10/7 vs. Fresno State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:27 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:16 pm Why didn't the clock run before the FG after the injury?

We ran the ball and stayed in bounds but clock didn't run till we hiked it. It saved Fresno like 30 seconds
I believe it did start but there were still about 14 seconds on the play clock when they snapped it. Should have let it run down to 1 and called time out. Maybe didn’t want to freeze our own kicker but I think it would have been a better call
No it didn't start till we snapped the ball, only about 3 seconds went off the clock. We did snap it with about 14 left but it wouldn't have mattered if we waited and called timeout to use the clock because game clock operator messed up and never started it. It should have started with refs whistle but didn't
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Honestly, I thought 2nd half woes were Peas seemed shaky for some reason. First half he was precise, made the right reads, and threw with confidence.

To me it looked like on the 2nd, there were still open routes but Peas seemed less confident in his throws and was making bad reads at times.

It was really strange. I know they made a few adjustments but it didn't look like they took everything away. Just the first read. I know everyone is on the lack of coaching adjustments but I thought the gameplan was solid all game.

If Peas plays an entire game like the first half, this team is going to be pretty dang good.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

It is frustrating to watch Bohl's team play so tenative once they are ahead. For whatever reason they seem to lack a killer instinct and the opponent hang around .
The onside kick was predictable. One look at Wyoming's formation and you could see why Fresno was successful.. But more importantly the coaching staff should have expected it based on the game situation.Wyoming just held them to field goal and Fresno need 2 scores to tie..With only About 9 minutes left in the game Fresno had to get turnover to get an extra possession for any chance to win.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:03 am
MN_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:27 pm

I believe it did start but there were still about 14 seconds on the play clock when they snapped it. Should have let it run down to 1 and called time out. Maybe didn’t want to freeze our own kicker but I think it would have been a better call
No it didn't start till we snapped the ball, only about 3 seconds went off the clock. We did snap it with about 14 left but it wouldn't have mattered if we waited and called timeout to use the clock because game clock operator messed up and never started it. It should have started with refs whistle but didn't
My bad. I thought I had seen it start but saw on the replay it did not. Did the Pokes get charged a timeout for the injury under 2 minutes? That would explain clock not starting
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Been liked: 16 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:58 am
WyomingAgJ wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:03 am

My bad. I thought I had seen it start but saw on the replay it did not. Did the Pokes get charged a timeout for the injury under 2 minutes? That would explain clock not starting
Oh maybe. That would explain it, otherwise a huge blunder that could have cost us the game by the refs and the game clock person
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

Fantastic win! Fresno is a very good football team with a very good coach. Our coaches put together a great game plan on both sides of the ball. Fresno made some adjustments on the defensive side of the ball in the second half, and we struggled to adapt. I think Hoyland hits that FG without any interruption in play. Obviously, Waylee was legitimately injured, but I think those extra minutes standing around waiting to kick had an effect.

I thought the refs actually did a good job with calls/penalties on the field. The catch in the corner of the end zone was correctly called out of bounds - he was still juggling the ball when his foot was down and only gained possession before coming down with the other foot out of bounds. Offsides on the punt was close, but in the replay, it looked like his foot was actually still behind the line of scrimmage even after he stepped forward. His upper body may have been over the line by a little bit, but I’m OK with them letting that go. Lots of hands to the face and defensive holding calls went our way - many times those flags don’t get thrown. That being said, the clock management by the refs was really bad. We should have had at least two delay of game penalties - on one of them, the play clock was at 0 for a good 2-3 seconds and they still let the play go on.

Onto Air Force, which will be a tougher task yet on the road with them coming off a bye. I’m also doubtful we will have Waylee.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

A big win, for sure. The lack of points in the second half is concerning, though.
Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

This is the best Wyoming team in damn 30 yrs. Im just sitting back and enjoying. So happy
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Hotkarl wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:19 am This is the best Wyoming team in damn 30 yrs. Im just sitting back and enjoying. So happy
I would suggest that the 1996 Pokes were the best in the past 30 years. I am happy that this year’s team is 5-1 but I feel like I’m always on the edge of my seat awaiting the next disaster to hit.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:30 pm
Hotkarl wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:19 am This is the best Wyoming team in damn 30 yrs. Im just sitting back and enjoying. So happy
I would suggest that the 1996 Pokes were the best in the past 30 years. I am happy that this year’s team is 5-1 but I feel like I’m always on the edge of my seat awaiting the next disaster to hit.
I know how you feel. Just have a sense of impending doom that this season will end with a spectacular thud!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:13 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:00 pm Anyone catch the injury report on the radio? Our radio was messing up and they were done with injury report before feed was back up. Wondering if they mentioned how bad Waylee was.
Thorburn says Bohl indicated he didn’t think it was “long term”. Hope that is accurate.

I hope, but I also wouldn’t put it past Bohl to state this as to not let’s AFA know he’s out. Never heard a word about Sebastian Harsh and he wasn’t in pads yesterday.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:10 pm
MN_Poke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:13 pm

Thorburn says Bohl indicated he didn’t think it was “long term”. Hope that is accurate.

I hope, but I also wouldn’t put it past Bohl to state this as to not let’s AFA know he’s out. Never heard a word about Sebastian Harsh and he wasn’t in pads yesterday.
I was wondering about Harsh. And what about Tulafono? He went down, but I forgot to see if he went back in. That would be a huge blow.

It was good to have Siders back. He’s a difference maker.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Man...here's hoping that Bohl actually knows something and he's not just having wishful thinking.