App st game...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:14 pm I'll admit that my eyesight isn't what it used to be. But I sure didn't see any receivers running free in the secondary. I guess they could get open against Portland st. but they struggle against a team that can run.
It should tell you all you need to know that we played off their receivers and gave them the underneath stuff but they didn't give our receivers anything in the short passing game. Oh, and our tight ends are also painfully slow.
We completed 17/28 passes against TEXAS.

Are you trying to tell me App St has more team speed than Texas? We can do better than 5/15 for 30 yds.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

If anyone wants to see the highlights...

I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

In both highlight reels, the blocked field goal never shows up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I deleted the link to the first one.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:26 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:14 pm I'll admit that my eyesight isn't what it used to be. But I sure didn't see any receivers running free in the secondary. I guess they could get open against Portland st. but they struggle against a team that can run.
It should tell you all you need to know that we played off their receivers and gave them the underneath stuff but they didn't give our receivers anything in the short passing game. Oh, and our tight ends are also painfully slow.

Are you trying to tell me App St has more team speed than Texas? We can do better than 5/15 for 30 yds.
I'm telling you what I saw. No one was open. And how many td drives did we have against Texas?
None. One long td run and one sustained drive that ended in a FG.
Peasley completed 11 passes for 200 yards against Portland st. and he had some good completions vs Texas Tech. Now suddenly it's his fault?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Man, it's awesome that this team wants to win, at least. Can you say a team doesn't deserve to win when they keep fighting even when it seems there's no chance? I don't know...

That said, why the hell was Peasley left in? Yes, there were definitely several times our receivers weren't open, but other times it just took him forever to actually get through his progressions. If he got the ball off quickly, there were plenty of opportunities for at last 4-8 yard gains rather than waiting and throwing an uncatchable ball, or running backwards/standing still until getting sacked.

His one big throw that would have stretched their defense a bit, he just missed a receiver that had a few steps on the defender. He didn't even need to be all that accurate, but he just missed.

Five for 15 for 31 yards and one pick six is disastrously bad no matter how you slice it. I'm totally willing to cut him some slack for his shoulder still being bad, but if that's the case, he shouldn't have been playing.
Last edited by Asmodeanreborn on Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Found the damned video of the blocked field goal!!!!!

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:49 pm Man, it's awesome that this team wants to win, at least. Can you say a team doesn't deserve to win when they keep fighting even when it seems there's no chance? I don't know...

That said, why the hell was Peasley left in? Yes, there were definitely several times our receivers weren't open, but other times it just took him forever to actually get through his progressions. If he got the ball off quickly, there were plenty of opportunities for at last 4-8 yard gains rather than waiting and throwing an uncatchable ball, or running backwards/standing still until getting sacked.

His one big throw that would have stretched their defense a bit, he just missed a receiver that had a few steps on the defender. He didn't even need to be all that accurate, but he just missed.

Five for 15 for 31 yards and one pick six is disastrously bad no matter how you slice it. I'm totally willing to cut him some slack for his shoulder still being bad, but if that's the case, he shouldn't have been playing.
I can't remember Bohl pulling a qb in a game other than pulling Vanderwahl a few times. I just watched a replay of the pick six and Peasley threw it behind the receiver. If Peasley isn't going to run, then his effectiveness goes way down. Not sure what the answer is but they better do something quick. Fresno might score a 100 tonight. It's disheartening to see how bad our offense still is. You can bet New Mexico is going to force us to throw next week.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

What an improbable win. Every stat says we should have been blown out. Hats off to the team for finding a way to win. App State will win the sunbelt IMO.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wow...just wow for the 1st blocked field goal for a touchdown in UW history....I've missed the home games this year due to work... NOT GONNA HAPPEN FOR UNM....And yes ive seen the Bozos come to Laramie and steal some NOT this time...I'm thinking maybe Year 10 might have something cookin....can't wait for the Bozos!!! Great win Pokes in what looked dead in the water!!! Wowza!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

People are making some arguable points concerning the qb both ways pro and con. My feeling is that Peasley is the best qb for this team and for this season. He is not blessed with upper echelon qb skills but what he lacks in those areas he makes up for with heart and leadership. I also think the players love him completely and he is really one of the biggest heartbeats on the club. Our wrs are notches below most other teams in terms of getting open so I guess I'd love to see AP playing in an offense where he had a few playmakers who could get open much more consistently.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Without knowing the play call, the routes that were supposed to be ran, and slowing it down to watch the defensive package unfold, it's really hard to tell exactly what was wrong. It is clear the passing game is sill dysfunctional.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm just guessing, but I don't think Peasley's shoulder is anywhere near 100%. I'm betting it was a tough decision about who would start at QB.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WYCowboy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:10 pm

I'm just guessing, but I don't think Peasley's shoulder is anywhere near 100%. I'm betting it was a tough decision about who would start at QB.
It wasn’t a tough decision. Bohl will always play the upperclassman if the upperclassman is cleared to play (even if the alternative is better). It’s why Levi Williams transferred.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

I was shocked at the amount of fans they brought. Easily 10x CSU ever has. Impressive. They were all very nice people. They all sounded like freaking yokels though. That accent man lol
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:47 pm

I'm telling you what I saw. No one was open. And how many td drives did we have against Texas?
None. One long td run and one sustained drive that ended in a FG.
Peasley completed 11 passes for 200 yards against Portland st. and he had some good completions vs Texas Tech. Now suddenly it's his fault?
I don't think it's Peasley's fault that our offense sucks. And he does provide a spark with his legs. My only argument is that if we need a spark and he's not providing it, is Svoboda so bad that he's not even worth a look? I haven't seen evidence that he is.

We're kind of treating Svoboda like he's the Nick Smith to Josh Allen, where it was clear that the #1 guy was world's apart from his backup. That's not what this is. Not even close.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

What was the deal with Kolbey Taylor? After the game Bohl looked pissed and quickly walked toward him and two guys (coaches?) waved him off. Seemed really odd.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:58 pm What was the deal with Kolbey Taylor? After the game Bohl looked pissed and quickly walked toward him and two guys (coaches?) waved him off. Seemed really odd.
Well, he was suspended for the Texas game. I hope Kolbey can get back on the field. He is said to be our best cornerback
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYCowboy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:10 pm

I agree with you 100% on this, and still wonder - again - WTF Bohly?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:07 am
ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:58 pm What was the deal with Kolbey Taylor? After the game Bohl looked pissed and quickly walked toward him and two guys (coaches?) waved him off. Seemed really odd.
Well, he was suspended for the Texas game. I hope Kolbey can get back on the field. He is said to be our best cornerback
Couldn't hear the questions from the post game presser but who was he talking about when he made the "no blood, no foul" comment?
cowpokeguy
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times

Peasley does add to the offense when he runs, but correct me if I'm wrong I don't recall a single called run for him in the App St. game. Of course he did get the one TD with his legs but that was clearly a scramble. Other times when it seems like maybe he could have scrambled, he kept looking and it led to a sack. Leads me to think they didn't want him taking contact due to the shoulder injury.