Wyo. vs App. state line

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

What are the odds Peasley plays? I'm thinking like 10%. We are going to miss his legs if he doesn't play
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

And it seems App fans are very confident. They have a good team for sure. Should be a close game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:27 am What are the odds Peasley plays? I'm thinking like 10%. We are going to miss his legs if he doesn't play
I would / will be surprised to see him play. Conference starts next week, and he likely won't need to play much in that game (New Mexico) either. Maybe a full heal is necessary, so he can be healthy for Fresneck and the rest of the MWC schedule.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:27 am What are the odds Peasley plays? I'm thinking like 10%. We are going to miss his legs if he doesn't play
Bohl is so tight lipped about these things that it's hard to say. But since he hasn't said Peasley will play, I think we have to assume he won't.
I was watching highlights of App. state vs. Gardner Webb and East Carolina. This isn't Texas or even Texas Tech. Their qb is not great. They haven't faced a defense like ours. As long as we don't turn the ball over, I like our chances - a lot.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:05 am
Bohl is so tight lipped about these things that it's hard to say. But since he hasn't said Peasley will play, I think we have to assume he won't.
I was watching highlights of App. state vs. Gardner Webb and East Carolina. This isn't Texas or even Texas Tech. Their qb is not great. They haven't faced a defense like ours. As long as we don't turn the ball over, I like our chances - a lot.
Watch some of the NC and East Carolina highlights. App State has good offensive team speed, but should be a step down after the Texas offense. The key will be wearing down App State's defensive front 7. I cannot believe I am saying this but a typical Bohl game plan seem to be a good one for this match-up.
appalum1
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

In an earlier post, i referred to #11, Favors, Apps starting DB as a transfer. I am informed he iwas recruited by App and did not transfer in. Only mistake i have ever made regarding App football. I humbly apologize.

Is it time for kickoff yet?
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I think WYO wins outright. We learned a lot last week about our team. App State is pretty good, they gave UNC a game, but the homefield is the difference.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:29 pm I think WYO wins outright. We learned a lot last week about our team. App State is pretty good, they gave UNC a game, but the homefield is the difference.
How else could a win be? Lol
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

jwy_poke wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:09 pm
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:29 pm I think WYO wins outright. We learned a lot last week about our team. App State is pretty good, they gave UNC a game, but the homefield is the difference.
A complete blowout.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

That AF line was easy money. For the betting pot, it is a great weekend regardless if I lose the rest.

Go POKES to make it a fantastic weekend!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:57 am
I would / will be surprised to see him play. Conference starts next week, and he likely won't need to play much in that game (New Mexico) either. Maybe a full heal is necessary, so he can be healthy for Fresneck and the rest of the MWC schedule.
In the scenario if Peasley doesn't play for three straight weeks, and Svodoba does and we assume he plays decently, will Bohl go back to Peasley against a likely undefeated Fresno?

I think it could potentially be a tough call at that point to go with a quarterback that has been injured for a month and hasn't played versus one that will have now had three games of experience and getting into a groove with the receivers. That's of course assuming that Svoboda plays well and wins both today and next week. If we lose either those games then it's a much easier decision to just go back to Peasley even when he hasn't played
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:15 pm
Hence the -3 I believe. If WYO was there, that would probably be flipped.
-3 is the "standard" deviation implemented in betting lines for home field advantage, all other things considered equal.

Means Vegas more or less thinks the two teams are dead even.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Did the defense even prepare at all this week? We are giving up 8+ yards every play regardless if they pass or run
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:17 am
jwy_poke wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:09 pm

A complete blowout.
Same. Any win is outright.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I'm disappointed Peasley's playing. He seems slow, honestly. Oh well, hopefully he'll improve.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I would go back to Svodoba for the rest of this game based on this first quarter. To me Peasley looks timid and I don't think the coaches are really trusting him to throw the ball. So it is making us super one dimensional. I would play Svoboda instead who at least would be a much more of a threat to throw the ball.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:39 pm Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I would go back to Svodoba for the rest of this game based on this first quarter. To me Peasley looks timid and I don't think the coaches are really trusting him to throw the ball. So it is making us super one dimensional. I would play Svoboda instead who at least would be a much more of a threat to throw the ball.
I'm not sure that's unpopular. I feel the same way, and that sack on the last drive is the kind of situation Svoboda doesn't find himself in much.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Wow. Credit to Peasley for that run. Good job!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:48 pm Wow. Credit to Peasley for that run. Good job!
Yeah nice run by Peasley. I wasn't sure if he would be given the green light to take off due to his shoulder but nice to see that he has been. That should help for the rest of the game
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 24 times

Clean up the penalties. Discipline is key