Visiting App Fan asking about parking

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
VistingAppFan
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Me and a couple of my friend will be in Laramie for the App State game and wondering about parking for the game. Can we purchase passes? Looking forward to visiting your fine state
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

They sell passes on the gowyo.com website. I wouldn't worry much about it though. You can park for free usually within a few blocks of the stadium and walk it pretty easily.

They offer Free Parking up on Willett and 30th. The stadium is at 22nd and Willett if you don't mind a bit of a walk.

Traffic after the game usually clears out in about 45 minutes after it is over.

Have you found a place to stay in town?
Smeller
Buckaroo
Has liked: 42 times

I am flying in to the game from Hickory NC! See you there!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

If you want to tailgate, i would purchase a pass in Summit lot... they usually remove these from being able to buy a couple days before the game. If you aren't tailgating, there is plenty of free parking and walking isnt an issue just like someone mentioned... depending where you are staying you might be able to walk to stadium pretty easily.

Laramie is a blast and the fans are very friendly and love to host and have good conversation so don't be shy to walk around the lots and mingle
YOSEF97
Buckaroo

Thanks for the information. We are flying into Denver on Thursday and back out on Monday. We are staying at the App team hotel in Fort Collins and planning to make the drive up on Saturday morning and have a parking pass in Summit.

Our daughter rides horses and loves the west so we have a tour of WYO set-up for Friday. I can tell you that this is a trip I have had flagged for several years. I have heard great things about the Cowboy game day experience and heard our fan bases and games at atmospheres are very similar.

Hopefully get to visit a few tailgates and meet a few locals.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

YOSEF97 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:23 pm Thanks for the information. We are flying into Denver on Thursday and back out on Monday. We are staying at the App team hotel in Fort Collins and planning to make the drive up on Saturday morning and have a parking pass in Summit.

Our daughter rides horses and loves the west so we have a tour of WYO set-up for Friday. I can tell you that this is a trip I have had flagged for several years. I have heard great things about the Cowboy game day experience and heard our fan bases and games at atmospheres are very similar.

Hopefully get to visit a few tailgates and meet a few locals.
My neighbor was a professor at App St, then got his dream job at Wyoming. He loved Boone, but he's glad he's at UW.
VistingAppFan
Buckaroo

Thanks for the info. Got my parking pass. Looking forward to coming to Laramie. We're staying in Cheyenne
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

VistingAppFan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:02 am Thanks for the info. Got my parking pass. Looking forward to coming to Laramie. We're staying in Cheyenne
Sorry to hear you have to stay in Cheyenne! I would have picked numerous spots before going that direction...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

VistingAppFan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:02 am Thanks for the info. Got my parking pass. Looking forward to coming to Laramie. We're staying in Cheyenne
McPeach is probably right below, but there are some cool things to do over in cheyenne. At the top of my list:

* Quebec 01 - its a former nuclear launch facility converted to a museum. Its pretty cool to see how those guys lived in that era, then go 50 ft under group into the launch facility and see all of the ancient equipment. My wife points out that we had the peacemakers while the soviets more aptly named theirs the satan X.

* Wyoming State museum - lots of good stuff going on here and the archives.

* Terry Bison - take a look - some neat stuff there.

* Vedavoo and pole mountain (between laramie and cheyenne)

Lots of good stuff out that way if you look for it.
VistingAppFan
Buckaroo

Thanks for the info. Would also like to ask about good restaurants in both Laramie and Cheyenne recommendations
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

VistingAppFan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:30 am Thanks for the info. Would also like to ask about good restaurants in both Laramie and Cheyenne recommendations
Food scene is on point in both cities.

Cheyenne: Little Bear Inn, The Albany, Sanford's

Between Cheyenne and Laramie: The Bunkhouse

Laramie: The Library, Crowbar, Buffalo Indian, Born in a Barn
App23
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

I also have a parking pass for my group in the summit view lot. Staying in Fort Collins Wednesday and Thursday, then got an AirBnB in Laramie "within walking distance" to the stadium Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to taking in this part of the country for the first time.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

App23 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:49 pm I also have a parking pass for my group in the summit view lot. Staying in Fort Collins Wednesday and Thursday, then got an AirBnB in Laramie "within walking distance" to the stadium Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to taking in this part of the country for the first time.
If you get a chance, take a trip out towards centennial. The first freeze hit and the leaves on the aspen should be changing up there. Quite a beautiful experience - even if you don't get off the road. You'll want to head up and around the Rob Roy area.

Pretty good food there at the Albany Lodge. Some good food over in Centennial as well.

Also the leaves probably should be changing up at vedavau between laramie and cheyenne as well. Fun rock formations. Days are getting colder - its 45F before 6am. Venus is bright before sunrise. Fall is in the air.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

App23 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:49 pm I also have a parking pass for my group in the summit view lot. Staying in Fort Collins Wednesday and Thursday, then got an AirBnB in Laramie "within walking distance" to the stadium Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to taking in this part of the country for the first time.
Welcome to Wyoming and Laramie! If somebody told me to make one suggestion of where to go, and what to see while here, it would either be:

1. Walk the Turtle Rock trail at Vedauwoo, about 15 miles east of Laramie, and exits are marked.

https://www.visitlaramie.org/things-to- ... /vedauwoo/

2. Drive over the Snowy Range on Highway 130 to Saratoga, and return on 230 through Encampment and Three Way. Stop at Mirror Lake on the way over!

https://www.visitlaramie.org/things-to- ... nic-byway/

The Laramie Visitor group does a great job with this type of stuff - https://www.visitlaramie.org/
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

You already got some suggestions for Friday and Saturday. I would add driving over the Snowy Range to Saratoga, hitting the HOBO Pool (Hot Springs) , a cold one at the Saratoga Inn brewery, and maybe hiking up Medicine Bow Peak. on the way.

In FOCO try Doug's Diner for breakfast and Nordy's for BBQ.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:13 am
Welcome to Wyoming and Laramie! If somebody told me to make one suggestion of where to go, and what to see while here, it would either be:

1. Walk the Turtle Rock trail at Vedauwoo, about 15 miles east of Laramie, and exits are marked.

https://www.visitlaramie.org/things-to- ... /vedauwoo/
]
2. Drive over the Snowy Range on Highway 130 to Saratoga, and return on 230 through Encampment and Three Way. Stop at Mirror Lake on the way over!

https://www.visitlaramie.org/things-to- ... nic-byway/
The Laramie Visitor group does a great job with this type of stuff - https://www.visitlaramie.org/
When I do that trip, I usually like to take it easy and head back through Hanna and Medicine Bow. Its a greasy spoon, and I enjoy the hell out of it, so a stop at the Virginian for lunch/dinner + bloody mary is nice. Sure beats fighting semi's on i80.
App23
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

I appreciate all the feedback! Looking forward to taking in as much of these as we can squeeze in. About to had to the Charlotte airport in a couple of hours.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Bring a jacket as hearing maybe some rain and u want to dress for 7220. Not saying any frozen precip, BUT u never know...probably in the 50s ...have fun and welcome to 7220
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

This will be a true fall weather game in Laramie. Kickoff is after sunset, and the high is only 63 on Saturday. Odds of it being over 50 at halftime are pretty low.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:58 am This will be a true fall weather game in Laramie. Kickoff is after sunset, and the high is only 63 on Saturday. Odds of it being over 50 at halftime are pretty low.
plus windy as heck.