Josh Allen beats down the Fins

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:58 pm :D :o :D :o :D :o

Lombardi X 6

JAGUARS!!!!!!

Bandwagoners can put away their JA jerseys for a week :winky:
Cool story.

3-72. That’s the combined score for the Patriots losses the last 2 weeks. Patriots and Broncos competing for worst team in the NFL.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Freaking jaguars! They own the bills
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:23 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:58 pm :D :o :D :o :D :o

Lombardi X 6

JAGUARS!!!!!!

Bandwagoners can put away their JA jerseys for a week :winky:
Cool story.

3-72. That’s the combined score for the Patriots losses the last 2 weeks. Patriots and Broncos competing for worst team in the NFL.
I really don't think you understand. We're Wyoming people. We follow college sports more than pro. We don't care about a particular pro team as much as you obviously idolize the patriots. That gives us the flexibility to follow a lot of teams like the Bills, the Bengals, the 9ers, etc. You know, teams with successful former Wyoming Cowboys. It's kinda nice, maybe you could take some antihypertensives.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

There are rare examples such as myself being weaned at the knee of my late uncle in the mid 60s. He was a Patriots fan in this brand new league called the AFL. Bought me a hat and a Patriots sweater and I had a team. Beyond those exceptions the people in Wyoming, north dakota, idaho, parts of nebraska, these are Broncs fans through and through. Go back 7 years ago and not a buffalo decal was anywhere to be seen around these parts its like they never existed. So now because Josh Allen is the Bills are his team all of a sudden many people have left their years long fandom of the broncos to "friendly ladies" themselves out to the Bills??? That is some weak ass sauce. When Kiick went to the Dolphins didit spwan hundreds of dolphons fans? When Ryan Yarborough was playing with the Jets how many jets decals were flown around town? Cowboys fans because of Jay Novecek? Saints for Granderson? Jaguars with Wingard? Get it through your thick heads, most of you are lifelong Broncos fans who have decided to make Josh Allen your little mistress in the most shameful of ways. THat's both "friendly ladies" and cultish in my book. Stick with your lifelong trams and when they play buffalo hope that your real team knocks all the spit out of Allens mouth. 95% of all attendees at the game against Fresno were Wyoming fans and Broncos fans. Have your little fun with your little deity named Josh Allen. But not me. Never me.Not on my watch. So if this keeps up I'll keep pissing all over the phony little Josh Allen party. This Josh Allen parade comes to an end and it comes to an end now.And one more thing, keep that weird as all phuck Bills guy who makes his way to our stadium the last few years, leave him in the parking lot. He looks weird, a real goof, worse that the guy who walks around the can around his body, Allen doesn't care about us any longer and we should wish him well but never to the point where er decided to wake up one day and declare ourselves as Bills fan. How infantile. Get over it cause you are folling nobody and making yourselfs looking like idol worshiping children.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:57 am There are rare examples such as myself being weaned at the knee of my late uncle in the mid 60s. He was a Patriots fan in this brand new league called the AFL. Bought me a hat and a Patriots sweater and I had a team. Beyond those exceptions the people in Wyoming, north dakota, idaho, parts of nebraska, these are Broncs fans through and through. Go back 7 years ago and not a buffalo decal was anywhere to be seen around these parts its like they never existed. So now because Josh Allen is the Bills are his team all of a sudden many people have left their years long fandom of the broncos to "friendly ladies" themselves out to the Bills??? That is some weak ass sauce. When Kiick went to the Dolphins didit spwan hundreds of dolphons fans? When Ryan Yarborough was playing with the Jets how many jets decals were flown around town? Cowboys fans because of Jay Novecek? Saints for Granderson? Jaguars with Wingard? Get it through your thick heads, most of you are lifelong Broncos fans who have decided to make Josh Allen your little mistress in the most shameful of ways. THat's both "friendly ladies" and cultish in my book. Stick with your lifelong trams and when they play buffalo hope that your real team knocks all the spit out of Allens mouth. 95% of all attendees at the game against Fresno were Wyoming fans and Broncos fans. Have your little fun with your little deity named Josh Allen. But not me. Never me.Not on my watch. So if this keeps up I'll keep pissing all over the phony little Josh Allen party. This Josh Allen parade comes to an end and it comes to an end now.And one more thing, keep that weird as all phuck Bills guy who makes his way to our stadium the last few years, leave him in the parking lot. He looks weird, a real goof, worse that the guy who walks around the can around his body, Allen doesn't care about us any longer and we should wish him well but never to the point where er decided to wake up one day and declare ourselves as Bills fan. How infantile. Get over it cause you are folling nobody and making yourselfs looking like idol worshiping children.
You really are a treat. The tribal affiliation you are describing is something that is thankfully not shared by many on this board. People can (and should) cheer for whoever they damn well please.... They can change it every third day for all I care.

I've always said that there are all types of people in this world and the views and mindsets of each bring something valuable... But you are staining my belief in that.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:57 am There are rare examples such as myself being weaned at the knee of my late uncle in the mid 60s. He was a Patriots fan in this brand new league called the AFL. Bought me a hat and a Patriots sweater and I had a team. Beyond those exceptions the people in Wyoming, north dakota, idaho, parts of nebraska, these are Broncs fans through and through. Go back 7 years ago and not a buffalo decal was anywhere to be seen around these parts its like they never existed. So now because Josh Allen is the Bills are his team all of a sudden many people have left their years long fandom of the broncos to "friendly ladies" themselves out to the Bills??? That is some weak ass sauce. When Kiick went to the Dolphins didit spwan hundreds of dolphons fans? When Ryan Yarborough was playing with the Jets how many jets decals were flown around town? Cowboys fans because of Jay Novecek? Saints for Granderson? Jaguars with Wingard? Get it through your thick heads, most of you are lifelong Broncos fans who have decided to make Josh Allen your little mistress in the most shameful of ways. THat's both "friendly ladies" and cultish in my book. Stick with your lifelong trams and when they play buffalo hope that your real team knocks all the spit out of Allens mouth. 95% of all attendees at the game against Fresno were Wyoming fans and Broncos fans. Have your little fun with your little deity named Josh Allen. But not me. Never me.Not on my watch. So if this keeps up I'll keep pissing all over the phony little Josh Allen party. This Josh Allen parade comes to an end and it comes to an end now.And one more thing, keep that weird as all phuck Bills guy who makes his way to our stadium the last few years, leave him in the parking lot. He looks weird, a real goof, worse that the guy who walks around the can around his body, Allen doesn't care about us any longer and we should wish him well but never to the point where er decided to wake up one day and declare ourselves as Bills fan. How infantile. Get over it cause you are folling nobody and making yourselfs looking like idol worshiping children.
Read my first post on this thread. I became a Dolphins fan when they drafted Kiick. I always cheer for guys from UW and who grew up in Wyoming even if they did not go to UW. I have lived in the Denver media market pretty much my whole life, and that is why I always disliked the Broncos except for the Manning years. Josh is loved in Wyoming because his story is our story, no one ever gives Wyoming a chance so it great to see someone who beat the odds to become so successful.

PS use a spell checker or some Prozac , it might help.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Joshes story is not our story. This is stupid. Josh Allen will never have a thing to do with Wyoming the rest of his life. You liked the Broncos only when Manning was on the team? So you rooted not for the Denver Broncos but the Denver Mannings? I see. Well then go ahead on your way and be a fan of the Buffalo Allens as well. Good the see the Jacksonville Wingards beat them yesterday.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:59 pm Joshes story is not our story. This is stupid. Josh Allen will never have a thing to do with Wyoming the rest of his life. You liked the Broncos only when Manning was on the team? So you rooted not for the Denver Broncos but the Denver Mannings? I see. Well then go ahead on your way and be a fan of the Buffalo Allens as well. Good the see the Jacksonville Wingards beat them yesterday.
“Our story.”

There is nothing about your story that has anything to do with my story other than you unfortunately happen to be on the same message board. Yes - you the same guy that called for honoring and celebrating the racist actions of Loyd Eaton.

Patrick Ryan, Dino Costa, ‘PokesArePeopleToo’
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:59 pm Joshes story is not our story. This is stupid. Josh Allen will never have a thing to do with Wyoming the rest of his life. You liked the Broncos only when Manning was on the team? So you rooted not for the Denver Broncos but the Denver Mannings? I see. Well then go ahead on your way and be a fan of the Buffalo Allens as well. Good the see the Jacksonville Wingards beat them yesterday.
The Patriots story also has nothing to do with you and the Patriots will have nothing to do with you the rest of your life.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:26 pm
“Our story.”

There is nothing about your story that has anything to do with my story other than you unfortunately happen to be on the same message board. Yes - you the same guy that called for honoring and celebrating the racist actions of Loyd Eaton.

Wait... this is Dino?
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

What a crock. Go ahead and let me see anything I posted in the past which supported anything racial. What nonsense. I guess if I am not in Joshes jock I'm not a part of your little club. Patriots fan since the mid sixtis. Patriots team not because of any player. Oh wait I see! Yes I have mentioned in the past that Loyd Eaton was a great man and i stand by that. Ask around town and if there old enough many people who are Pokes fans will tell you the same thing.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

This is the weirdest thread ever posted on this board.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Is there no room for any type of sports appreciation that diverges from the way you enjoy the patriots? Is it ok that I am a fan of really well played football and enjoyed the Pats a ton during the Brady era and rooted for them to break all the winning records? Or is that considered wrong in some way? I was legitimately a Pats fan during those years...I enjoyed watching Brady and Moss and Bruschi and Gronk. I really don't like the pats anymore because they just aren't fun to watch. I get that not all people enjoy sports like I do...do you get that?

As far as Josh is concerned, I lived in Laramie for a very long time that overlapped with more than a few guys that went on to professional careers. In my younger days I would play pick up bball with a lot of them. Laramie is a small town and it's tough to live there for very long and not run into people and form even just a cursory relationship. Guys like Nance, Josh Adams, Bramlett, etc..etc...most of them had a cup of coffee in the pros and then faded into obscurity but Allen is like a top three guy in the NFL and is a good representative of the University of Wyoming...what is so wrong with cheering for those guys? Do you legitimately think it diminishes a Wyoming fan who is also a Broncos fan to be a Josh Allen supporter? That is lunacy.....What if a Bills fan who could not find Wyoming on the map 10 years ago gets an introduction to the University through their favorite teams QB and becomes a pokes supporter? Is that acceptable? What if they are a Rutgers graduate? Should we shame them?

If I'm misrepresenting you feel free to correct any misunderstandings. Unless I miss my guess, sports for you is some sort of morality play that functions as a sort of proxy for character.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Drivel. TLDR
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

307bball wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 amUnless I miss my guess, sports for you is some sort of morality play that functions as a sort of proxy for character.
Unfortunately, way too many people do this with everything in life, and I've definitely fallen for that myself too. You think having something in common with a person makes them a good person. Or the opposite - not having one key defining belief/social setting/whatever in common with you makes the other person a bad person.

Then again, maybe the reason I never hang out with Kyle anymore is because he's a f-word sheep.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:43 am
307bball wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 amUnless I miss my guess, sports for you is some sort of morality play that functions as a sort of proxy for character.
Unfortunately, way too many people do this with everything in life, and I've definitely fallen for that myself too. You think having something in common with a person makes them a good person. Or the opposite - not having one key defining belief/social setting/whatever in common with you makes the other person a bad person.

Then again, maybe the reason I never hang out with Kyle anymore is because he's a f-word sheep.
You aren't the only one :D .
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

The Patriots aren't going to date you, bro
W-Y, Until I Die!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I live in Lubbock for now and absolutely everyone here is a KC fan. I suppose thats not an option since they've always been cowboys fans up until a few years ago... Oh and the people I know who went to LSU for college or medical school are all both bengals and saints fans. Guess thats not allowed.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

'PokeForLife wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:28 pm I live in Lubbock for now and absolutely everyone here is a KC fan. I suppose thats not an option since they've always been cowboys fans up until a few years ago... Oh and the people I know who went to LSU for college or medical school are all both bengals and saints fans. Guess thats not allowed.
Nope. Only if you had a great aunt who bought you a team t-shirt when you were a tyke can you be a fan of a team outside of your geographic region.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:12 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:26 pm

“Our story.”

Wait... this is Dino?
Didn't read most of this thread. What was the conclusion to this question?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.