Wyoming at Texas

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:55 am I did not know that Tevis Bartlett (Cheyenne East/U of Washington) is a grad assistant at Texas.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... -top-story
Tevis's career stats at Washington aren't even as good as Logan's Freshman year.

No one gives a poop about him in Washington and no one gives a poop about him in Wyoming. Great choice, Tevis. The Governor will live forever.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:59 am
Poke in New England wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:55 am I did not know that Tevis Bartlett (Cheyenne East/U of Washington) is a grad assistant at Texas.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... -top-story
Tevis's career stats at Washington aren't even as good as Logan's Freshman year.

No one gives a poop about him in Washington and no one gives a poop about him in Wyoming. Great choice, Tevis. The Governor will live forever.
Yup. Bartlett is not a Cowboy and I wish people would stop pretending he is
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:18 pm

It was an interesting nugget. Don't read more into it than that.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:31 pm
Any time a Wyoming kid with potential chooses to go to school anywhere but UW is a bummer for us who care about the Cowboys, but there are a subset of us for whom it takes the form of a personal slight. The need to constantly cast those decisions as "right" or "wrong" on a message board will never make sense to me.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

307bball wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:51 am

Any time a Wyoming kid with potential chooses to go to school anywhere but UW is a bummer for us who care about the Cowboys, but there are a subset of us for whom it takes the form of a personal slight. The need to constantly cast those decisions as "right" or "wrong" on a message board will never make sense to me.
Yeah, this one is going on 10 years now. Time to move on.

We got the better in-state linebacker anyway.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

This isn't even accurate. Tevis Bartlett was in-fact an athlete for the University of Wyoming (it was short - - but he was on a Wyoming roster).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I agree with you. The demeanor some Wyoming fans have toward these athletes who dare to go to an out of state school (perhaps for a myriad of reasons) is baffling and just plain wrong.

Should we blast the Wyoming native who left his job at the University of Wyoming Foundation to take a pay raise and go work for the Foundation of the University of Texas? I wish this person nothing but the best and hope he succeeds there.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:38 pm
This isn't even accurate. Tevis Bartlett was in-fact an athlete for the University of Wyoming (it was short - - but he was on a Wyoming roster).
I'm aware. And he wussed out after about three weeks.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:41 pm

I agree with you. The demeanor some Wyoming fans have toward these athletes who dare to go to an out of state school (perhaps for a myriad of reasons) is baffling and just plain wrong.

Should we blast the Wyoming native who left his job at the University of Wyoming Foundation to take a pay raise and go work for the Foundation of the University of Texas? I wish this person nothing but the best and hope he succeeds there.
Sure, but why should anyone give a poop here about him? He didn't go to my school and a reporter brings him up as if we should care and be proud of him, for some reason. Maybe if you are a Cheyenne East graduate. IDK. I'd rather hear about men that chose to be Cowboys.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:45 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Sure, but why should anyone give a poop here about him? He didn't go to my school and a reporter brings him up as if we should care and be proud of him, for some reason. Maybe if you are a Cheyenne East graduate. IDK. I'd rather hear about men that chose to be Cowboys.
I'm happy to hear about him. This is a Wyoming native who has significant ties to the State, who proved himself as a good college football player at the D1 level, and, who is now trying to make his way through the coaching ranks.

Would you say the same about Mike Leach? There is a Wyoming guy who never associated with the University of Wyoming.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:49 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:45 pm
I'm happy to hear about him. This is a Wyoming native who has significant ties to the State, who proved himself as a good college football player at the D1 level, and, who is now trying to make his way through the coaching ranks.

Would you say the same about Mike Leach? There is a Wyoming guy who never associated with the University of Wyoming.
Yeah, I don't give a poop about Mike Leach. Why should I?
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:14 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:49 pm

If you truly did not "give a poop" .... I would think there would be far less commentary about this "who is or isn't" a cowboy nonsense. Is it inbounds to talk about opposing coaches ever? Almost none of them are "Cowboys".

To imply anybody is lining up and celebrating Tevis as a Wyoming Cowboy is dis-ingenuous. If you are advocating for Wyoming people to turn their backs on and shun former HS standouts that go elsewhere....that is a high level sour grapes mindset there.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:36 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:14 pm
If you truly did not "give a poop" .... I would think there would be far less commentary about this "who is or isn't" a cowboy nonsense. Is it inbounds to talk about opposing coaches ever? Almost none of them are "Cowboys".

To imply anybody is lining up and celebrating Tevis as a Wyoming Cowboy is dis-ingenuous. If you are advocating for Wyoming people to turn their backs on and shun former HS standouts that go elsewhere....that is a high level sour grapes mindset there.
lol I am not allowed to say the other word on this site. Go ahead, talk about opposing coaches or players, but inot n the context of them being Cowboys or having any sort of special connection to UW or the state in general. All chose not to be part of UW. Those that left don't really deserve interest from UW fans since they didn't go to UW. It's not a hard concept. Bartlet got mentioned in the same paragraph as a current UW coach and a hall of fame wrestler and all American. Bartlet didn't do anything to deserve to be mentioned along with those people.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:44 pm
307bball wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:36 pm

lol I am not allowed to say the other word on this site. Go ahead, talk about opposing coaches or players, but inot n the context of them being Cowboys or having any sort of special connection to UW or the state in general. All chose not to be part of UW. Those that left don't really deserve interest from UW fans since they didn't go to UW. It's not a hard concept. Bartlet got mentioned in the same paragraph as a current UW coach and a hall of fame wrestler and all American. Bartlet didn't do anything to deserve to be mentioned along with those people.
Again...point to the context of Tevis being referred to as a "Cowboy"...is this just because his name was mentioned in proximity to people who did play or coach at the University? ...geez...get over it. Or maybe you have a problem with it from a journalistic standpoint....does it not rise to your standard to note that a former Wyoming HS standout is on an opposing staff? Considering the inane stuff that gets put into game previews....this seems like a dumb bone to pick.

BTW, the link that was posted originally leads to an article that has no mention of Tevis. I assume you are referring to a different article.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:57 pm You can get a seven day free trial to Fubo if you don’t mind giving them credit card info. Longhorn network is on fubo. Cancel after the game.
Oops. Sorry I misled you. I signed up for Fubo and couldn’t get the game. Apparently, the channels you can get are zip code dependent and the longhorn network isn’t available to Casper zips!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Neyor didn’t play a single snap against Wyoming. I read in the tribune article that he made a now deleted cryptic tweet following the game. Anyone see the tweet?

His potential NFL career might be over. You aren’t getting drafted if you aren’t even playing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:20 pm Neyor didn’t play a single snap against Wyoming. I read in the tribune article that he made a now deleted cryptic tweet following the game. Anyone see the tweet?

His potential NFL career might be over. You aren’t getting drafted if you aren’t even playing.
The grass isn’t always greener. Oluweysi omothosho too. He went fron a starter and, imo, future all MWC player and future draft pick to not even playing in Oregon state. It is risky AF to leave a good situation
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:20 pm Neyor didn’t play a single snap against Wyoming. I read in the tribune article that he made a now deleted cryptic tweet following the game. Anyone see the tweet?

He said, "Coo."

https://7220sports.com/turning-point-un ... otball-46/