West side renovations

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:05 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:48 pm Just build a dome. Multi purpose dome that has stuff that the whole university can use. Multi purpose rooms, conference rooms. We just keep putting duct tape on things.
I'd vote no on that. I love to be outdoors for a football game. I don't love the bad weather games but one of the most memorable games (because of the weather) was when we beat csewe 24-0 in 2006. That was the coldest game I've ever been to. But Saturday will be nice. That's 5 home games with good weather. We don't need a dome for a few bad weather games a year.
I used to completely agree with you. But that was before I married a spouse who just doesn't handle the cold and objects to taking children to cold-weather games, even if there is neither snow nor wind. If increasing game attendance numbers are really important, I now think that there is a much stronger case to be made for a domed stadium, especially since we no longer have to worry about maintaining a grass field.

Another benefit to a domed stadium, if properly designed, is that it could include a full outdoor track for our improving track & field teams and it could accommodate soccer or other field sports. Ultimately, our football stadium is like the front porch to the university and, if what I am told is true, the experiences people have at the stadium can have a direct impact on enrollment numbers and donations. Therefore, I am more sold on a domed stadium than I was when I was younger--even if I personally enjoy the outdoor game experience myself.