Bohl, OC, Qb's and Passing game.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

WTF. :tickedoff: This Sh*t gets old. We do not get any better at all. The game plan was horrible, play calling sucked, qb sucks and execution is terrible. Bohl's stubbornness to adapt even a little is very frustrating, the passing routes(tree) are very predictable, the defense just sits on our routes and knows exactly what is coming. When we are in obvious passing downs of 3rd and 5 and longer I have no confidence that we will convert. a new passing game coordinator is needed to be brought in to expand route combinations and passing structure based off of the offense. Our playaction plays should be way more successful considering we run the ball decently.

Our defense is wearing down a little. They kept us in the game, but you could see the time of possession wearing on them on the last few drives.

In saying all that, still good to get the win. :thumb:
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I think Wyoming was flat yesterday, especially on offense after that big game at Texas last week. So I think that has a lot to do with why they didn’t play as well.

Also Peasley might still be hurt and maybe should have sat out another game. I do think they should have just stuck to the run all game and kept pounding it. They gave up on it too early at points and would try to throw and wasn’t working. They were running pretty well over all for 3 yards per play or more and would break a big one every now and then. Should have just stuck with that.

I expect the offense to play well again the next couple of weeks. Won’t have any letdowns after big games for next week and New Mexico will be easy so should be fine against Fresno.

Not sure how we will do on the road against AFA the week after that though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

To me it’s fairly simple, if you send someone deep, the deep guy is going to be one on one or the safety comes over which means the shorter route should be open. The problem is we’ve shown we can’t hit anyone down the sideline. So the short to middle stuff is pretty well gummed up. Until our qbs can throw a ball down the sideline or throw a good ball on a deep post, we’ll have lots of problems with our shorter game.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:35 am To me it’s fairly simple, if you send someone deep, the deep guy is going to be one on one or the safety comes over which means the shorter route should be open. The problem is we’ve shown we can’t hit anyone down the sideline. So the short to middle stuff is pretty well gummed up. Until our qbs can throw a ball down the sideline or throw a good ball on a deep post, we’ll have lots of problems with our shorter game.
Peasley is the worst deep ball thrower I've ever seen
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:10 am
laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:35 am To me it’s fairly simple, if you send someone deep, the deep guy is going to be one on one or the safety comes over which means the shorter route should be open. The problem is we’ve shown we can’t hit anyone down the sideline. So the short to middle stuff is pretty well gummed up. Until our qbs can throw a ball down the sideline or throw a good ball on a deep post, we’ll have lots of problems with our shorter game.
Peasley is the worst deep ball thrower I've ever seen
I thought Levi was worse but Peasley is not much better. I counted at least 3 deep throws that were 5 to 10 yards off target Saturday. If Peasley is hurt and cannot run, then he should sit. It is that simple.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

I just watched press conference. Bohl has a new excuse every week why the passing game sucks.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:50 pm I just watched press conference. Bohl has a new excuse every week why the passing game sucks.
I didn't see it, what was the tone from Bohl? Can you imagine how solid WYO would be (and would have been over the last 10 years) with even a C+ offense?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:38 pm WTF. :tickedoff: This Sh*t gets old. We do not get any better at all. The game plan was horrible, play calling sucked, qb sucks and execution is terrible. Bohl's stubbornness to adapt even a little is very frustrating, the passing routes(tree) are very predictable, the defense just sits on our routes and knows exactly what is coming. When we are in obvious passing downs of 3rd and 5 and longer I have no confidence that we will convert. a new passing game coordinator is needed to be brought in to expand route combinations and passing structure based off of the offense. Our playaction plays should be way more successful considering we run the ball decently.

Our defense is wearing down a little. They kept us in the game, but you could see the time of possession wearing on them on the last few drives.

Possibly, but you can have a really good play called with a really good route run by the receiver but if the QB can’t complete an accurate pass it’s irrelevant.

I’d like to see Svoboda get the start against NM, personally.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Bohl said in the press conference that they are gonna work really really hard to get the passing game going. lol. ;)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:38 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:38 pm WTF. :tickedoff: This Sh*t gets old. We do not get any better at all. The game plan was horrible, play calling sucked, qb sucks and execution is terrible. Bohl's stubbornness to adapt even a little is very frustrating, the passing routes(tree) are very predictable, the defense just sits on our routes and knows exactly what is coming. When we are in obvious passing downs of 3rd and 5 and longer I have no confidence that we will convert. a new passing game coordinator is needed to be brought in to expand route combinations and passing structure based off of the offense. Our playaction plays should be way more successful considering we run the ball decently.

Possibly, but you can have a really good play called with a really good route run by the receiver but if the QB can’t complete an accurate pass it’s irrelevant.

Same, but we all know that isn't going to be the case.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:11 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:38 pm

Begs the question.. how bad does one have to play to lose a starting spot? Pretty gosh darn bad. He's got to hit Sean Chambers or Tyler Vanderwaal-level futility first. Peasley apparently isn't there yet
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:29 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:11 am

Begs the question.. how bad does one have to play to lose a starting spot? Pretty gosh darn bad. He's got to hit Sean Chambers or Tyler Vanderwaal-level futility first. Peasley apparently isn't there yet
In 61 years on this earth I have found it much different in the real world. You don’t perform - not only the bench, you gone!
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Our starter left and became a 3rd stringer on their team and their 3rd stringer came here and became a starter. Vanderwaal left for Idaho st. Chambers for Montana or whichever one of them dumb schools is better at football. I think this tells us enough about our talent at QB. There’s hope with Iowa transfer and the Texas kid. Honestly, we probably have a championship type team if Svboda gives us games like he did against Texas and sprinkles in a TD or two and cleans up the one bad decision .
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:29 am Begs the question.. how bad does one have to play to lose a starting spot? Pretty gosh darn bad. He's got to hit Sean Chambers or Tyler Vanderwaal-level futility first. Peasley apparently isn't there yet
Funny you mention Sean Chambers... he went 3 for 9 with 53 yards and an interception a couple of weeks ago against South Dakota State... Which is pretty damn close to as bad as Peasley was. In other words, I'd say we're already at that level of futility. Unlike Peasley, Chambers has 7 rushing TDs in 4 games with 5.7 yards per carry too.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:56 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:29 am Begs the question.. how bad does one have to play to lose a starting spot? Pretty gosh darn bad. He's got to hit Sean Chambers or Tyler Vanderwaal-level futility first. Peasley apparently isn't there yet
Funny you mention Sean Chambers... he went 3 for 9 with 53 yards and an interception a couple of weeks ago against South Dakota State... Which is pretty damn close to as bad as Peasley was. In other words, I'd say we're already at that level of futility. Unlike Peasley, Chambers has 7 rushing TDs in 4 games with 5.7 yards per carry too.
Vander Waal to Chambers to Williams to Peasley.....pretty meh. How much of the passing game struggles do you lay at the feet of the individual qb's? It's not like any of those guys went elsewhere and lit it up but tons of mediocre (or worse) teams can actually pass the ball. Bohl's offensive strategy seems to put these guys in to position to fail....and they may not need much help to do that. His method of bringing up QB's needs to change to have that next level of success but it will not change.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Ironically, it's worse than the cockhill years. Talk about a guy who could screw up QBs. I wonder whatever happened to him?

Bohl had a generational talent at qb, nfl talent all over the offense, and still only had a good not great offense. That's the ceiling.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:55 pm Ironically, it's worse than the cockhill years. Talk about a guy who could screw up QBs. I wonder whatever happened to him?

Bohl had a generational talent at qb, nfl talent all over the offense, and still only had a good not great offense. That's the ceiling.
Not sure I agree. I remember duds like Dax Crum and Karsten Sween. No one was going to do much with those guys.
I think the offense in 2016 was pretty great. Josh threw something like 5 picks against Nebraska but it was his first year. Once he got going, we scored a lot of points. But the defense was awful. I remember we gave up 70 to UNLV and I think 59 to New Mexico.
When you get down to it, most bad teams struggle on offense. csewe did not score 20 points in a single game last year. They didn't score an offensive td against us. And their new coach was supposed to be a passing offense guy. I thought Chambers was going to be good but if anything, he got worse the more he played. That doesn't speak too well about the coaching.
I'm done trying to hope for better things. I'll go to the games and just be happy when we win and hope we keep beating the sheep. But I've given up on thinking we can throw a forward pass that doesn't look like a 3 stooges skit.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:33 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:55 pm Ironically, it's worse than the cockhill years. Talk about a guy who could screw up QBs. I wonder whatever happened to him?

Not sure I agree. I remember duds like Dax Crum and Karsten Sween. No one was going to do much with those guys.
I think the offense in 2016 was pretty great. Josh threw something like 5 picks against Nebraska but it was his first year. Once he got going, we scored a lot of points. But the defense was awful. I remember we gave up 70 to UNLV and I think 59 to New Mexico.
When you get down to it, most bad teams struggle on offense. csewe did not score 20 points in a single game last year. They didn't score an offensive td against us. And their new coach was supposed to be a passing offense guy. I thought Chambers was going to be good but if anything, he got worse the more he played. That doesn't speak too well about the coaching.
I'm done trying to hope for better things. I'll go to the games and just be happy when we win and hope we keep beating the sheep. But I've given up on thinking we can throw a forward pass that doesn't look like a 3 stooges skit.
That appy state game was as bad as I've seen. Total body of work? Splitting ass hairs I guess.

Remember when Cockhill's dad wrote a letter to the trib railing Glenn and Burman? Embarrassed for him.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

Last I knew, he was in Helena, where he grew up, working as a loan officer for a bank.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:22 am
Last I knew, he was in Helena, where he grew up, working as a loan officer for a bank.
Honestly, coaching didn't look like his thing. Funny he or his dad was so bitter. Nobody in the nation would have stuck with him as long as Glenn did. If Glenn made the right switch in year 2, who knows how his tenure would have been impacted.

I guess the real irony here is how our two fcs guys can't field an offense.