those stats matchup head to head.

Big game which will be a battle

GO FALCONS 

https://www.wyomingnews.com/wyosports/u ... 5269b.html
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

12.5 on the bottom ticker
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vancopoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time

What's up with the jump from -11 to -12.5? Injury we're not hearing about?
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:18 pm
I wouldn’t miss another of your posts if you left this board. You are about the most arrogant (rhymes with stick) I’ve seen. Feel free to NEVER comment on another of my posts again. Good day.
1) Luckily you don't get to make the determination of what I can and can't comment on. Lol.

2) You don't get to get snippy with me out of nowhere and then act offended when I bite back. Lmfao.

You aren't the victim here. Grow up.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:15 pm
cowboyz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:17 pm
If you guys want 2 winners tomorrow take Washington at home against Oregon.
Washington -3. Think they can beat Oregon by double digits and might be the best team in the country.

Other game I think Notre Dame back at home will handle USC. USC defense is terrible. Notre Dame is coming off of 3 very tough games in a row but they had their let down on the road last week against Louisville, I had Louisville in that game and cashed. Think Notre Dame will be back and ready to go at home tomorrow and handle the Trojans.

Should be 2 winners for you guys if you decide to play them. Those are my top 2 plays tomorrow from a system I’ve been using since 2017 that hits over 71% when it has plays. Think both of those games cash tomorrow.
Nice call on Notre Dame and Washington. Wash squeaked it out by 3!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:35 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:18 pm
1) Luckily you don't get to make the determination of what I can and can't comment on. Lol.

2) You don't get to get snippy with me out of nowhere and then act offended when I bite back. Lmfao.

You aren't the victim here. Grow up.
Arrogant A$$

No really, don’t respond moron! You add nothing to this board.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

"People, I just want to say, can't we all get along? Can't we all get along?" Rodney King May 1, 1992
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:15 pm "People, I just want to say, can't we all get along? Can't we all get along?" Rodney King May 1, 1992
Obviously, he was never a Wyoming fan.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!